Security Roster Access - Accepted

Two_Six

What you want to see? - I would like to see the addition of Security Senior Command (MAJ-COL) have access to the roster so that more than a couple people can keep things up to date. Only Security High Command (Three people) have access to the roster and majority of the time only one or two people actually update it because of their schedule or other reasons.

Why should we add it? - This addition should be made because High Command is not always available. Having more people have roster access would alleviate some of the responsibility from High Command as well as having Enlisted-Low Command come to more people for simple things like their roster entry. Security has the most players of all of SCPRP with on average 100-150 players at any given time with only 3 people to make sure everything is up to date.

What are the advantages of having this? - Roster updated more frequently, High Command won't have to be messaged/pinged for just roster changes, as well as keeping things more neatly managed.

Who is it mainly for? - Senior Command though it would benefit High Command.

Links to any content - None.

Edited by Two_Six
  • Gaminglight Love 2

- / + Support

It would make it confusing for every branch as they will start lowing the ranks where Roster Access is given. Also if Senior Command does get access they don't just have access to GenSec they have access to every roster so keeping it at High Command is safer security wise.

Edited by Slade

ImperialRPSenior Moderator - Game Master - Naval CaptainInquisitor Lord IV - Emperor's Wrath69th Division Vice Commander Medical Droid [R4-854]

Imperial.png.4dd01da1de2342578663ea904a7b151b.png

5 hours ago, Slade said:

- / + Support

It would make it confusing for every branch as they will start lowing the ranks where Roster Access is given. Also if Senior Command does get access they don't just have access to GenSec they have access to every roster so keeping it at High Command is safer security wise.

Protected sheets can easily be set up, however I agree, it isn't necessary. High Command is obligated to keep the roster up to date. They all got striked for not doing so before.

Edited by Knuckles

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

+Support

I'm always for giving more opportunities to lower command members to take part in ensuring the branch is well run. Honestly, keeping the roster up to date shouldn't have to fall to the HOS and DHOS's since it's such a continuous task. Allowing more personnel access to keeping it up to date ensures that any mistakes are quickly fixed and that it's continuously kept up to date. Command members are made command members for a reason, so I support increasing the trust that's given to them.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

15 hours ago, Slade said:

- / + Support

/ Security Captain Monroe / Retired SCP-RP Senior Moderator Monroe /

Hey! It's your local SCP nerd. Used to write a few articles and do meme writings every once in a while. Message me if you want server, grammar, writing, or interpreting help! Also more than open to becoming friends with the community! [ color=Name/Hex]You're Welcome[/color]

19 hours ago, Slade said:

- / + Support

Sheets are protected but I agree.

Edited by Catsro

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

20 hours ago, Slade said:

- / + Support

ye i agree

On 8/30/2019 at 4:03 PM, Rookieblue said:

+Support

I'm always for giving more opportunities to lower command members to take part in ensuring the branch is well run. Honestly, keeping the roster up to date shouldn't have to fall to the HOS and DHOS's since it's such a continuous task. Allowing more personnel access to keeping it up to date ensures that any mistakes are quickly fixed and that it's continuously kept up to date. Command members are made command members for a reason, so I support increasing the trust that's given to them.

RETINA BURN BOI

-Support

Reasons: This should be restricted to HOS-DCOS as allowing any command to access it will cause a lot of issues. Also they have to keep it up to date anyways since they got striked before for not doing it.

Conclusion: Overall we don't need to implement it as it shouldn't be easier to access to people that we don't trust more than the HOS-DCOS. It can cause issues and overall it's doesn't need to be added.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

On 8/29/2019 at 10:44 PM, Slade said:

- / + Support

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

On 9/2/2019 at 8:49 PM, ASimplePlayer said:

-Support

Reasons: This should be restricted to HOS-DCOS as allowing any command to access it will cause a lot of issues. Also they have to keep it up to date anyways since they got striked before for not doing it.

Conclusion: Overall we don't need to implement it as it shouldn't be easier to access to people that we don't trust more than the HOS-DCOS. It can cause issues and overall it's doesn't need to be added.

They aren't saying any Command, just Senior Command.

+Support, Senior Command is really up there and as of now there's only two Senior Command, so its not that huge of a difference in terms of perms. Also, TwoSix and Krafty have worked really hard to get to where they are. I 100% doubt they would throw that all away just to misuse roster powers. 

On 8/30/2019 at 1:44 AM, Slade said:

- / + Support

Not really, it'd be pretty easy to remember. Every other branch is High Command, but Gensec would be Senior Command+. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 9/6/2019 at 12:07 AM, Gunther said:

They aren't saying any Command, just Senior Command.

+Support, Senior Command is really up there and as of now there's only two Senior Command, so its not that huge of a difference in terms of perms. Also, TwoSix and Krafty have worked really hard to get to where they are. I 100% doubt they would throw that all away just to misuse roster powers. 

Not really, it'd be pretty easy to remember. Every other branch is High Command, but Gensec would be Senior Command+. 

+Support. It would make for the more active Senior command able to identify new updates to the roster like promotions because there is not always a high command on that could check everyone to see if the roster is up to date and would help them update it in case high command is not on. So I totaly agree with Twosix, and Gunther that they should have some access to the roster to help update it more frequently.

Thank you for your time.