Android / IOS App

Bog

Should this be added in the near future?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the idea

• Yes
    • No

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What do you want to see? -  I would like there to be a GamingLight Fourmns app for your mobile device 

Why should we add it? - It would allow for easier navigation on the forums while you're on your mobile device. Some times when I'm at work it's super difficult to navigate on my mobile device because the website doesn't transfer over well on to chrome/safari so making an app that's sole purpose is for your smartphones would show to be helpful. Sometimes ill be at work and I want to quickly access the forums to check one of my posts, applications, or important information and not have to deal with all the extra steps to get to it. Wouldnt it be nicer to just have the "GamingLight" shortcut on your screen at any time?! 

What are the advantages of having this? - Easier to access the forums on mobile devices. This would let you see any forums notifications, updates, or chatter to your buddies with just one click. I believe making a solid UI along with a good development team behind this project could be a good step for GamingLight.

Who is it mainly for? -  Forum users, Mobile devices 

Links to any content - 

Edited by Bog

+Support

I am always on my mobile device when I'm not at my fathers and that would help me a lot if possible

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

+ Support
If this could be done it would be amazing. 

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

Massive + Support

+ Most people use the forums when they are unable to get on their computer

+ This would draw in new people who see the app on the App Store

+ This is extremely feasible

+ People will want to get push notifications on their phone. Especially to see when people reply to applications.

+ This will make it easier to compete with other major communities such as Defcon, as they will almost certainly not follow suite for a while

+ Staff will be able to do their job without being at their computer

+ There’s no harm in seeing how it works out

• th3 locked this topic