Legitimate thermals - Denied

Patooti Fruity

I'm not going to make this long winded seeing as it's a simple and pragmatic suggestion

What you want to see? -  Working "Thermals"

Why should we add it? - Current "thermals" rely on the flashlight/shadow bug, or for the invisible person to uncloak in the vicinity of the person with thermals, either way it's unreliable, buggy and borderline abusive

What are the advantages of having this? - mentioned above

Who is it mainly for? - All classes that currently have thermals

Links to any content -  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=869110496&searchtext=thermal as an example but I'm sure there are many options and variants

I suggest that MTF still have to advert to activate thermals and to make it against the rules to have it active 24/7 seeing as it would essentially make the cloaking swep useless otherwise

1 minute ago, steppy said:

+Support

I saw these thermals in use and they're pretty cool. If this can actually work with our cloak I'd love this! 

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

5 minutes ago, MizterBoozleNoozle said:

-Looks like you have to spawn it in ever time.

Probably a way to get it auto spawned, if really required you could add the entity to the F4 menu of the classes with thermals.

This addon is also merely an example of many potential addons you could use in replacement.

2 hours ago, steppy said:

+Support

I saw these thermals in use and they're pretty cool. If this can actually work with our cloak I'd love this! 

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

22 hours ago, th3 said:

-/+ support

+Support for the addition of physical Thermals, not Night Vision, they are two different things. -Support, because its a physical object someone can drop, I feel this can abused by mingy people with access to it, but we can always deal with those.

On 8/27/2019 at 8:51 PM, Bor said:

I'm quite sure we have a type of night vision Goggles, Added to the server, But I think you can only spawn them in.

Yea we have Night Vision goggles, but they can only see in the dark; Thermals however, let us see heat signatures.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 8/29/2019 at 6:25 AM, Gunther said:

+Support for the addition of physical Thermals, not Night Vision, they are two different things.

-Support, because its a physical object someone can drop, I feel this can abused by mingy people with access to it, but we can always deal with those.

/ Security Captain Monroe / Retired SCP-RP Senior Moderator Monroe /

Hey! It's your local SCP nerd. Used to write a few articles and do meme writings every once in a while. Message me if you want server, grammar, writing, or interpreting help! Also more than open to becoming friends with the community! [ color=Name/Hex]You're Welcome[/color]

11 hours ago, The Diddler said:

On 8/29/2019 at 12:25 PM, Gunther said:

-Support, because its a physical object someone can drop, 

Once again this specific addon only provides as an example of a variety of addons we could use, it does not have to be this one in particular.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:15 AM, steppy said:

+Support

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain