035-1 Buff - Accepted

Patooti Fruity

035 Influence  

51 members have voted

1. 1. 035 Influence

On 9/9/2019 at 8:46 PM, Hoovy said:

Leaning to a -Support

New players would have an extremely hard time understanding this.

I do agree that 035 needs some sort of thing for him, and I would be fine with this, it just needs to be less complicated.

true but new players wouldn't come into contact with the SCP much, and it's kind of their fault if they don't read the rules, I don't think it's too complicated tbh

5 hours ago, Patooti Fruity said:

true but new players wouldn't come into contact with the SCP much, and it's kind of their fault if they don't read the rules, I don't think it's too complicated tbh

+Support

yeah if added it would be in the rules and would just be on the player to read it and not anyone else's fault so it still is possible to be added and like he said not that complicated tbh.

Thank you for your time.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:26 PM, steppy said:

+Support

This would make people actually want to play 035-1 and get more RP going. Having a cooldown on the influence would be needed. Also rolling over 65 sounds reasonable. If this gets added let's just make sure that the MOTD gets updated explaining how 035's influence works.

On 8/27/2019 at 6:26 PM, steppy said:

+Support

This would make people actually want to play 035-1 and get more RP going. Having a cooldown on the influence would be needed. Also rolling over 65 sounds reasonable. If this gets added let's just make sure that the MOTD gets updated explaining how 035's influence works.

Just here to spread some good news.

Former Epsilon-11 Commander, Mod, Event Team

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I might as well bump what I said as its relevant to the fine tunes of it.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:15 AM, Train Overlord said:

+Support

Only if the changes below are applied in some way

1): Can only use once every 5 Minutes (this timer starts the moment the current influencer exits the trance or dies) = This is to stop spamming the trance on everyone they encounter.

2): Can Influence one individual for a max of 5 minutes. = Prevents 035-1 from gaining a literal army and taking over the foundation and managing to stop containment teams.

3): Cannot influence same person twice in one life = Prevents same person from being nabbed.

4): Needs to roll 50+ for lower Security, 65+ for Security command (LT+), 70 for MTF/CI and 95+ for commanders and cannot command Site Administration  = The ability to command someone to do anything you desire is a pretty powerful ability stepping over near the power gaming area and considered that in lore every person in the foundation has a natural high resistance to memetic hazards and those working with SCP-035 would have trained in deflecting this influence it makes sense such a high roll needed is justified (the higher rank/importance the harder to control). Remember, your commanding them to do anything you want besides from the other things I mentioned from shooting people and disobeying their usual rules. Not commanding Administration is to prevent 035-1 from commanding them to activate the nuke, gain access to forbidden areas and commanding the A1 and the entire site (so gameplay reasons). And similar reasons for why the roll is high for Commanders because then 035-1 can command the entire MTF basically. 

5): Influenced personal must remain near SCP-035-1

6): Influenced personal must defend 035-1 under all circumstances = Otherwise it would be impossible for foundation to tell who is influenced and gives them a chance to tell.

7): Cannot influence people through glass (you mentioned this in direct contact but just to classify

8): Cannot influence in groups of people (SCP's don't count) = Prevents 035-1 to running up to a group of containment guys or MTF and pressing their influencing bind.

9): Cannot influence SCPS = Common sense

The above changes should balance it out and stick it away from power gaming. And while I'm still iffy on the subject the above changes would sit well.

Otherwise -Support

Edited by Train Overlord

Nothing special here, move on.

What about 035 having to role a 60 for Security Lvl 1 personnel and an additional +10 for each security level above. He can only influence a max of 2-3 people at a time. He may not influence during combat and has to be within talking distance to influence but cannot influence through walls or glass (basically the range of local text chat). Once under influence, you must listen to the commands of 035's desire until killed or put in jail for 5 minutes (This might be a poor choice). <-- By all means this may be too vague or overpowered but I thought I'd give it a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Ill throw my idea in

roll vs roll, cant be done in combat, no limit to how many can be influenced, person influenced must remain near 035 or search for 035 if lost, 1 minute cooldown (you cant retry a roll for 5 minutes anyway)

035 is keter and in his current state nearly useless, i think that this change is needed to make him relevant as a keter SCP.

Also wanna add since lots of the ideas involve certain roll requirements for certain branches that we still have the site admin roll bonus rules

Edited by BadAim

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 7:15 PM, Train Overlord said:

+Support

Only if the changes below are applied in some way

1): Can only use once every 5 Minutes (this timer starts the moment the current influencer exits the trance or dies) = This is to stop spamming the trance on everyone they encounter.

2): Can Influence one individual for a max of 5 minutes. = Prevents 035-1 from gaining a literal army and taking over the foundation and managing to stop containment teams.

3): Cannot influence same person twice in one life = Prevents same person from being nabbed.

4): Needs to roll 60+ for lower Security, 70+ for Security command (LT+), 75 for MTF/CI and 95+ for commanders and cannot command Site Administration  = The ability to command someone to do anything you desire is a pretty powerful ability stepping over near the power gaming area and considered that in lore every person in the foundation has a natural high resistance to memetic hazards and those working with SCP-035 would have trained in deflecting this influence it makes sense such a high roll needed is justified (the higher rank/importance the harder to control). Remember, your commanding them to do anything you want besides from the other things I mentioned from shooting people and disobeying their usual rules. Not commanding Administration is to prevent 035-1 from commanding them to activate the nuke, gain access to forbidden areas and commanding the A1 and the entire site (so gameplay reasons). And similar reasons for why the roll is high for Commanders because then 035-1 can command the entire MTF basically. 

5): Influenced personal must remain near SCP-035-1

6): Influenced personal must defend 035-1 under all circumstances = Otherwise it would be impossible for foundation to tell who is influenced and gives them a chance to tell.

7): Cannot influence people through glass (you mentioned this in direct contact but just to classify

8): Cannot influence in groups of people (SCP's don't count) = Prevents 035-1 to running up to a group of containment guys or MTF and pressing their influencing bind.

9): Cannot influence SCPS = Common sense

The above changes should balance it out and stick it away from power gaming. And while I'm still iffy on the subject the above changes would sit well.

Otherwise -Support

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

• 2 weeks later...

+ support reasons above 035 also isn't the scp that does a lot of damage 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+support, agree with almost everything
however, i do think low personell should be allowed to be influenced through glass. 
if a junior researcher or a d-class whoms unfortunate researcher died, you should be able to infuence them, seeing as they will be the ones to let you out
i also would like to see scp-035 be allowed to kill an influenced person, for example a d-class, you influence them to breach you, and you terminate them because they arent that good, this should lower your timer to 60-90sec
also, a mechanic where scp-035 doesn't have to influence you, but they still agree to help him would be a nice touch, seeing as scp-035 can choose whom/whom not to kill in lore, and isnt bloodthristy. making the influence not worth it for a D-Class who is trying to help, but a lone mtf PVT who fled from the flock.

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Simplification attempt:
SCP 035-1: SCP 035-1 has the capability to assert control over the minds of others. He can (try) do this once every 5 minutes and if he succeeds the subject will only be controllable for that period of time. The chance of him succeeding is based on the memetic resistance of the subject. The resistance level of personal increases the higher clearance they are (for security reasons), lower level personnel (researchers and Security) have a resistance level of 60, while Higher ranking personal have a resistance level of 75 (Security cmd, MTF, and CI), and Combat leaders (MTF and CI cmd) have a resistance level of 95. Site command cannot be controlled.
Basic rules of Influence: 

• 035 can only control non-SCP's.     
  • 035-1 can only control 1 subject at a time.       
  • Influenced personnel must obey 035-1, stay near him, and defend him at all costs.     
  • The containment glass blocks 035-1's influence

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a simplified list of what it seems the most people quoted/agreed with. 

Edited by Ritz

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

3 hours ago, Ritz said:

Simplification attempt:
SCP 035-1: SCP 035-1 has the capability to assert control over the minds of others. He can (try) do this once every 5 minutes and if he succeeds the subject will only be controllable for that period of time. The chance of him succeeding is based on the memetic resistance of the subject. The resistance level of personal increases the higher clearance they are (for security reasons), lower level personnel (researchers and Security) have a resistance level of 60, while Higher ranking personal have a resistance level of 75 (Security cmd, MTF, and CI), and Combat leaders (MTF and CI cmd) have a resistance level of 95. Site command cannot be controlled.
Basic rules of Influence: 

• 035 can only control non-SCP's.     
  • 035-1 can only control 1 subject at a time.       
  • Influenced personnel must obey 035-1, stay near him, and defend him at all costs.     
  • The containment glass blocks 035-1's influence

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a simplified list of what it seems the most people quoted/agreed with. 

I think this is pretty good. What do you guys think of this?

big cat running GIF

On 12/17/2019 at 8:37 PM, _Alpha_ said:

I think this is lit.

I think this is lit.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||