035-1 Buff - Accepted

Patooti Fruity

035 Influence  

51 members have voted

1. 1. 035 Influence

What you want to see? -  035 should be given the ability to influence people into helping him, 035 would have to roll after attempting to influence & get above a 65 for a successful influence. Influencing should be prohibited in combat (warnable for failRP) and if found to be too powerful, should have either a timer, a rule change or a maximum amount of people you can have under influence (eg 1 or 2). Other people that find someone that has been successfully influenced can subsequently Arrest/KOS the influenced person, influenced people should be able to (discretely) integrate themself into normal groups of people undetected and would lose influence if 035 has been TERMINATED. 

1. -035 must be in direct line of sight to influence. 
  2.  -D-Class should be able to be influenced more easily (eg. only have to roll 50 or higher)

Why should we add it? -  In lore, the 035 mask can influence people to its will and so it would be cannon friendly. it would also add a lot of incentive to play an otherwise underwhelming SCP and encourage researchers to test on him more (035 is never tested on)

What are the advantages of having this? - fresh take on an old SCP, more likely to have people playing, large variety of research RP opportunities (testing extent of control with variables such as range, amnesics, time, how it conflicts with 049, ect.) 

Who is it mainly for? - SCP 035-1 however it also offers a lot of opportunities for research and interesting RP

Links to any content - N/A (rule change)

please keep in mind that if this seems to powerful, multiple aspects of this idea could be altered heavily, this is more of a general guideline as to a good direction for SCP 035-1 to go.

Edited by Patooti Fruity
  • Gaminglight Love 1

On 7/13/2019 at 11:07 PM, th3 said:

I set up the system so the trainer could do the whitelist even if they aren’t staff. When I get back Monday night I will fix the issue if it’s still there.

+ support cool yes very much

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

41 minutes ago, zt4520 said:

Yes this would actually make him a little more interesting for all people that play him and would be great for role-play.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+Support

This would make people actually want to play 035-1 and get more RP going. Having a cooldown on the influence would be needed. Also rolling over 65 sounds reasonable. If this gets added let's just make sure that the MOTD gets updated explaining how 035's influence works.

• Like 1

+Support

Only if the changes below are applied in some way

1): Can only use once every 5 Minutes (this timer starts the moment the current influencer exits the trance or dies) = This is to stop spamming the trance on everyone they encounter.

2): Can Influence one individual for a max of 5 minutes. = Prevents 035-1 from gaining a literal army and taking over the foundation and managing to stop containment teams.

3): Cannot influence same person twice in one life = Prevents same person from being nabbed.

4): Needs to roll 60+ for lower Security, 70+ for Security command (LT+), 75 for MTF/CI and 95+ for commanders and cannot command Site Administration  = The ability to command someone to do anything you desire is a pretty powerful ability stepping over near the power gaming area and considered that in lore every person in the foundation has a natural high resistance to memetic hazards and those working with SCP-035 would have trained in deflecting this influence it makes sense such a high roll needed is justified (the higher rank/importance the harder to control). Remember, your commanding them to do anything you want besides from the other things I mentioned from shooting people and disobeying their usual rules. Not commanding Administration is to prevent 035-1 from commanding them to activate the nuke, gain access to forbidden areas and commanding the A1 and the entire site (so gameplay reasons). And similar reasons for why the roll is high for Commanders because then 035-1 can command the entire MTF basically. 

5): Influenced personal must remain near SCP-035-1

6): Influenced personal must defend 035-1 under all circumstances = Otherwise it would be impossible for foundation to tell who is influenced and gives them a chance to tell.

7): Cannot influence people through glass (you mentioned this in direct contact but just to classify

8): Cannot influence in groups of people (SCP's don't count) = Prevents 035-1 to running up to a group of containment guys or MTF and pressing their influencing bind.

9): Cannot influence SCPS = Common sense

The above changes should balance it out and stick it away from power gaming. And while I'm still iffy on the subject the above changes would sit well.

Otherwise -Support

Edited by Train Overlord
  • Like 1

Nothing special here, move on.

1 hour ago, Train Overlord said:

------------------------------------------Disagree with/Slight alterations------------------------------------------

2): Can Influence one individual for a max of 5 minutes. = Prevents 035-1 from gaining a literal army and taking over the foundation and managing to stop containment teams.

[1 or 2 individuals max is a good idea, however I think you should be able to influence them for a more prolonged period of time, eg. 15 minutes or indefinitely.]

3): Cannot influence same person twice in one life = Prevents same person from being nabbed.

[I think the only way you should be able to break out of 035's control is via the termination of 035, this means that you would only be able to influence someone once per life even without this rule]

1): Can only use once every 5 Minutes (this timer starts the moment the current influencer exits the trance or dies) = This is to stop spamming the trance on everyone they encounter.

[If 2 people can be influenced at once, the timer should start as soon as he influences someone and I think 5 minutes it a bit harsh, maybe 3?]

4): Needs to roll 60+ for lower Security, 70+ for Security command (LT+), 75 for MTF/CI and 95+ for commanders and cannot command Site Administration  = The ability to command someone to do anything you desire is a pretty powerful ability stepping over near the power gaming area and considered that in lore every person in the foundation has a natural high resistance to memetic hazards and those working with SCP-035 would have trained in deflecting this influence it makes sense such a high roll needed is justified (the higher rank/importance the harder to control). Remember, your commanding them to do anything you want besides from the other things I mentioned from shooting people and disobeying their usual rules. Not commanding Administration is to prevent 035-1 from commanding them to activate the nuke, gain access to forbidden areas and commanding the A1 and the entire site (so gameplay reasons). And similar reasons for why the roll is high for Commanders because then 035-1 can command the entire MTF basically. 

[Some very good points here however, I disagree with this purely due to the fact that important personnel, MTF and CI will ALMOST ALWAYS be in large groups, this means that (if 035 cannot use his influence in groups) the very act of finding a lone MTF/CI/High personnel is EXTREMELY rare, things like this would honestly, in my opinion, contribute to RP as it would encourage further defence of important members of the foundation, also I think that without a level 3+ personnel influenced, your influenced person is barely useful seeing as 035 has a very good swep for self defence and already possesses a level 2 card.]

[Must remain in the same zone (e.g. LCZ, HCZ, EZ), this would let influenced personnel conduct tasks for 035 semi-discretely without it being too difficult, HOWEVER, it means that 035 cannot hide on the other side of the map seeing as that would be much too powerful, keep in mind that 035 only has 300 health and is relatively easily killed, meaning if he is in the same zone as his influenced personnel he is much more vunerable than hiding in a corner on the surface while his influenced MTF runs around causing havoc.]

-------------------------------------------------Agree with-------------------------------------------------

6): Influenced personal must defend 035-1 under all circumstances = Otherwise it would be impossible for foundation to tell who is influenced and gives them a chance to tell. (I think this one is a really really good idea seeing as it gives foundation a way to uncover influenced individuals without being too easy or too hard, perfect)

7): Cannot influence people through glass (you mentioned this in direct contact but just to classify

8): Cannot influence in groups of people (SCP's don't count) = Prevents 035-1 to running up to a group of containment guys or MTF and pressing their influencing bind.

Remember this:

5 hours ago, Patooti Fruity said:

please keep in mind that if this seems to powerful, multiple aspects of this idea could be altered heavily, this is more of a general guideline as to a good direction for SCP 035-1 to go.

all that has been said are only my personal opinions on the SPECIFICS of the mechanic, this mechanic could be heavily altered and changed to be almost nothing similar to what I have suggested. If it is suggested it will likely be altered after implementation if found to be too weak or powerful, and will probably undergo changes during the process.  

Edited by Patooti Fruity
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Patooti Fruity said:

Remember this:

all that has been said are only my personal opinions on the SPECIFICS of the mechanic, this mechanic could be heavily altered and changed to be almost nothing similar to what I have suggested. If it is suggested it will likely be altered after implementation if found to be too weak or powerful, and will probably undergo changes during the process.  

Going back and forth again with some discussion with your alternations 

52 minutes ago, Patooti Fruity said:

------------------------------------------Disagree with/Slight alterations------------------------------------------

[1 or 2 individuals max is a good idea, however I think you should be able to influence them for a more prolonged period of time, eg. 15 minutes or indefinitely.]

I don't have any disagreements at the 1 or 2 individuals max, however the time limit is one I am quite strong in. Mainly, this is how the system works on All SCP's who operate with a unwilling minion to prevent them from being astray for too long. A example of this is how SCP-049-2's die after 5-10 minutes of being infected by 049 and slayed by the server. A prime reason that this is in affect is because hardly any players want to be trapped playing as a Class they don't want to be. Nobody wants to be a zombie for up to a hour until they die or 049 gets contained because that's boring and some people just want to play as the class they chose to be. Forcing them to play as a Class or another ruleset is just cruel to their choice and can deter players. And no one wants to be trapped playing as a 035-1 victim obeying every command and not playing as the class they chose to be. Especially if its for a extended time (anymore then 5) and at worst infinitely.  Otherwise your going to have suicidal Foundation/CI/MTF/D-Class jumping into Acid pits and Angry 035-1's in the staff chat explaining that their minion died. and then both parties are unhappy.

[I think the only way you should be able to break out of 035's control is via the termination of 035, this means that you would only be able to influence someone once per life even without this rule]

See Above thing.

[If 2 people can be influenced at once, the timer should start as soon as he influences someone and I think 5 minutes it a bit harsh, maybe 3?]

Simple reason, if you influence someone and they last for 5 minutes (which is going to happen 99% of the time) by the time they die you can just trace someone else without waiting, AKA the person who worked hard to terminate your boy. Would be unfair. By the 10 minute mark and you get 2 of them, they last for 5 minutes again and they both die you can just rinse and repeat which means any Containment team going after you, would be impossible to contain you (unless they fire) because you can take two of their boys at will.

[Some very good points here however, I disagree with this purely due to the fact that important personnel, MTF and CI will ALMOST ALWAYS be in large groups, this means that (if 035 cannot use his influence in groups) the very act of finding a lone MTF/CI/High personnel is EXTREMELY rare, things like this would honestly, in my opinion, contribute to RP as it would encourage further defence of important members of the foundation, also I think that without a level 3+ personnel influenced, your influenced person is barely useful seeing as 035 has a very good swep for self defence and already possesses a level 2 card.]

A fair point, I change my opinion on this. The only exception is that I change my opinion to only O5 can't be affected and 035 cannot command the nuke to be activated.

[Must remain in the same zone (e.g. LCZ, HCZ, EZ), this would let influenced personnel conduct tasks for 035 semi-discretely without it being too difficult, HOWEVER, it means that 035 cannot hide on the other side of the map seeing as that would be much too powerful, keep in mind that 035 only has 300 health and is relatively easily killed, meaning if he is in the same zone as his influenced personnel he is much more vunerable than hiding in a corner on the surface while his influenced MTF runs around causing havoc.]

This is a difficult area to which I politely stick to my opinion. Mainly because areas such as HCZ, EZ and Surface are Massive surfaces to which 035 has no shortage of places to chill or hide at.

Edited by Train Overlord
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patooti Fruity said:

Thank you for the input, these are all extremely valid points for the development team to consider if they choose to implement this.

Admittedly, I enjoyed that discussion. Thank you for handling it well. Oh, I forgot. My discussion is mainly just brainstorming ideas on how the rules would work out for the process. Im not saying for my support these rules must be implanted word by word but rather the concept of them are or in a similar fashion so it would sit well away from Powergaming and adjust well in the current rules

Edited by Train Overlord
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Train Overlord said:

+Support

6): Influenced personal must defend 035-1 under all circumstances = Otherwise it would be impossible for foundation to tell who is influenced and gives them a chance to tell.

The above changes should balance it out and stick it away from power gaming. And while I'm still iffy on the subject the above changes would sit well.

Otherwise -Support

I agree with above ^

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

On 8/28/2019 at 1:15 AM, Train Overlord said:

+Support

Otherwise -Support

I don’t think 95+ is right for commanders due to some people may abuse this and just kill him I would say 70+ for Everyone 

On 8/27/2019 at 5:15 PM, Train Overlord said:

+Support

Otherwise -Support

Would you think it would just be a (Whoever rolls Higher situation, Not a (You have to roll a specific amount)

Trap.—

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Bor said:

Would you think it would just be a (Whoever rolls Higher situation, Not a (You have to roll a specific amount)

only problem with this is that it would consistently be a 50/50 chance which, in my opinion, is a bit too op. 70+ for example would mean you only have a 30% chance of succeeding, which seeing as how powerful this could be, is a bit more balanced.

5 hours ago, Bor said:

2 hours ago, Patooti Fruity said:

only problem with this is that it would consistently be a 50/50 chance which, in my opinion, is a bit too op. 70+ for example would mean you only have a 30% chance of succeeding, which seeing as how powerful this could be, is a bit more balanced.

Fruity said it perfectly. It's not supposed to be a even playing field.

21 hours ago, Patooti Fruity said:

18 hours ago, Train Overlord said:

Fruity said it perfectly. It's not supposed to be a even playing field.

+ Support

This would bring a great new aspect to 035-1 that falls within lore, and would increase the potential RP value of this SCP.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 8/27/2019 at 3:21 PM, zt4520 said:

Yes this would actually make him a little more interesting for all people that play him and would be great for role-play.

/ Security Captain Monroe / Retired SCP-RP Senior Moderator Monroe /

Hey! It's your local SCP nerd. Used to write a few articles and do meme writings every once in a while. Message me if you want server, grammar, writing, or interpreting help! Also more than open to becoming friends with the community! [ color=Name/Hex]You're Welcome[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Leaning to a -Support

New players would have an extremely hard time understanding this.

I do agree that 035 needs some sort of thing for him, and I would be fine with this, it just needs to be less complicated.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

On 8/27/2019 at 5:15 PM, Train Overlord said:

+Support

Otherwise -Support

Also A1 would be immune as they are in lore

On 8/27/2019 at 8:15 PM, Train Overlord said:

+Support

Otherwise -Support

On 8/27/2019 at 7:26 PM, steppy said:

+Support

This would make people actually want to play 035-1 and get more RP going. Having a cooldown on the influence would be needed. Also rolling over 65 sounds reasonable. If this gets added let's just make sure that the MOTD gets updated explaining how 035's influence works.

spacer.png

On 8/27/2019 at 7:26 PM, steppy said:

+Support