If Possible - Make the Bail Money GO Somewhere! - Denied

Duncan  McOkiner

TL;DR IS THE BOLD PRINT

What you want to see? - As we all know, the cost of bailing someone out is finally a fair price - bailing someone out should mean something to you, instead of spamming bail on every single person in the jail. The cost is $50,000/yr. This means that someone who is put in for the maximum time goes in for $500,000! This is a lot of money taken away from the server. While I agree with the money being taken away, we should (if possible) put bail money in with the money that is distributed to the Government via the Mayor. This allows for government to earn a larger sum of money based on the amount of actual arrests they do, as opposed to gunning everyone down.

Why should we add it? - Government jobs could receive money based on the work they put in, Government officials would be incentivized to arrest as opposed to kill, and criminals would directly pay the government via bail, creating a cycle of finances. 

What are the advantages of having this? - See Above

Who is it mainly for? - Government Jobs

Links to any content - N/A

Would the Bail Money be split up between the whole of the government departments or just the police department.

+Support tho good idea

ExPolicerp Event Team Leader |  ExPolicerp Senior Admin | ExState LT |  ExCERT SGT | PD SM | EXSS ASAIC | Ex EMS Deputy | ExLore Senior Guard MI SHGO Carnor Jax  | EXSenate Commando SGT Taggart 

This is very interesting and can reduce lethal situations. but it has the potential to bring up a different problem, Policing For money. meaning it may cause the potential of unreasonable or unfair jail times because officers want to earn more. other then this that is able to be dealt with/ enforced by staff it is a interesting suggestion and in my view, worth of implementing to experiment

• Like 1

"When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor. " - Elon Musk

2 hours ago, Jbennett1239 said:

Would the Bail Money be split up between the whole of the government departments or just the police department.

+Support tho good idea

All government departments. It would stack up in the same way the taxes do, then the president can choose to release them at any point.

2 hours ago, RubenTheRealMVP said:

This is very interesting and can reduce lethal situations. but it has the potential to bring up a different problem, Policing For money. meaning it may cause the potential of unreasonable or unfair jail times because officers want to earn more. other then this that is able to be dealt with/ enforced by staff it is a interesting suggestion and in my view, worth of implementing to experiment

To combat your point of Policing for Money, I imagine this will actually do a great job of "weeding out" the bad government officials. Government commanders would have to hold their lowers much more responsible for proper jailing procedures and jailing times. That is definitely a fair point, and it was one of the few things that almost stopped me from making this suggestion.

Keep the feedback coming, guys! It's the small changes that add up that can truly make a large impact on the server!

On 8/27/2019 at 2:58 AM, RubenTheRealMVP said:

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

• 4 weeks later...