Replacing OG 173 Model With Weeping Angel Statue - Denied

Peggu with a Gun

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? -  I Would like to see the classic 173 SCP in the server because everyone knows SCP 173 and hes the most known but as you known already his OG Model was copyrighted by the Creator of SCP 173. So my conclusion to this is that we replace the OG Model of 173 with the Weeping Angel Statue. If you know the lore of the Weeping Angel the Weeping Angel is the exact same concept of the 173 and actually 173 Was based off of the Weeping Angel Concept. (I AM FULLY AWARE THIS WOULD NOT BE 100% WITH THE LORE BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE 173 BACK ON THE SERVER.)

Why should we add it? - Well multiple Reasons. 1: We already have the unused cell for 173 that is going to waste. 2: 173 is the most ICONIC SCP there is and if this was added back with the same concept it would Bring more popularity to the server. 3: If this SCP Was added with it being so iconic and loved it would fit perfectly in the SCP Job Pack and with that being more money would be sent to the server for people to get advantage of playing the most iconic SCP as well as this SCP bringing back New Strategies  and Changes to the server for its play style.

What are the advantages of having this? - This was kindof already explained in the last message.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone. I feel the whole server could benefit from this SCP Being added back even if the model would be different the concept is still the same. Even if you arent playing the SCP you will still encounter and rp with this SCP.

Links to any content - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123326329&searchtext=weeping+angel

• Like 1

I can see why this wouldn't be added as it isn't exactly "Lore friendly" or cannon however I can definitely see the appeal, the concept of weeping angels is exactly the same as SCP 173 and all that would be required is a simple model change from the last 173 job, I think most people would understand the link between the two concepts and wouldn't mind it's addition, it would add some new much needed variety and a replacement for an old, iconic and beloved SCP.

I also really like the idea of it being in the SCP job pack seeing as at this current moment the pack has little incentive to be purchased (free money for the server).

Overall I think the fact it isn't strictly cannon can be overlooked by the overwhelming positives of this model replacement.

+support

1 hour ago, steppy said:

-Support

This was already denied. The whole concept of SCP-173 is copyrighted as far as I know and I really wouldn't like this anyways.

It shouldn't be. The original photographer of 173 (Keisuke Yamamaoto) has no say in the concept of 173 itself. His ability to copyright goes as far as the picture and design and that's it because its his picture thus his design. However, 173 itself was made by the Foundation Wiki which information retaining on there is for free use.

Let me explain.

The image of SCP-173 (officially called Untitled 2004) was given to the Wiki by Kato for the purpose of the wiki however, he never released the image by the Creative Commons and because of this he holds copyright privileges to the photo. Those who use the photo or its likeness is able to face legal actions. 

However,

The text on SCP-173 wiki is different. The text of the wiki (so everything about 173) was released in the creative commons BY-SA 3.0 and because of this anyone is able to freely use the concept and information on SCP-173 Provided they do not use the image restricted.

Edited by Train Overlord
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nothing special here, move on.

3 hours ago, Train Overlord said:

It shouldn't be. The original photographer of 173 (Keisuke Yamamaoto) has no say in the concept of 173 itself. His ability to copyright goes as far as the picture and design and that's it because its his picture thus his design. However, 173 itself was made by the Foundation Wiki which information retaining on there is for free use.

Let me explain.

The image of SCP-173 (officially called Untitled 2004) was given to the Wiki by Kato for the purpose of the wiki however, he never released the image by the Creative Commons and because of this he holds copyright privileges to the photo. Those who use the photo or its likeness is able to face legal actions. 

However,

The text on SCP-173 wiki is different. The text of the wiki (so everything about 173) was released in the creative commons BY-SA 3.0 and because of this anyone is able to freely use the concept and information on SCP-173 Provided they do not use the image restricted.

+support He is right the SCP is not the one copyrighting people its the model itself not the concept. the SCP wiki is also having copyright problems with 173's photo and are going to change it very soon

Edited by иглобрюх☭

+Support

It avoids the copyright problem (only the image can be claimed), it gives research another SCP to test on in LCZ (which they need more of), and brings a fan favorite back to the server. 

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

1 hour ago, Knuckles said:

+Support

It avoids the copyright problem (only the image can be claimed), it gives research another SCP to test on in LCZ (which they need more of), and brings a fan favorite back to the server. 

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

1 hour ago, Knuckles said:

+Support

~Charlie

2 hours ago, Patooti Fruity said:

Wait holy shit is that Knuckles from IFN?

Shhhhh that was a long time ago

• Like 1

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

5 hours ago, Knuckles said:

+Support

Please, I love 173 (One of my Fav SCPS TBH) I'm quite sure it was image not the hole idea of 173. No one can copy right the Swep, Or the fact that you have to look at him or you die.

Trap.—

giphy.gif

On 8/27/2019 at 4:03 PM, Gunther said:

Yea, I made that post and it got denied. -Support 

Wait so shouldnt you support this wanting to be a thing since you made a post for it. Just because yours got denied doesn't (over a month ago) doesn't mean mine should so shouldn't you want this and be +'ing it since you want the same thing. I mean this post is all supported except for steppy and you but your denial and negative support makes no sense.

46 minutes ago, Gunther said:

If it weren't for the fact 173 as a whole is copyrighted, I would support it. But it is.

Its not someone just said so.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:07 AM, Knuckles said:

+Support

On 8/26/2019 at 9:12 PM, Train Overlord said:

Let me explain.

However,

Look at all this. Its only the art and image that is claimed.

+ Support 

While this would be possible and almost appreciated as 131 would have a purpose, several attempts at this have been made and denied despite me even offering a model for 173. Try and make something more canon, but not quite with the 173 copyrighted image/model. 

TO CLARIFY, ONLY 173'S LOOK IS COPYRIGHTED. THE IDEA HOWEVER IS NOT. 

/ Security Captain Monroe / Retired SCP-RP Senior Moderator Monroe /

Hey! It's your local SCP nerd. Used to write a few articles and do meme writings every once in a while. Message me if you want server, grammar, writing, or interpreting help! Also more than open to becoming friends with the community! [ color=Name/Hex]You're Welcome[/color]

+ Support

Reason: While this is actually a great idea, and bring a fan favorite back into the server, there are only a few issues, especially with the old blink mechanic, which was really laggy, can cause a lot of issues. Even with the copyright strike, the text from SCP 173 can't be copyrighted, so he is able to join.

Conclusion: We just need a less laggy mechanic, a change of a model, and then I can say bring him back into the server again!

Edited by ASimplePlayer

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

- Support

While I loved having 173 on our server, simply using the crying angel skin would not be lore-friendly, and would break immersion. Unfortunately, I will have to continue to not support this suggestion.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 8/26/2019 at 8:34 PM, steppy said:

-Support

This was already denied. The whole concept of SCP-173 is copyrighted as far as I know and I really wouldn't like this anyways.

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer