Gunther's Forum Diplomat Application

Gunther

In-Game Name: Gunther

Steam Name: [GL] Gunther

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:430475006

Are you a Senior Moderator+? Yes

How many post do you have on the website (150+ REQUIRED)? 171 (At the time of this post)

How often are you online on the forums? I check on the forums once a day, whether its to respond to suggestions or other posts, or to check on the responses for my own posts.

What timezone are you in? EST 

Why would you want to join our Forum Diplomat team (100 Words Minimum)? I want to show SMT I am responsible enough to be move up in the ranks, and I have a lot of free time, which is a great thing because it allows me to hop on the server at any time, or check the forums whenever I want, or need to. I enjoy moderating off server in my free time, its what I used to do on a Non-GL server on Discord. I make it my personal goal to make sure everyone who plays the game to be able to have a great time without other people acting a fool and ruining it for others. I want to enforce the rules in place and handle situations when no one else can, I know I've been in situations, not on the forums per se, when I see someone breaking rules, and there's no one to do anything, I feel helpless and the inner-moderator in me is screaming with annoyance. I like having the power to stop people from breaking rules when I can, but at the same time make the environment a fun place to be in. 

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, how? Yes, obviously if someone is being outright disrespectful or being passive aggressive, then those type of messages are not something we want to see on the forums, and depending on the severity, I will either ban or verbal warn, an example would be like someone calls someone on the forums a jerk, I would just verbally warn them, and be like, "Hey man, don't be disrespectful towards people", however, if someone is like "This person is a ******* ***** etc., then obviously that's a huge diss so a ban would be more suitable. I'm not trying to downgrade or judge what's an insult or what's not at all, but someone lightly dissing like saying they are a jerk, or them saying they are lazy or something doesn't feel like a ban worthy offense. 

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming the shoutbox due to getting banned from one of our servers? Gather evidence by taking screenshots of the person's comments and then deleting the comments, then I would message the user on the forums and let them know something around the lines of, "Hey, I get you are upset but there is a place you should go if you want to appeal your ban, spamming in chat is not going to get your unbanned, in fact, it may turn people away and not want to unban you." Then after that, if you person continues to repeat the spamming behavior, report it to an SMT member and provide the old and new evidence, and allow them to handle it. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

• 2 weeks later...