Kuma's Foundation Doctor Application

Kumandant

Ingame Name:

Kuma

What rank are you applying for:

Foundation Doctor

From a scale of 1-10 how is your knowledge of lore? (Explain):

At the time of writing this, I'd say a 7, and that number will keep growing as I spend more time invested into SCP. I have a decent knowledge on a lot of SCPs, even some obscure ones. As well as Task Forces such as Zeta-9 and Groups Of Interest such as the GOC. Personally, I am not the type of person who would actively seek out grand stories such as SCP-610. But instead, I prefer SCPs that are just dumb fun, like SCP-011.

Why should we allow you to have this position? (At least 300 words):

To put it simply, I am fiercely loyal to research. I spend hours on it. It's what I came to the server for, and it is what I continue playing on the server for. I am known for being a researcher because of the time and care I put into it. This loyalty spawns simply from passion. I love the thought of being a researcher in a secret government facility, and after much searching, GamingLight has been the place that I have decided to settle down in.

I have been managing consistent activity on the UK server, and have often been there to train Research Trainees during these hours. I am capable of maintaining activity on the UK server mainly due to my timezone, MYT. Being completely flipped from EST, I have been getting on when no other Research Command has been able to, and have been using this allocated time to conduct tests, as well as train and empower other researchers around me. This is not to say that I am a saint, far from it. As I said before, I am just passionate. 

I deeply value activity, but I also highly value when people can remind themselves that what we're playing is a video game. After all, if everyone is too serious, no one has fun. Minges enjoy what they do because people take RP too seriously, so an environment where people can just sit around and chat rather than worry about their next promotion, will suck the fun out of trolling. At the end of the day, we're all just are a bunch of losers playing a video game, so why be at each other's throats? That is the philosophy that I like to follow.

I am not going to propose massive physical changes, as we are naturally comfortable avoiding change. Making big changes will not make people want to play as a researcher, it will just alienate them. People play to meet and chat with other people with similar interests. It's the key reason why RP has become so popular. So by pushing such a passive philosophy, it will avoid alienating existing researchers and bring out the RP that we all originally fell in love with.

How would you lead the branch? (At least 100 words): 

Personally, there are 2 ways a branch can be led successfully. 

The first is verbal encouragement. People will naturally respond well to a positive reaction. The best method of intensive is not promotions. Far from it. I believe the best method is just a simple "Good Job". Take the time to look at their test, and give them constructive criticism. Highlight the things they did well so that they do better next time. Personally, this was the reason why I performed tests in the first place. It was not because I wanted a promotion or wanted to kill time. It was simply because I wanted the approval of my higher-ups. A simple "This is very well made" was enough to keep me going, but recently, I felt like this has been lost, and I don't want to see it disappear...

The second method is setting an example. Your subordinates will naturally follow in your footsteps, and a leader must be capable of being someone your subordinates want to strive to be. By getting up, and performing a test, your subordinates will surely also do the same. Even if it's all an act, putting on at least something that could resemble confidence and dedication would be enough encouragement for your subordinates to get up, and do their jobs. After all, when the Captain loses hope, so does his crew.

How active would you be? (Longer the better):

I'm not going to state how active would I be, but instead talk about how active I have been. I have routinely checked into the server on a daily basis, and I regularly pump several hours into the server. I have often even been the only Researcher available on the UK server, and have done my best to avoid Research's absents on the server. My activity resides mostly in the EU server, as it fits most reasonably with my Time Zone, and it is where I will continue showing fierce activity on Research.

+ Support

I don't usually vote on applications but I felt a need to. Kuma has really sticked out to me recently with his activity and knowledge on the server and its regulations in the Research branch which has imprinted my thinking on him.  While I see improvements to him in the future I believe becoming a foundation doctor will allow him to expand even further and become  potentially well respected Doctor and lead the branch well (not saying you already aren't / can't ?)

Edited by Train Overlord

Nothing special here, move on.

On 8/24/2019 at 5:16 PM, KyleTheOne said:

+Support

Mad respect for this man. He was a great division leader for research and seems fit for the role

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...