We need people to read to rules before becoming the SCP - Denied

Ross22222222222

Should we have this?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have this?

• yes
    • no

We have way too many people not knowing what they can or can't do as a  SCP so I advise you to tell them to read the rules of the SCP before becoming it so they have no excuse like "wow I didn't know that" because they didn't read the rules before they became a SCP. 

What you want to see? - When becoming a SCP we would have to agree to the rules that will pop up on the screen.

Why should we add it? - To make lore easier and people understand what they are doing.

What are the advantages of having this? -better lore.

Who is it mainly for? - people who don't know right from wrong on a SCP.

Links to any content - The SCP-RP rules

Edited by Ross22222222222

1. Format

2. How would we enforce/implement this?

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

20 minutes ago, Krafty said:

Please use the format here:

What you want to see? - 

Why should we add it? - 

What are the advantages of having this? -

Who is it mainly for? -

Links to any content - 

If you don't use the format your suggestion will be denied.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

7 hours ago, Official Orange said:

https://gyazo.com/6a3d5449c533c3e390814847bd4d2d6f
When you close the MOTD, you agree to the rules, "I didn't know" can still lead to a punishment.

- support

Bad formatting, impossible to enforce without a 24/7 person, and by the time they can get on the lowest leveled SCP without paying (Plague Doctor at level 15), they should already know the rules in general, and most likely know them for the SCP. 

/ Security Captain Monroe / Retired SCP-RP Senior Moderator Monroe /

Hey! It's your local SCP nerd. Used to write a few articles and do meme writings every once in a while. Message me if you want server, grammar, writing, or interpreting help! Also more than open to becoming friends with the community! [ color=Name/Hex]You're Welcome[/color]

On 8/25/2019 at 12:18 AM, BadAimSam said:

Good to know, no more verbals for SCPs who failRP from me

Ditto. I picked up a zero tolerance on D boi killing D boi and it goes down when I'm around. Now I might do the same for rule breaking SCPs. Ignorance is no defense since they are literally in your face when you join

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

-Support

1. Did not follow the format

2. Impossible to implement

3. Rules are still enforced even if the player has not read the motd.

4. The moment you hit close on the motd you agree to all rules stated in there which includes the rules about the different SCPs

spacer.png

-Support

Reading the server rules should be common sense and we can't know if someone actually read them or not. Like October said, on the very end of the MOTD it states "BY CLICKING, "CLOSE" YOU UNDERSTAND THESE RULES!" so saying "I didn't know" isn't an excuse anyways.

-Support
Reasons: Formatting, can't do it without some staff already on server (which at times is not), and when they join in they are subjected to following the rules when they get off the MOTD page, and staff that are on can handle FailRP SCPs if you do report them.

Conclusion: This does not need to be implemented, and will cause issues if it does. Instead, make the staff's job easier and report any issues you deal with.

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.