How we got to where we are today..

Infected

This is more of a public question

What was your story, what all did you go through in SCPRP to get to where you are now and are you satisfied.

Hello, Most of you may know me as Infected other may know me as O5-5 an here is my story.

I Joined gaminglight in hopes of finding a good server to mess around on and not have to take to serious but I got sucked in, my first few weeks on the server were very... interesting, not like your other SCPrp servers. I've always been interested in the whole "being an SCP and killing people" jig, so when I first joined I didn't want to wait for levels so I bought some, with the levels now purchased I had access to almost every job but I wanted more. Bronze, then silver, then gold, then diamond. I said to myself that I should stop spending money on this server but then I met this new Zealand, goes by the name of Rangiatea (Spire) and he made fun of me because of how the diamond rank was spelt incorrectly at the time. I said "that's it ima buy platinum just because your annoying as hell" and I did. I Slowly started to get bored of the SCP rp and decided to become an Nu7 Juggernaut, back when Tumz was commander he allowed me into Nu7. I didn't go through Gensec I was trained on the spot as a jug. I got into Nu7 and got promoted to PVT Instantly because I knew how to put on my outfit correctly, unlike the others. From then on out I strived for more, I wanted more so I kept pushing. Spending maybe 6--7 hours on the server daily and working my butt off for promotions. As many of you may know I was a mute until I became VCMDR of Nu7; we will get to that in a minute though. As a PVT you just want to pass the others, beat them, do anything to become better than the rest. So I did. I slowly got promoted upto LCPL then CPL and then SGT and so on. After reaching the rank of gunnery SGT, GYNSGT I think it was, I guess site administration saw something in me and they felt I should go up. When I had reached gunnery Nu7 slowly started to die and this was with a good friend named nimo, he was a CPL when I passed him in ranking and I don't think he enjoyed that very much, especially when I stole his VCMDR spot, Muahahah, carrying on. Once I became VCMDR I slowly started to talk, slowly but surely. When I made the ranking of VCMDR I met this dude that went by the name of blackbeard, pretty cool guy. When me and him got into command Nu7 prospered, it was growing. Nu7 VCMDR was easily the most slowest job I had to do I guess you could say, I did little to no work. For some reason after a month or two site administration thought it would be a good idea to move me upto DoC after hoopla resigned from it, idk why, but they did. Once I reached DoC I was caught, no turning back now, so I kept going. DoC had me very, very, busy. People came to me about everything, literally everything. One person asked me who I think was prettier so he could go on a date with on or the other and other members would come to me about suicide feels and depression, which I hated. I really disliked the rank of DoC because it put so much on you. After a good 2-3 months I became the Deputy Site Director, FINALLY, Getting away from DoC! So many people came to me still because we didn't have a DoC yet but that was ok. We had finally got ahold of a DoC and after that I moved up again, I was a big boy. Site Director Infected. After a LONG ass time we had finally chosen Dogz as Deputy Site Director, Blackbeard as DoC, and I think Bread as Nu7 CMDR. This was it, this it when it all goes down. A good solid 4-5 months later I was promoted to O5, yea that's right, O5. Top Dog Amongst the other amazing O5 I stood as a baby not knowing much as what I was able to do but I had the other 4 to sit there and help me learn. Igneous the Shoe stealer (Pretty bad at Rocket League). Jeffe the hentai addict, Kade the raising canes chicken cook, and Th3 the big head bandit. Weird combination but we got along fine.

To answer if I am satisfied, im not sure. But what I am satisfied about is getting to meet all the wonderful people along this amazing journey and how much everything has changed now being with GL for almost a year.

It'd be great to look at all of your stories so please put them below, I hope you enjoyed. Cya! ❤️

• Gaminglight Love 1

Well here's my story

At first I played on a SCP RP server which shut down and me and a couple other dudes from that server wanted to start our own SCP RP server which almost happened but we had  alot of infighting so 3 dudes who had most of the resources left so it never happened. While this was happening I just played as a D class on Gaminglight and said fuck it let's going security for lels. Soon after I escaped as a D class and joined CI and later Nu7. Playing in both branches was awesome at the time and I was pumped as the previous server I played on was super serious as if you talked during tryouts even saying yes sir you would be kicked from it. Soon I started ranking up in both branches spending more and more time on the server. Eventually I was able to get low command in both branches and by that time I had seen many people get promoted,removed, and some who even left the server entirely. Stuff was going great for me and I really enjoyed playing on the server. Eventually things started getting a bit tough for me as Due to me being low command in 2 branches it was really hard for me to manage my time as I had almost no time for myself. I eventually decided to leave CI as I wanted to focus my time on Nu7 as I believed I could get the most out of that branch. Nu7 was great and I was even able to get to the rank of major but around my 1 month anniversary something changed. The server never got boring for me but I wanted to invest my time into other things such as school, sports, and hanging and talking with my friends. I always loved the server and know that the people behind it are great and work really hard but I had to make a decision so I decided to resign from Nu7. If something in my life ever changes or if I ever get more free time in my life I will come back as not only is the gameplay awesome but the people on their are amazing and I already miss so many. But until then ya boi out here chillin. I still talk on the discord servers if anyone ever wanna PM me but ya that's my story of gaminglight.

• Gaminglight Love 1

You're welcome for making you no longer a mute hairline

Edited by 420 Blackbeard™
  • Like 1

Retired Super Admin Blackbeard (SCPRP) | Retired Director of Containment: Blackbeard | Retired Director of Task Forces: Blackbeard | The One and Only Omicron-9 Commander | Retired O5-6 "The American" (SCPRP)

My man. I remember back in the day you were always pressing for my activity in NU 7 (Sorry i didnt get on it i  regret it now ;D) But man have you grown. I always knew you had it in you and will be with you all the way.

Smartest Lad Here ~ Research Supervisor and  EC Commander Kyle

whelp I suppose ill try to tell my story as best I can.

I bought Garry's mod only a few months ago sometime this June or May. the only thing I knew about it was it was popular which was rare since I always did my homework on a game before purchasing it, But this time I neglected to do that and picked up the game while shopping for some other new stuff on steam. I didn't intend to play it much, it was more of a extra on the list I found while looking at some other games. but when they failed to impress I decided to give GM a shot. I first hopped on a StarWars imperial RP server cause I'm a geek about that stuff and joined the ShockTrooper's. it was fun being the law and running around enforcing the rules, but it was also boring since I spent most of my time standing guard in one place or another and the server pop was rather small. so I decided to browse for some other game mode to play on and saw SCP RP. I knew a lot of lore about the foundation but never found any games other than containment breach that involved it. this got me really excited so I joined the server with the highest population at the time. the first hour of the server I spent simply trying to figure out what I could and couldn't do to avoid getting banned, so as a result when I decided to go up the elevator during hands up I got blown to bits predictable. when I saw other players playing as GENSEC I immediately wanted it so I found Security trainee but I was told that the server in question was full already on GENSEC members and I couldn't join. so I left the server and found another (AKA GL) and was trained their. after suffering 3 consecutive DC's cause of my WI-FI I managed to get trained for SO and began my life on the server proper. ill admit I was expecting it to be more like Starwars RP and wonder different hallways and enforcing rules as a member of security, but after getting rushed by a army of D class and Reznov's 30 mins later,  I found out how wrong I was. and I loved it. the following weeks saw my do all the normal things you see a SO do at the time. shoot a bunch of D class, patrol the LCZ, and occasionally get killed by a SCP. After I managed to obtain the rank of LCPL then CPL about a week or two later. I discovered I could train to become MTF and have more access to the facility. So I  immediately set off to find a Nu7 to train me for their branch, and as luck would have it their was one NCO that came on after I spent hours trying to find someone and had about given up. After barely managing to past the test because I neglected to make any preparations beforehand, I started my 2nd life. thus the process repeated itself. me doing what I can to climb the ranks, but unlike last time I acutally met a few people worthwhile. D block doesn't give you a lot of time to talk and socialize with yo fellow GENSEC with d bois trying to escape ever 5 minutes. so with the extra time as a MTF I actually made a few friends. I also encountered many more interesting things as MTF that you don't really see in GENSEC, such as a experimental MTF teams of monkeys with guns. and a crazy god. and of course I will never forget the MTF wide camping trip. the one and only time when CI and MTF enjoyed each others presence without shooting each other. other than that I got nothing else to share. im a SFC in GENSEC and recently a CPL in Nu7 and I intend to get much higher one day. 

• 2 weeks later...

big boy Gensec CPT Got Staff Trial mod (I was so god damn excited) - Mod (Flipped my chair) - (Sen Mod) Flipped my Chair Again Getting yelled at. - Admin) Broke a plastic water bottle in half.Demoted To 2LT, Transferd to E11, Am I satisifed Staff Wise, Yes, RP Wise, Not Quite Yet.....

Trap.—

giphy.gif

I started on the server to minge, I eventually went into gensec because chief trained me when he was on the admin job(horrible training just said close doors behind you) I then got promoted to cpl by helping MTF and SD in a defcon 1 event when he had micro and I was the only gensec. I then went into Nu7 and then joined CI where I met and fell in love with it immediately and met some cool people Catsro, Tony, Orange, Aleks. Climbed the ranks in both branches trained people in CI who are now command (rip chiken the minge) I met my influcencers in the foundations nimo, infected, bb, dae who kept me going in the branch and then I later met fool who was great I then demoted myself so SM in Nu7 on accident by transferring between A1 and Nu7, I made it to MAJ in CI and looking forward to being apart of high command in CI one day. I was reinstated back into Nu7 as 1LT.

Aight I don't approve of this

This is my story. I joined because i got garrys mod for christmas. I then joined Gensec and rose up to SM. I joined staff and left gensec joining E11. I got CPL in E11 and joined A1 and got CPL before leaving. I have now settled on Research and the Technical Branch as low command for Engineers. I am currently a Technical Manager Now

Edited by KyleTheOne

Smartest Lad Here ~ Research Supervisor and  EC Commander Kyle

I was bored af and wanted to minge and found this server after watching countless hours of YouTubers like TheVolgun, and SCPIllustrated, and decided to take the server seriously, had my 3 months of fame/fun and got tf out.

Change da world, my final message

goodb ye

So it was my first day on the server didn't know what my friend and I wanted to get so we simply just joined gensec and then research, but then both of us got bored and went back to D-Class so my friend got off and I continued and got an opening in D-Block to escape with some people I made it all the way to EZ from a CI Infiltrator John (big man I will say). He said that he will be back and I and four other people were hiding in the MTF bunks. Sooner or later John showed up and we ended up escaping with 8 others that he picked up. We ran to CI base and we started screaming at Conner to train us just to find that 912 was on the surface with a ump45 and was just gunning down the D-Class me and this other D-Class ran to docks and were chillin in a container once that was over we went back to conner just to find out that there was 4 of us left. Conner had us do "a game" he mainly just asked questions about SCP's me and the kid I hid with made it to the second round when the kid said, "I think Tony deserves this more than I do" then this man starts punching Conner and gets gunned down. after that, I did the training. My first day I asked Hoopla to put me on the roster since I was trained yesterday and I get promoted to PVT then I go on to work my ass off for the next month while having all of our High Command resign // transfer // or removed it was rough. When I was working my way up I got many opportunities when I hit SGT that is where it showed and working for a Low Command spot was pretty easy then. Hitting Low Command was either the best or the worst thing as it was fun that I got to do what I wanted to do but it was hard to act as a professional as possible not to say we could train anyone since of all of those training blocks. When I hit Captain I was the rank for about 2 days then got COL which was a completely different sight. This is the rank that changed me from a small body to BIG BODY as I took on a lot of things that I didn't think I was gonna do. Throughout the span of a month, I did a lot of things as a Colonel and it reflected in a promotion to Commander and then soon General and have been a member of Chaos Insurgency since January and loved every moment. 

Big Body Tony

spacer.png

Like 5 months ago I joined security and was always on hallway duty no one saw me because of this and even though I was on all day every day, it took around 2 weeks to be promoted to LCPL (coolgamey thx man even though you gone)  then I was promoted to CPL a day later during a weekly meeting. Another day later I was promoted to SGT By rang and after that I shot up. Went from SGT to WO in a week skipping all NCO ranks. After this I was promoted to 2LT since I was a good boy. I went on vacation about a week or 2 later and came back to hear that I had been promoted to CPT. (around beginning of June) then the MAJ race between me, corner, doctor, and Iceman happened and I win after war gamer fake demoted me. Sadly after 2 months of being major I was demoted back to CPT but I stayed and hopefully one day I'll be promoted back.

Edited by Cryolast

I have beat HOS Killaz In minecraft parkour 1v1s any times.

• 2 weeks later...

on February the 7th i joined this community out of complete boredom and from that day this server has brought a lot of joy to me and ever since I have loved it this community is a kind loving community that helps one another and i am extreamly happy to be apart of this great community and the people that help me get to where i am currently which are Orange, Catsro, tony, krug, jakub ,th3, Igneous, blackstone and a lot more I can't remember and ever since I will be apart of this community for a while. ~Harrison

• Like 1

So here I was just chilling in my channel when some nutso cheetah busts into my channel and asks if I wanna try SCP:RP... then bada bing bada boom I come in out of nowhere. Then th3is nerd comes and offers me the rank of Utility Staff Director. (Of course its more detailed then that, but that's the basics)

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

When I had started playing way back in January (8 months ago, god I'm old), I had just gotten into SCP stuff and had been watching a bunch of youtube videos on it. So I hopped on GMod and I found there was an SCP section and found the gaminglight server. I wasn't really sure what was going on, but I shortly joined the GENSEC branch and eventually reached the rank of WO. It was at that time that I decided to get more involved in the server and have a bigger role in the community, which led to me applying to become a staff member. I was accepted and so began my career as a SCP staff member! I've had a lot of fun being a staff member, and feel that I've had a positive influence on the server. I've made a lot of great friendships with staff members and players across the server, and continue to challenge myself by getting more involved in the community. I've been a forum diplomat here for a short time, and currently, am active in the Utility and Research branches.

In terms of am I satisfied with where I'm at here? I'm not sure, it's hard to say! I'm having a lot of fun where I am, though I want to continue to get more involved with the server, continue to rise through the admin ranks and help others have as much fun as I've had on this server. I also hope to continue to serve as a role model to the newer staff members and help with the server's development.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

I joined this server in May just looking to minge around and probably get kicked off, but after awhile I started to have fun and I stayed then I join gensec after 2 or 3 days of being a d boi. I was scared of doing anything wrong and starting over, so I just followed "almost" every order that was given to me, mostly because the orders given was questionable and I didnt want to get in trouble. After being promoted to LCPL I stayed there for about a week or so, then I was promoted to SGT during a meeting, I was hecking happy that I got to be one and then I started to rise up in the NCO ranks until I hit SM,  I was happy being a SM until I decided to apply for WO. I got accepted and I started to rise up in command until I got to 1LT, there I decided to resign, because I couldn't handle the stress being a commander gave me. During this time the utility update came out (the one where janitors became a bit more useful) and I joined janitorial, I was loving it, I was able to minge slightly more than I could have, then I worked my way up the ranks to Head of Janitorial where I'm just happy to be where I am. P.s. Me and my assistant Enuz rolled to see who get to be the Head of janitors and who would be the assistant.

Ex-Ahome Cookie  Chicken Pot Pie is good

• Bread locked this topic