Remove Jumping in Combat - Denied

Icarus

What you want to see? - A rule that dissallows jumping in combat, as it is basically game breaking at this point.

Why should we add it? -  This rule should be added for many reasons, the first, and most important, being that it it literallt game breaking. By jumping/crouch jumping in combat you manipulate the hitbox so badly that shots stop registering consitently, even if the bullet should be hitting the player you are shooting at. You mix that in with the fact that Garrys Mod already has really bad hit reg and it makes fighting people who use that tactic impossible. Its also highly unrealistic. No human being would be able to apply this to combat because its physically impossible. Gunfights should be fought on the ground, period the end.

What are the advantages of having this? - It would make combat much more realistic and enjoyable

Who is it mainly for? - The entire server

Links to any content -  N/A

Retired A1 VCMDR//A1 SF Lead Icarus

-Support

If you want to discuss GMod, realism is not a valid argument in the slightest. I mean come on... numerous classes are bullet sponges and eating sniper shots is a daily occurance. Also, unless you are constantly recording we have no way to enforce this. What constitutes jumping in combat? What if they are jumping to cover? By all means if you want to waste 10 minutes uploading a 30 second video for an admin sit, then getting sent back after a verbal is handed out by all means. This would be the most unenforced rule since the whole "SCPs need to advert when they breach" was a thing. All I see coming out of this is more toxicity in OOC where player A is like "F***ing jumping in combat" or "NICE COMBAT JUMPING (player)," and player B just doesn't respond or makes some equally annoying retort.

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator