comms - Accepted

Jakub

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? -  A set off communication commands that would work like adverts EG. /mtf /e11 /a1 /nu /ci /f and these commands would be job restricted.

Why should we add it? - it would be a better solution to comms seeing as people can use that to metagame.

What are the advantages of having this? - less metagaming, redacted info stays redacted. Not everyone uses /r and not everyone can be in the same radio channel at the same time.

Who is it mainly for? - everyone

Links to any content - addon is done just need to add job names, its less than 1mb

EDIT:uoncadg9.png.210887dfb78aef1758192ca2968b0cf1.png

Edited by Jakub
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

• Manager

+Rep

This can stop metagaming because honestly, people do it a lot, CI and MTF do it. As wel this can stop other MTF from seeing Private E11 Comms.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

@[CS] | Christoffer made this addon today and decided to share it with gaming light only so that it's not out for public use. If you are interested in it message him on discord and he will happily give it to you @Christoffer#0890.he would be happy to make other things for the server in the future too. 

• Like 1

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

This is very good

9 hours ago, VsR ZiEgE said:

+ Support 
IT CAN PREVENT METAGAMING!

*insert emperor palpatine voice* very good

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

10 hours ago, Official Orange said:

+Support 

What about stolen comms?

Let's be honest we already have /r and teamspeak available to use which you can't see as a different job so there won't be much change. Jobs which can spy could be allowed to acces all chats or atleast the lower lvl chats like mtf and foundation. 

Edit: here are the commands/acronyms me and my friend made up, there's only 1 ci command but if you guys suggest more I'm sure it could get done easily. /f(foundation) /mtf /nu7 /E11 /a1 /rr(research) /cmd(command) /hcmd(high command) /ci

Edited by Jakub
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Catsro said:

Droppable comms would be cool for stealing people's comms. If you could make this a thing along with these commands that would be neat.

It would be cool to see, but entities are bugged on this server a lil bit. Kinda like the old 035 mask where when he was cuffed or killed he dropped 2 masks and you could farm the masks by repeatedly cuffing him. My other concern is that stolen comms act like nvg’s (where even if you die or switch jobs you still have them). If a lot of testing goes in it would be fine, but I feel at the moment it’s unneeded. 

15 hours ago, Official Orange said:

+Support 

What about stolen comms?

Encrypted ❤️

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

On 8/18/2019 at 7:08 PM, VsR ZiEgE said:

+ Support 
IT CAN PREVENT METAGAMING!

While there is /r (which is surprisingly, rarely used!) I agree. 

Edit: For HoS+ if we were to implement this, we would need to specifically start adding this to CCs as well. While this addition would be somewhat low priority compared to the addon, without doing this, CCs would be hard/nearly impossible to communicate with/to and prevent METAGAMING. 

Edited by The Diddler

/ Security Captain Monroe / Retired SCP-RP Senior Moderator Monroe /

Hey! It's your local SCP nerd. Used to write a few articles and do meme writings every once in a while. Message me if you want server, grammar, writing, or interpreting help! Also more than open to becoming friends with the community! [ color=Name/Hex]You're Welcome[/color]