John and Smaug Staff Report

ViperKimg

Your In-Game Name: SX BM ViperKing

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:157110347

Staff member's In-Game Name: John Kill and Smaug

What did they do? Smaug was on SWAT, John was on duty. Smaug called John because there was a guy running away in handcuffs. John brought him. I repeatedly said, "no, it's in motd, he can run away." John and Smaug both ignored me and arrested him anyway. (I'm not the one who was recording so that's why it might be confusing.)

Evidence (REQUIRED): 

What do you think is an acceptable punishment? I think they should both be forced to re-read the entire motd. I do it every one to two weeks so it's not that bad. I just want them to not make a mistake like that again. It seemed very unprofessional and the response they gave me especially when I said not to arrest him until I found the rule. It did not seem very staff-worthy.

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

-Support

It's massive FailRP if you are running away in handcuffs when an officer is telling you to go somewhere. I've gotten dozens of staff calls where people don't listen when they aren't dragged by the handcuffs. There isn't anything wrong here, I've dealt with this many times and it's honestly dumb.  Think about it in a real life scenario, you're in a PD and you run away in cuffs at the speed of 1 mph. It was the right thing that John did, next time follow the officers orders.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Willy said:

-Support

It's massive FailRP if you are running away in handcuffs when an officer is telling you to go somewhere. I've gotten dozens of staff calls where people don't listen when they aren't dragged by the handcuffs. There isn't anything wrong here, I've dealt with this many times and it's honestly dumb.  Think about it in a real life scenario, you're in a PD and you run away in cuffs at the speed of 1 mph. It was the right thing that John did, next time follow the officers orders.

Nobody was watching him or had a gun to him as he walked away, they were distracted on me and I believe killer, which stated in the rules it says if distracted you can get away. Edit - Nobody told him to go anywhere he was cuffed then the swat was distracted by the many other dead people as he ran away.

Edited by Kevlar_

Screenshot_13.png

18 minutes ago, Willy said:

-Support

I agree 100%.

• Thanks 1

~ Shadow ~ Azrael ~ Military RP Beginnings Veteran

GL 10 Year Veteran "The Last Remaining Spetsnaz"  Former Wardog Super Admin / Admin MilitaryRP

The guy wasn't running away from the cop while he had a gun. Smaug walked away to deal with other people and Clip walked off. Smaug was distracted. Read the ENTIRE post, please.

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

I advise you guys read the MOTD and learn what failrp is, you guys are just reporting yourself.

• Laughing 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

An issue I am seeing frequently on the forums is that people are so quick to respond to a post with a -/+ support and they dont even read the entire post and watch the video. It CLEARLY states in the motd that if the officer is distracted you CAN try to make an escape. Its simple and its provided in the video. To people -Supporting saying its failrp to run in cuffs, it is if the cop is right there with you, but if they are distracted they can run.

-/+Support

From what I see in the video, John Kill used his powers to bring someone that had escaped in handcuffs. Without acknowledging that they may have been distracted and left him unsupervised. He brought him back. Obviously John Kill is not completely intact with the MOTD, and no one really is. I think this should be a verbal warning I think it was a honest mistake and nothing malicious.

Edited by CrawlingBlackSkin
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, CrawlingBlackSkin said:

An issue I am seeing frequently on the forums is that people are so quick to respond to a post with a -/+ support and they dont even read the entire post and watch the video. It CLEARLY states in the motd that if the officer is distracted you CAN try to make an escape. Its simple and its provided in the video. To people -Supporting saying its failrp to run in cuffs, it is if the cop is right there with you, but if they are distracted they can run.

-/+Support

From what I see in the video, John Kill used his powers to bring someone that had escaped in handcuffs. Without acknowledging that they may have been distracted and left him unsupervised. He brought him back. Obviously John Kill is not completely intact with the MOTD, and no one really is. I think this should be a verbal warning I think it was a honest mistake and nothing malicious.

I agree, you can see we were complying with the cops orders as our family member fled the scene while we distracted them, he was gone before anyone even gave him orders, and as viper said, he doesn't want any punishment, just a re-read of the MOTD.

14 minutes ago, Shmoopy_boop said:

- Support

As per the MOTD: If you are handcuffed, you must comply with the officer. 

Yes, the MOTD does say that, except you left out half of the rule. 

If you are handcuffed, you must comply with the officer. Not doing so can be considered FailRP. If the police officer gets distracted and leaves you alone, you may attempt an escape.

• Like 2

Screenshot_13.png

7 minutes ago, Kevlar_ said:

I agree, you can see we were complying with the cops orders as our family member fled the scene while we distracted them, he was gone before anyone even gave him orders, and as viper said, he doesn't want any punishment, just a re-read of the MOTD.

Yes, the MOTD does say that, except you left out half of the rule. 

If you are handcuffed, you must comply with the officer. Not doing so can be considered FailRP. If the police officer gets distracted and leaves you alone, you may attempt an escape.

Where is the evidence that he left him alone? It is just cut to the part where he calls a sit, there is no evidence that he actually left him unsupervised without an officer. Evidence is vague and the video needs to be much longer of this supposed "distraction"

4 minutes ago, Willy said:

Where is the evidence that he left him alone? It is just cut to the part where he calls a sit, there is no evidence that he actually left him unsupervised without an officer. Evidence is vague and the video needs to be much longer of this supposed "distraction"

In the video, we tell john kill if no cops are with him, he can run, and john kill says "No you still cant run" so they admitted in the video he was unsupervised.

Edit - He admits at 0:12.

Edited by Kevlar_

Screenshot_13.png

2 hours ago, Willy said:

- support

ToxicWolf~ State Police Captain 1H08CERT SM  1CT37 Moderator

-Support 

In the video there is no evidence of him being alone. I see officers with him the entire time? 

Also this report is not necessary at all. You could just say "Hey, that's not right here is the correct rule" not file a whole report for something as little as this. 

Edited by EternityAgar

PoliceRP Manager

4 minutes ago, EternityAgar said:

-Support 

In the video there is no evidence of him being alone. I see officers with him the entire time? 

So this is fine. 

The guy that was alone was never even in the video until he was teleported, as he was escaping because nobody was looking, and for the 3rd time, john says in the video they cant run when the cops aren't looking/are distracted, ADMITTING to the fact that nobody was watching him, whether or not there is evidence of him being alone, he admits to not knowing the rule and saying it is not allowed.

Screenshot_13.png

5 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

-Support 

So this is fine. 

Hes reporting the two staff for not KNOWING they can run away, the video is for proof the two staff dont know this rule, it's not showing what happened, because that's what this is for. The report is for the two staff saying that running away is not allowed in any way, but it is. This goes for everyone. He recorded the two staff saying they DIDNT KNOW that running away from cuffs was allowed. This doesnt show the running away part because there is no need for this.

6 hours ago, Sion said:

-support 

What willy Said. Think you need to read the rules. Not other staff

I suggest you read what I said above, hopefully that will help clear this report up a bit

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 2

All staff in this report need to read the rules, When someone is in cuffs and an officer is giving commands they must comply however if the officer gets distracted the person in cuffs can try make a run for it.

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

10 minutes ago, Gaztoof said:

+support, i never fucking seen a single +support in staff reports and i wonder why

Maybe because nothing was done wrong?

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

-support no proof that swat was distracted  

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

-SUPPORT

Walking away in cuffs is so bad lol. If you're surrounded, and attempt to walk away while in cuffs? That's FailRP. Just as Willy said, I have had several calls involving this. You should be reading the rules, not them. For someone who supposedly reads the MOTD so often, you messed up on this one bud. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

4 hours ago, Hannah King said:

-support no proof that swat was distracted  

1 hour ago, Voxis said:

-SUPPORT

Walking away in cuffs is so bad lol. If you're surrounded, and attempt to walk away while in cuffs? That's FailRP. Just as Willy said, I have had several calls involving this. You should be reading the rules, not them. For someone who supposedly reads the MOTD so often, you messed up on this one bud. 

On 8/17/2019 at 7:37 AM, [GL] My Pet named Steve said:

Hes reporting the two staff for not KNOWING they can run away, the video is for proof the two staff dont know this rule, it's not showing what happened, because that's what this is for. The report is for the two staff saying that running away is not allowed in any way, but it is. This goes for everyone. He recorded the two staff saying they DIDNT KNOW that running away from cuffs was allowed. This doesnt show the running away part because there is no need for this.

I suggest you read what I said above, hopefully that will help clear this report up a bit

Screenshot_13.png

• Fame locked this topic