EU Server Equality - Accepted

Jakub

First of all ima just state something, I'm infuriated by the little effort most people have put in towards the EU expansion.

What you want to see? - I would like to see a more friendly schedule for EU players. I want there to be separate meetings or all meetings to be Much earlier than they are now.

Why should we add it? - I want to make it to the staff meeting, MTF meeting and the Gensec meeting but at the moment this just doesn't seem possible for me. Most people old or young won't be waiting till 1am for a RP meeting that's going to ruin their sleep schedule. During the summer and other holidays I'm fine being hooked on sugar and caffeine whilst going to sleep at 4/5am but school is starting and if you want the EU server to work out your going to have to treat it like an EU server and give it the care it needs.

What are the advantages of having this? -
EU server will be much more lively and have more a realistic/sensible time schedule for the EU players which the server was made for.

Who is it mainly for? - Any EU player that wants take the server more seriously.

Links to any content - not needed

Be realistic, You can't expand to EU if you aren't willing to adjust

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+Support

We need make sure that if we are going to change meeting times, the word spreads like wildfire. A lot of people only have access to GamingLight for a small couple times a week, and this may lead to confusion and possible strikes that can be avoided.

I don't think changing meeting times is a good idea, but instead make a separate EU meeting time 

+support for separate meetings

Edited by Rangiatea

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

4 hours ago, steppy said:

We need to get more EU players first. After we get some good & active EU command, this should be done.

1 hour ago, Arium said:

I agree with steppy, the EU player base needs to grow first. We shouldn't change the time of the meetings when like 90% of the people at the meetings are NA.

We have 0 EU HC, and barely any EU low command

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arium said:

I agree with steppy, the EU player base needs to grow first. We shouldn't change the time of the meetings when like 90% of the people at the meetings are NA.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

Although I am not EU I agree with this suggestion.

I reside in AEST and meetings begin in the early morning for Staff and MTF so I have never made it. The only time I could is if its a weekend but even then these meetings are planned on weekdays. I understand the majority of player base is US and its hard enough with the basically zero high command (MTF) on this time preventing progression but if I could at lest make meetings that would be great.

Edited by Train Overlord

Nothing special here, move on.

46 minutes ago, Jeffe said:

We have 0 EU HC, and barely any EU low command

+/-support, there would be too little of a turnup, however the few EU players we have rn are greatly inconvenienced by our current setup. Im all for a test meeting though!

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

-Support, Most of the GL composes of NA players. Meeting times that have been set are voted most convenient for the biggest population that is NA. As I see it GL should keep NA players its number 1 priority...

Edited by ????? ??

2 minutes ago, ????? ?? said:

-Support, Most of the GL composes of NA players. Meeting times that have been set are voted most convenient for the biggest population that is NA. As I see it GL should keep NA players its number 1 priority 

We don't need to change or edit the existing meetings. We can make multiple meetings for other timezones.

2 minutes ago, Train Overlord said:

We don't need to change or edit the existing meetings. We can make multiple meetings for other timezones.

I understand now... But still, there is almost no EU high command and if there was it would make it difficult for the NA players to get in touch with them...

An example would be EMS on PoliceRP… We have an EU Chief (sorry alex :3) that never makes it to meetings because its 4am where he is whilst its 1-4pm here in the states..

4 minutes ago, ????? ?? said:

I understand now... But still, there is almost no EU high command and if there was it would make it difficult for the NA players to get in touch with them...

Well, a simple shared google document on the meeting agenda should be simple. Being high command the EU person should have consistent contact with the rest of high command anyway so getting in touch shouldn't be all that difficult. All it takes is a simple discord 'send' button.

Edited by Train Overlord

Hello Jakub,

The biggest issue that a lot of people have already highlighted is the need for command figures, specifically high command. It doesn’t matter if we decide to set up meetings for EU, if we have no leadership over there to supervise. I know I pushed hard to start getting command over there but the people I did get pulled out. It’s also important to note that while yes we can communicate with discord, timezone differences may delay responses considerably and that while both servers should operate under the same SOPs for their respective branches, like everything in life, what is problems on EU may not be an issue on US. This changes from week to week too. The kind of coordination needed here is the stuff that corporate-level companies manage and with many of our people beginning school, college and possibly busy work lives is not working out too well.

The only real solution I can think of would be to find EU players willing to take on high command responsibilities. Because you need people to supervise the command who supervise the NCO and enlisted. This may mean opening high command applications to people completely new to the server. But I don’t think making multiple meetings is going to work very well with how the servers are at the moment.

Another idea may be to treat the EU server as it’s own that is part of Gaminglight (Aka, EU manager, EU staff, etc.)

+\- Support, I’m not against doing this, I just don’t think it’s going to change much. 

Edited by Matricies

+/- Support

Now above Matricies made a good point about separating the servers but that would still take some time, I would add onto this suggestion by saying for the time being we maybe have meetings recordings for GenSec. This keeps tracks of meetings and allows others to listen when they did not attend. Now this doesn't make meetings any less important to attend but having the recording to reflect on might bring up points in the next meeting if things haven't been changed.

ImperialRPSenior Moderator - Game Master - Naval CaptainInquisitor Lord IV - Emperor's Wrath69th Division Vice Commander Medical Droid [R4-854]

Imperial.png.4dd01da1de2342578663ea904a7b151b.png

@Matricies I dont disagree with you but just want to mention there already are eu command players such as myself in e11(hc) , steppy in a1(just under hc) , James dark in research(lc) and all we are missing is some security, nu7 and ci command for eu which could be found within a month if you guys focused a bit more on eu for a bit.

For clarification, most eu meetings would only happen around 3hrs earlier which would mean instead of having to show up in the middle of the night we could show up in the evening. And with time this delay could increase to a reasonable time. 

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

13 hours ago, Rangiatea said:

I don't think changing meeting times is a good idea, but instead make a separate EU meeting time 

+support for separate meetings

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

Accepted! Please allow up to a week for any suggestions you have requested to be added in game or on the forums.

We're working on getting EU High Command, which in turn will help with meeting times and all other things spoken about.

big cat running GIF