Ban Appeal (FOR MY FRIEND)

Flipped

Steam Name: I_Smack_Women

Ingame Name: Dumpy JeanLuc Saint Ferrari

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:119760892

Ban Length: Perm (Banned on 7/09/17)

Admin that Banned you: ARU Commissioner Valkyrie CO19

Reason for Ban: Att.MassRDM/StaffDis

Dispute: (I am not the banned player, this is for my friend as the title states)

He was banned over 2 years ago at this point and it was for attempted mass RDM and staff diss, He doesn't remember why he was banned for mass rdm but he does remember called the staff member a dumbass for the situation at hand of why he was getting banned for MassRDM. He apologizes for his actions and wishes to give the server another try as he didn't really get to try it out fully. At this time he was still fairly new to GMOD and didn't have a grasp of the game. Being over 2 years later we were looking around at servers and saw this one but were disappointed at seeing he was banned for something he barley remembers happening as it was so long ago. I am making this appeal for him because he has zero idea how to link steam accounts to forums like this and honestly just plays the game and never really worries about making posts or appeals. But as i said he just wishes to have another shot at playing on this server. I tried it the other day and i had some fun in the 30-45 minutes i was on until i got off because i wasn't able to play with my friend. Thank you for reading and have a good day.

18 hours ago, Charlie said:

+Support

It has been a while

Deserves a Second Chance

~ Shadow ~ Azrael ~ Military RP Beginnings Veteran

GL 10 Year Veteran "The Last Remaining Spetsnaz"  Former Wardog Super Admin / Admin MilitaryRP

-Support

You didn't do anything wrong, he did. He should be writing and giving an effort for the appeal, you did all the work while he sat back and watched you write it. I strongly urge you to tell him to write his own appeal, it'll show that he cares about the community.

1 hour ago, Willy said:

-Support

You didn't do anything wrong, he did. He should be writing and giving an effort for the appeal, you did all the work while he sat back and watched you write it. I strongly urge you to tell him to write his own appeal, it'll show that he cares about the community.

"When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor. " - Elon Musk

This seems very suspicious, you say your his friend and you play Gaminglight. This is your first post, and your account was created at the time this was posted. If SMT could look a bit closer into this to see if this could be a alt account. If it isnt, then I would agree with them. Im a bit new to the community and from what I see here, second chances are always welcome to long term bans and people who seem sincere.

Edited by CrawlingBlackSkin

3 hours ago, Willy said:

-Support

Make him do it not you

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

4 hours ago, Willy said:

-Support

I feel like this is an alt account to be entirely honest. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

51 minutes ago, Voxis said:

I feel like this is an alt account to be entirely honest. 

1 hour ago, Freeze said:

Make him do it not you

4 hours ago, CrawlingBlackSkin said:

This seems very suspicious, you say your his friend and you play Gaminglight. This is your first post, and your account was created at the time this was posted. If SMT could look a bit closer into this to see if this could be a alt account. If it isnt, then I would agree with them. Im a bit new to the community and from what I see here, second chances are always welcome to long term bans and people who seem sincere.

5 hours ago, Willy said:

-Support

You guys are speculating. Are we all forgetting the fact that the subject is most likely banned from the forums? 
So what? His friend might not even play on GL and made an account to post this for him which is fine! Let's not use the Narrative of "guilty until proven innocent" 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ Support 
I believe after 2 years you had the time to change your ways
I also believe in Second Chances 

• Like 1

Cole Sladvak // ColeSoft Grey

| PoliceRP | Senior Moderator | SRT Supervisor Police Lieutenant |

Retired FBI Command of 3 Years - Deputy Director | Retired S.W.A.T Command | Thought up SS and created HRT Former UMC

8 Year GL Veteran | 7 Year PoliceRP LEO | | PoliceRP Staff of 4 years |

- Support
your friend should be doing it, not you
and if he is banned from the forums then obviously he did something wrong enough for staff to not wan't him to appeal it. Getting a friend to do it could technically be bypassing.

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

16 minutes ago, ColeSoft Grey said:

You guys are speculating. Are we all forgetting the fact that the subject is most likely banned from the forums? 
So what? His friend might not even play on GL and made an account to post this for him which is fine! Let's not use the Narrative of "guilty until proven innocent

This is true, most likely valk banned his friends forums account, and maybe his friend wrote the entire thing out and he changed a few words, or even this could be a surprise gift for his friend, who cares that he is wrighting it and not the guy who was banned.

2 minutes ago, PhenixBoy300 said:

This is true, most likely valk banned his friends forums account, and maybe his friend wrote the entire thing out and he changed a few words, or even this could be a surprise gift for his friend, who cares that he is wrighting it and not the guy who was banned.

But why have his friend do it instead of making another account? 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

Just now, Voxis said:

But why have his friend do it instead of making another account? 

Because you can't make another account if your original is banned. You can get blacklisted from doing that 

Cole Sladvak // ColeSoft Grey

| PoliceRP | Senior Moderator | SRT Supervisor Police Lieutenant |

Retired FBI Command of 3 Years - Deputy Director | Retired S.W.A.T Command | Thought up SS and created HRT Former UMC

8 Year GL Veteran | 7 Year PoliceRP LEO | | PoliceRP Staff of 4 years |

Or both. 

37 minutes ago, PhenixBoy300 said:

On 8/13/2019 at 8:20 PM, Charlie said:

+Support

It has been a while

Deserves a Second Chance

edit: can I get your Ingame name? See if I recognize you?

Imperial RP GM Admin

31st Commander

22 hours ago, ColeSoft Grey said:

So what? His friend might not even play on GL and made an account to post this for him which is fine! Let's not use the Narrative of "guilty until proven innocent" 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+ Support 
I believe after 2 years you had the time to change your ways
I also believe in Second Chances 

This isnt a court of law. This isnt a prosecution. This is not happening infront of a jury. This not happening within the right of due process of law. A private company owns this server and anyone on the server does not necessarily in this situation be entitled to due process of law during a ban appeal, nor do they get access to the narrative "innocent until proven guilty". During a ban appeal, players must give their opinions, weather it be speculation, we need these kind of posts to bring the attention of our suspicions to SMT, they make the final decision. I also stated if it was not a alt account, its a +Support from me.

On 8/14/2019 at 12:41 PM, Willy said:

-Support

ToxicWolf~ State Police Captain 1H08CERT SM  1CT37 Moderator

On 8/14/2019 at 8:41 PM, Willy said:

-Support

How do you know his forms account wasn't banned as well?

Ex. Dep Comm