New Crafting System For D class - Denied

Reznov

What you want to see? - A new crafting and component system to replace mining and also fix the salary issue. Many players after mining was removed have no way of making any actual in game money. Before you could mine platinum and sell it to the ore buyer for money however now that its gone the only way is to wait for salaries. Many salaries are way to low to provide any usable income. The only jobs that actively use the money they have is D class. Buying weapons from armory obviously. Not many others ( MTF, Gensec ) use the money they have due to them spawning with all the weapons they need. The components that go along with the crafting table could be randomly spawned around the large empty areas of d block and also add a use for the showers. Certain components could only spawn in showers say like Shower heads, pipes, nails. The cafeteria could spawn blades, knife handles, zip ties. Then the large areas around d block could spawn basic things like duct tape, glue. This could include guns however the components would be very rare like springs, metal scrap, cloth.. A few weapons the could be craftable are the cleaver, Molotov, Knife, F U B A R, Fire axe, Machete, Spade, glock, P250, raging bull scoped. Now this may sound broken if the components are not spawned right. The gun components would have to be the rarest obviously, like a 5% drop chance. On top of this new crafting table a component buyer and or dealer should be available next to the table. Like the ore buyer you could sell your components for money. This would let players have another reason to be active to farm components for money. This would of course require some sort of inventory system sorta like on star wars RP when you get the different sabers and crystals. I can link a inventory system to this post as well if needed.  Max of like 5 compents could be dropped at any given time so there arent piles of them clogging up the server. And once one is picked up another is spawned somewhere else.

Why should we add it? - Give the players of the server some other way of making money either then trying to sneak in AFK on SCP jobs. This would also stop people from asking mining to be brought back as its a whole new system. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Improve quality of life on the server over all. Increases d class happiness. D class would be focused on gathering components instead of constantly charging the elevator. The system isnt high quality or dense so it wouldn't cause mass lag or drop peoples frames. The UI for it is very simple and easy to manage and is customizable. 

Who is it mainly for? - D class but gives all players a outlet for making money other then AFKing. 

Links to any content - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1793133869&searchtext=

Edited by BuckBe

Founder of Reznov

+support 
if it stops riots it will calm dclass down letting research take them for testing and give security a bit of a break between riots and mtf can have one more thing to not deal with. also certain components could be bought with real money for some extra revenue for the server.

1 hour ago, Fear said:

+support 
if it stops riots it will calm dclass down letting research take them for testing and give security a bit of a break between riots and mtf can have one more thing to not deal with. also certain components could be bought with real money for some extra revenue for the server.

anything to make dclass feel better to play or to give them something to do gets my support

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

Ight this is where I want to stop you bruh 

2 hours ago, BuckBe said:

have no way of making any actual in game money. Before you could mine platinum and sell it to the ore buyer for money however now that its gone the only way is to wait for salaries. 

It isn't that hard to make money and having money for armory purposes is nice but not needed for a "good" experience on the server. If you play enough on the server you are bound to make money that and it isn't hard to make a money-making method on the server.

2 hours ago, BuckBe said:

The only jobs that actively use the money they have is D class. Buying weapons from armory obviously. Not many others ( MTF, Gensec ) use the money they have due to them spawning with all the weapons they need.

From my experience in MTF I bought most of my weapons as I didn't like what I spawned in with. CI uses the armory quite a bit. D Class arent really suppose to be getting weapons in the first place as I said in the suggestion about having more events in D-Block getting weapons/parts for weapons would be close to impossible lore-wise. 

-Support

Big Body Tony

spacer.png

Great addition, I think it would be cool if we got to use /drop on Weapons we bought or crafted it would be even better (this is easily possible) 

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+support especially when a crafting system was mentioned it sounds very lore wise acceptable as well as fun

On 8/13/2019 at 12:01 PM, BuckBe said:

. Certain components could only spawn in showers say like Shower heads, pipes, nails. The cafeteria could spawn blades, knife handles, zip ties. Then the large areas around d block could spawn basic things like duct tape, glue. This could include guns however the components would be very rare like springs, metal scrap, cloth..

+Support on the idea component and selling them idea. 

Huge -Support on the weapons you listed that are craftable. No D-Class needs access to Fubars, or Raging Bulls.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+support Yes just yes

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

+1 nezrov likes

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

On 8/15/2019 at 3:44 PM, Gunther said:

+Support on the idea component and selling them idea. 

Huge -Support on the weapons you listed that are craftable. No D-Class needs access to Fubars, or Raging Bulls.

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia