Carpenter's Suggestion - Denied

Carpenter John

Please note, before reading this, this is indeed a contraversial topic on SCP-RP. Keep the comments productive.

What you want to see? - All D Class Custom Classes have their spawns moved to the surface. Maybe instead, any D Class custom classes that spawn with a gun must spawn on the surface.

Why should we add it? - Security, and more importantly, Research, has taken a major hit due to the mass amounts of riots and to some degree, "OP" D Class custom classes. With the NLR timer being almost non-existent and the heavy weaponry they spawn with, it does not follow lore or RP. The important thing to note is it is not mean't to be fair for D Class. They are prisoners, and escaping is mean't to be almost impossible. It is High risk, high reward. In my opinion, moderation of these custom classes is necessary due to ensure everything remains balanced for both people who do and don't pay money. Many people find it infuriating as to how difficult it is to handle these custom classes, combined with the number of D Class. It is tiring for many people.

What are the advantages of having this? - Research and Security have more chances to RP. Overall, I believe it would help with RP and D Block in general.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone. Custom Class Owners mainly.

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by Carpenter John

+Support: Its hard for research to do tests when its constantly defcon 3 cause D class release SCPs, This could also benefit normal D class who wants to be tested on

and not get shot all day.

Retired A1 Commander Krug, Retired Admiral Versio, Former E11 MAJ, Former RRH

+ SUPPORT!!!
-D class have to follow barely any rule because they have the least amount of equipment compared to anything else so it isn't fair that they can simply get very powerful weapons that allows them to overpower gensec and allow the d class to ammass in numbers causing mass breaches very quickly

1 minute ago, LuckyDudeFive said:

+ SUPPORT!!!
-D class have to follow barely any rule because they have the least amount of equipment compared to anything else so it isn't fair that they can simply get very powerful weapons that allows them to overpower gensec and allow the d class to ammass in numbers causing mass breaches very quickly

Its been too long for something not to be said about this.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

- Support 

D class CCs dont spawn with heavy weaponry, literally only a light SMG and pistol is allowed. We also dont constantly riot, we host D class RP mini games. Like gambling and fight clubs. Even so, D class CCs are not the source of riots, its PLAYER CHOICE to riot. I have received 0 complaints from gen sec about hating riots. Gen sec love riots its their JOB to stop them. Research has plenty of d class willing to be tested on however the vast majority dont want to wait in line for 30+ minutes waiting for one. Maybe if JRs had a bit more freedom with testing it would encourage more of it. 

Molotov is literally more for RP then damage, The sniper does the least amount of DMG in its class and has a single round mag, and the SMG is the Glock 18 which is just a auto pistol with insane recoil.

On top of this, there are extremely powerful gen sec and MTF CCs constantly in or around d block which can almost 1 shot us not to mention other d class.

Edited by BuckBe

Founder of Reznov

1 minute ago, BuckBe said:

- Support 

D class CCs dont spawn with heavy weaponry, literally only a light SMG and pistol is allowed. We also dont constantly riot, we host D class RP mini games. Like gambling and fight clubs. Even so, D class CCs are not the source of riots, its PLAYER CHOICE to riot. I have received 0 complaints from gen sec about hating riots. Gen sec love riots its their JOB to stop them. Research has plenty of d class willing to be tested on however the vast majority dont want to wait in line for 30+ minutes waiting for one. Maybe if JRs had a bit more freedom with testing it would encourage more of it. 

You spawn with a sniper rifle, a SMG and a molotov. Along with 100 armor and health. And an automatic pistol.

Edited by Carpenter John

-Support

Everything on the Custom Class has been accepted by Senior Management+ as non heavy weaponry, otherwise our updates wouldn't be accepted. I trust that SMT will deny this suggestion as everything on class D custom classes is within the limits they have set.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

- support 

The point of a D-Class cc is to be D-Class, they are also not as powerful as everyone thinks they are, and yes... their a strong class, the ONLY one for D-Class, however, yes they might be strong but the point of a D-Class cc is to help D-Class since escaping is hard and you guys nerfed the one-shot melees (or are trying) so yes, their gonna use range then if they can't use a melee to be the strongest of D-Class. Also, they have put plenty of money to make the class a tank/leader for D-Class and just to have fun every now and then (like every other cc). Lastly, if you shove them onto the surface they will then get the max armor/health, have stronger weapons, and become practically a CI cc, then which MTF would complain about since the amazing support for that class will no doubt give them strong items. This is unlogical and if this is able to be done then you might as well remove D-Class cc's, which isn't an option because once again a LOT of money was put into this cc just like the other "op" cc's, sorry but even as a GenSec SO I've killed a reznov and held D-Block so I don't see the problem. If you want to limit their weapon selection logically (keyword there) then do so, but people spend real money on this and forcing a change like that is ruining what they spent money on it for. Especially to a class that's been limited plenty enough. Five is also a lot less than the 30 D-Class that rush and which half are either RDMing or AFK, if there aren't enough GenSec then we could flag

Edited by ?⸸??

insert cliched signature 

+Support

The CC I understand should be powerful because he has people basically following him to death, however if ANY Reznov reaches the surface they are no longer in the facility therefore they should not be played in D-Block anymore because they escaped so it should be CI if all of them escaped which I know at least half have and I am sure over the periods they have been in game all of the Reznov's have escaped at one point or another.

ImperialRPSenior Moderator - Game Master - Naval CaptainInquisitor Lord IV - Emperor's Wrath69th Division Vice Commander Medical Droid [R4-854]

Imperial.png.4dd01da1de2342578663ea904a7b151b.png

Just now, Slade said:

+Support

The CC I understand should be powerful because he has people basically following him to death, however if ANY Reznov reaches the surface they are no longer in the facility therefore they should not be played in D-Block anymore because they escaped so it should be CI if all of them escaped which I know at least half have and I am sure over the periods they have been in game all of the Reznov's have escaped at one point or another.

you guys got to understand you got Molotov's in d block is powerful against gensec like the entire CC is broken and i don't know what else to say

38 minutes ago, steppy said:

+Support

I would like this but it was already quickly denied some time ago when I suggested it.

Edited by Gamer6

Loves Corners, Corner. Corner. 

Former Imperial Commandos VCMDR Fixer 

8 minutes ago, Official Orange said:

-Support

It takes the fun out of the owners / co-owners time, they paid for it to spawn in d block and I think it would be a little unfair just to force them to spawn at surface making the class just useless to most people.

well its also taking out the fun out of gensec when they are constantly throwing molotovs and running in with their glocks and entirely killing gensec in d block.

- Support.

For one. It’s not fair for people who spend money on the class.

but also for two.

Not to diss Gensec, but y’all just need to learn to keep distance, communicate and learn to do more strategy. Literally you guys have a big advantage of space and numbers. Most them don’t even have guns!

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

1 minute ago, Skela said:

- Support.

For one. It’s not fair for people who spend money on the class.

but also for two.

Not to diss Gensec, but y’all just need to learn to keep distance, communicate and learn to do more strategy. Literally you guys have a big advantage of space and numbers. Most them don’t even have guns!

Yes we know they spent money on it, but as I explained since the class is basically the most powerful out of all of them right now and is also the most used there needs to be a better way of handling them. My suggestion was if one escaped they should no longer appear in D-Block. To bring up your point about GenSec we are 99% outnumbered so the guns argument is invalid. Strategy is hard to communicate with enlisted who have only been through basic training and that is why Boris and Krafty are introducing more training's for GenSec to get us in a better place with our men having strategy.

ImperialRPSenior Moderator - Game Master - Naval CaptainInquisitor Lord IV - Emperor's Wrath69th Division Vice Commander Medical Droid [R4-854]

Imperial.png.4dd01da1de2342578663ea904a7b151b.png

2 hours ago, Slade said:

Yes we know they spent money on it, but as I explained since the class is basically the most powerful out of all of them right now and is also the most used there needs to be a better way of handling them. My suggestion was if one escaped they should no longer appear in D-Block. To bring up your point about GenSec we are 99% outnumbered so the guns argument is invalid. Strategy is hard to communicate with enlisted who have only been through basic training and that is why Boris and Krafty are introducing more training's for GenSec to get us in a better place with our men having strategy.

Rarely these days are gen sec outnumbered and if you are you call for MTF support. From my experience 1 MTF = 3 gen sec in terms of fire power and armor/HP so no the gun argument is not invalid. A gun can mow down 10 people if you can land your shots. Now if you miss them and he gets up in your face well now you have a issue. 

Founder of Reznov

-support 

Now I'm not going to say the "they paid for it" argument because I think it's not really valid as things have already been changed that they paid for.

Now from what I understand they have a molly and a glock 18 

the molly will force you out of your current position but to be honest it's not that big of a problem just have a backup plan ready. And as said the glock 18 has a lot of recoil 

Yes these classes are a problem for GENSEC and I was around when D class only had fists, it was pretty boring to be GENSEC unless you got assigned to patrol, are the riots fun if they happen constantly? No. Would it be fun if you remove the only class that CAN break though without 10+ all at once? No. 

4 hours ago, BuckBe said:

Maybe if JRs had a bit more freedom with testing it would encourage more of it. 

I actually upped their limits to any LCZ SCP

I would say find something to help restrict riots more that isn't removing a CC from D block 

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

4 hours ago, Carpenter John said:

You spawn with a sniper rifle, a SMG and a molotov. Along with 100 armor and health. And an automatic pistol.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Heavy V D CLASS WHO WILL WIN (Heavy puts full mag into D class) D class Puts 2 Clips of Mini SMG, D CLASS WINS.

-Support

Just use a negev Thats what I do,, And it works.

Edited by Bor

Trap.—

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Rangiatea said:

I would say find something to help restrict riots more that isn't removing a CC from D block 

Good idea. We really should be working on more ways to keep class D entertained outside of a chess set, and experimenting.

a while back gunther made a parkour course surrounding the tower, maybe that could be made to look less out of place, and have a teleport zone setup at the top that brings them back to the bottom and gives them xp?

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

- support lets be honest here from personal experience here I've come to realize people need more target practice not D blocks fault they can't aim even then most of the time i'm on when reznovs are on it takes at least 4-5 attempts just to get one successful riot off just to be gunned down by a single MTF