Internal Security Department - Denied

Icarus

What you want to see? - I would like to see the addition of a small, sort of elite Branch within the server. This branch is known as the Internal Security Department. It is 100% lore friendly ( as according to the official wiki, http://www.scp-wiki.net/list-of-foundation-s-internal-departments ), and can be used for a multitude of things that will be explained below. 

Why should we add it? - The Internal Security Department should be added as it will bring a new factor into the server. The main purpose of the ISD is to weed our potential traitors and potential security risks within Foundation personnel. It would give people a new goal to strive towards, and give some incentive to reduce mingy behavior since potential ISD agents have to have a perfectly clean service record. 

What are the advantages of having this? - There are many advantages to having this.

1. As stated above it gives people a new goal to strive towards, and gives something new and fresh to the server.

2. It will help to reduce overall mingy behavior. First of all people who want to become ISD won’t want to minge because they want to keep their record clean, and two, nobody knows who around them could be in the ISD. That adds a little element that people need to watch what they say and do because they should be afraid of ISD. 

3. Class additions are not even needed. It could really go either way. ISD classes could be added as a secondary thing to flag up to when they go 100% incognito, however they don’t need these classes to be added. ISD agents retain their original position within the facility so they may report to the overseer their findings about their branch. 

4. They have event capability. The RP that they bring to the server would also bring multiple different potential events to the server. (I can explain to the event team more in depth if they’d like.)

Who is it mainly for? - This would mainly be for anyone aligning with the foundation. Members of Research, GenSec, Utility, and Mobile Task Forces could all be potential Candidates for ISD. The point is that they have agents within every branch so they can ensure that the information within the security, as well as the personnel, don’t get compromised. The only classes that wouldn’t be eligible to become ISD are Class-D, and Chaos Insurgency. 

Links to any content - http://www.scp-wiki.net/list-of-foundation-s-internal-departments

Retired A1 VCMDR//A1 SF Lead Icarus

-support this is a cool idea but too much work would be put into it when it can die out fast and the time/effort of our management team is not worth it because their time is valuable. You would have the add in jobs for them to be even relevant to the server like more undercover agents. The only job they would have to do is terminate anyone who mentions redacted information and stalk maynard which would cause failRP if they just tail around maynard and stalk himThe players in the ISD branch would become bored and wouldn't want to play on it because it requires too many factors for them to enjoy rp as ISD. This idea is best to be left as an event because it is easier to just put undercover agents inside as modeling them or just having them change their name.

Aight I don't approve of this

9 hours ago, Arussso said:

-support this is a cool idea but too much work would be put into it when it can die out fast and the time/effort of our management team is not worth it because their time is valuable. You would have the add in jobs for them to be even relevant to the server like more undercover agents. The only job they would have to do is terminate anyone who mentions redacted information and stalk maynard which would cause failRP if they just tail around maynard and stalk himThe players in the ISD branch would become bored and wouldn't want to play on it because it requires too many factors for them to enjoy rp as ISD. This idea is best to be left as an event because it is easier to just put undercover agents inside as modeling them or just having them change their name.

10 hours ago, Arussso said:

I respectfully disagree with your points. I will list my reasons and counter arguments below.

1. They would have more jobs than to just terminate anyone who mentions redacted information. They would be able to handle interrogations for other GoIs. That is their official purpose, even though that’s only used as a cover for their real purpose. 

2. They wouldn’t just stalk Dr. Maynard since as you said that would be FailRP. The process to become ISD would be very selective, making it so only people who know how to RP properly, and won’t break rules would be allowed in. 

3. I can see how you say it would take a lot of factors to being about worthwhile RP, but that depends. Assuming the right person is put in charge of the branch RP will come very easily. 

1 hour ago, Icarus said:

I respectfully disagree with your points. I will list my reasons and counter arguments below.

1. They would have more jobs than to just terminate anyone who mentions redacted information. They would be able to handle interrogations for other GoIs. That is their official purpose, even though that’s only used as a cover for their real purpose. 

2. They wouldn’t just stalk Dr. Maynard since as you said that would be FailRP. The process to become ISD would be very selective, making it so only people who know how to RP properly, and won’t break rules would be allowed in. 

3. I can see how you say it would take a lot of factors to being about worthwhile RP, but that depends. Assuming the right person is put in charge of the branch RP will come very easily. 

+support for reasons above, but where would they spawn and where would the RP rooms that they would need be?

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

1 minute ago, BadAimSam said:

+support for reasons above, but where would they spawn and where would the RP rooms that they would need be?

Good points to bring up. Depending on how it is gone about would determine spawn. If there are no additional classes and they are solely undercover than the normal spawns. If additional classes are added, then maybe in EZ by the security directors office, since it would make sense that they answer to them. As for RP rooms I’m sure any open room would work, and for that matter if none are open then they can clear out a room and have people posted outside and not allow entry to anyone who isn’t ISD. 

2 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Good points to bring up. Depending on how it is gone about would determine spawn. If there are no additional classes and they are solely undercover than the normal spawns. If additional classes are added, then maybe in EZ by the security directors office, since it would make sense that they answer to them. As for RP rooms I’m sure any open room would work, and for that matter if none are open then they can clear out a room and have people posted outside and not allow entry to anyone who isn’t ISD. 

There arent many open rooms, you would probably need to use something like temp euclid as a tempt interrogation/cell. also @Matriciesor @Rangiatea your thoughts on this department? It sounds like it would answer to one of you.

Also this is going to sound like a horrible idea but what about the “airlock” for the warhead silo being used for a room?

17 minutes ago, BadAimSam said:

There arent many open rooms, you would probably need to use something like temp euclid as a tempt interrogation/cell. also @Matriciesor @Rangiatea your thoughts on this department? It sounds like it would answer to one of you.

Also this is going to sound like a horrible idea but what about the “airlock” for the warhead silo being used for a room?

Temp Interrogation makes the most sense, but in the event it’s occupied when needed then any not commonly trafficked room would work, so both of them could be potential rooms. They wouldn’t necessarily need their own “secret covert ops room” because they are usually regarded to by the lower ranking foundation personnel as a myth, therefore any room designated to them gives the foundation a chance to find out that it’s not a myth is a security risk. 

Edited by Icarus

- Support

From what I'm understanding, it sounds like a General Specilization for all branches, almost like Undercover DEA Agents going for a drug bust. My main reason I - Support is because Internal Security is A1's Job. (This is OOC) Besides protecting High Value Targets, A1 pretty much know all and make arrests if info of anything Redacted or else gets leaked.

- MTF E11 VCMDR Tick 106S

Edited by Kratos™

[[:: REDACTED Hunter Reaper OM6 // Status_Online ::]]

Confirmed Epsilon-11 Special Forces Kills: 4 // Still waiting for a HaloRP Server.

18 minutes ago, Kratos™ said:

- Support

From what I'm understanding, it sounds like a General Specilization for all branches, almost like Undercover DEA Agents going for a drug bust. My main reason I - Support is because Internal Security is A1's Job. (This is OOC) Besides protecting High Value Targets, A1 pretty much know all and make arrests if info of anything Redacted or else gets leaked.

I disagree. While yes, it IS alpha 1’s job do deal with internal affairs, its pretty obvious that your talking to someone in A1. This could be setup like the E11 REDACTED unit, where nobody knows any of its members, ensuring less mingey behavior and info leaks, as you dont really know who is in it, and who isnt.

Perhaps instead of reporting to the HOS or DOUSR as suggested by icarus, they could instead report to daedran?

36 minutes ago, Kratos™ said:

- Support

You also need to consider that A-1 and ISD lore wise have two entirely different purposes. A-1 is still a much higher clearance level than ISD, and ISD really has no reason to mess with them. Their members report directly to the 05 council, thus making sense that in lore they are hand selected by the 05 council. ISD however, are not meant to work like A-1 does. ISD has no idea what A-1 does for that matter. A-1 deals with a multitude of things, such as assisting in the containment of certain SCPs (as listed on their wiki page). However ISDs sole purpose is Internal Security. They go through any means necessary to maintain that internal security. 

4 hours ago, BadAimSam said:

The idea was bought up and that being a option for officers of any branch to join i dont think a offical leader of the branch was decided when it was talked about but if this does get accepted it would fall under site administrations command  most likely 

I'll +support it

i pushed for this a while ago but it never really went anywhere 

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

9 minutes ago, Rangiatea said:

The idea was bought up and that being a option for officers of any branch to join i dont think a offical leader of the branch was decided when it was talked about but if this does get accepted it would fall under site administrations command  most likely 

I'll +support it

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

2 hours ago, Jeffe said:

+/- Support

I was working on this a while back and still am trying to when I have time, but rn I don't feel like this is a priority to add over other things that could improve the server

I’m not saying it’s a number one priority, but there’s nothing saying it’s not a worthwhile addition. Not to mention there are many reasons why this could improve the server (as I listed in the post).

Hello Icarus,

So while I think this suggestion is a good idea, it still has me questioning, "What is the difference between this and what the officers in their respective branches already do?". Is this just O5's way of keeping tabs on branches in a different manner or do we not trust people enough to bring issues to higher ups? Thats my biggest concern with this.

7 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello Icarus,

So while I think this suggestion is a good idea, it still has me questioning, "What is the difference between this and what the officers in their respective branches already do?". Is this just O5's way of keeping tabs on branches in a different manner or do we not trust people enough to bring issues to higher ups? Thats my biggest concern with this.

It would mainly be implemented for RP purposes the way I imagine it. 05 would be able to keep tabs on branches from the inside hypothetically, but it’s not due to a lack of trust of the officers or anything, mainly to make RP better and more immersive.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:37 PM, Rangiatea said:

I'll +support it

Is this a sub-job like Security Sniper or a main branch? 

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

10 hours ago, Gunther said:

Is this a sub-job like Security Sniper or a main branch? 

In a sense both. So basically it’s a branch of it’s own, however you also retain your current rank inside of Security/MTF. You’d be undercover trying to weed out traitors and potential security risks.

On 8/11/2019 at 11:10 PM, Arussso said:

On 8/11/2019 at 10:25 PM, Icarus said:

The main purpose of the ISD is to weed our potential traitors and potential security risks within Foundation personnel. It would give people a new goal to strive towards, and give some incentive to reduce mingy behavior since potential ISD agents have to have a perfectly clean service record. 

We already have this. We even have a meme catchphrase for it. We like to call it... A1 REDACT THAT MAN

Your suggestion basically defines A1's lesser duties outside of protecting VIPs and recontainment.

-Support

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!