Removing PKs - Denied

Emoonk

On 8/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, Kratos™ said:

- Support

I believe PKs are necessary as it provides an incentive to not act out stupidly. For the CI, I don't think CI should be held to the same standards for the PK, simce I understand its annoying since CI revolve around raiding. I believe NLR is enough for CI. This is more in part of Foundation Personnel who purposefully display idiotic behavior that doesn't really break a server rule requiring Admin Intervention, but should still be punishable.

If you truly value your life and name, them the threat of losing it should be enough to prevent illogical decisions.

- MTF E11 VCMDR Tick 106S

^ I agree 

On 8/11/2019 at 6:30 PM, Carpenter John said:

+/- Support

I think maybe boosting the required rank to allow a PK would be better.

^

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain 

+ Support in removing PKs. I rarely if ever have seen PKs actually put in place, and it makes it harder for branch command members to be able to track who is all in their branch if they have to constantly change names if PKs are on the rise.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 8/15/2019 at 5:05 PM, Rookieblue said:

+ Support in removing PKs. I rarely if ever have seen PKs actually put in place, and it makes it harder for branch command members to be able to track who is all in their branch if they have to constantly change names if PKs are on the rise.

This is the reason they need to be removed

There are three types of people... There are hunters... There are prey...

And then I, Alex B, comes back after so long to Security with the new name of Seeker that nobody remembers me anymore, but I don't care and I just want to shoot D-Class.

Hello SCPRP Community,

I don't think that all PK's should be removed just the one that makes you change your name with no change in rank. Right now PK's have been super frequent as of late and there are times where I don't feel they are being used properly. Now I do know that you have to do something obscenely stupid to get into a PK situation, as I have not ever had the threat of or been PK'd a single time since I joined this server. But I do feel like they've been used a bit too much. I think the rules just need to be a bit tighter on the smaller pks (Aka the ones that don't do anything to your rank but change your name). They're rather insignificant in meaning seeing as its, literally the same person but they have to change their name which is rather annoying and pointless. At that point its more or so of an alternative punishment then getting a strike or something but then why not just do that?

-Support on completely removing all PK's but +Support either changing the name pk or making the conditions for it harder to be met.

Edited by Matricies
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello SCPRP Community,

I don't think that all PK's should be removed just the one that makes you change your name with no change in rank. Right now PK's have been super frequent as of late and there are times where I don't feel they are being used properly. Now I do know that you have to do something obscenely stupid to get into a PK situation, as I have not ever had the threat of or been PK'd a single time since I joined this server. But I do feel like they've been used a bit too much. I think the rules just need to be a bit tighter on the smaller pks (Aka the ones that don't do anything to your rank but change your name). They're rather insignificant in meaning seeing as its, literally the same person but they have to change their name which is rather annoying and pointless. At that point its more or so of an alternative punishment then getting a strike or something but then why not just do that?

-Support on completely removing all PK's but +Support either changing the name pk or making the conditions for it harder to be met.

I agree with Matricies on this matter. It's quite annoying in the fact that you'd have to change your name, just because it's a "PK" and there's not much roleplay involved with removing your name.

~ Shadow ~ Azrael ~ Military RP Beginnings Veteran

GL 10 Year Veteran "The Last Remaining Spetsnaz"  Former Wardog Super Admin / Admin MilitaryRP

+/- itbis necessary but someone killed me and threatened to pk me because i said theur real name ooc. I thinkbi shouldent need to worry about getting pked after ooc comment not IRL name they were on redacted class

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

On 8/11/2019 at 1:14 AM, Arium said:

+Support

From my experiences with PKs, they are pretty horribly used and controlled. Every time someone asks an admin or higher to PK someone, the admin usually says yes, this can lead to very uncontrolled PKs and PKs for stupid reasons.

We all choose a username that we like, that name shouldn't be taken away from us for stupid ass reasons.

If PKs don't get removed, I think the PK guidelines should get updated, making it harder for someone to PK someone else and so that there is a actual RP reason for the PK.

Change da world, my final message

goodb ye

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

If I'm not mistaken Site Administration has already begun discussing changing how PK's work/are given out.

big cat running GIF