New Server Suggestion

Kratos™

Good Morning everyone, I would like to apologize for any formatting errors as I'm typing from my Phone.

After being with this community for a bit, I saw that it has, from a User's perspective, a infrastructure in place that not many servers have had. Lately from the observations that I have seen, like all other sister servers. That the player count has dropped, this being made evident by the community announcements urging for the player count to be brought to 60-80, while others run 130 players on a good weekend.

I believe that, there are servers that have been misused in the sense of potential revenue for the community, for example, the Zombie Survival Server. I believe that I understand the thought process, but I believe that the vision to be misguided, to no ones fault. As you all know, or atleast most of us know, Halo Infinite will be releasing possibly next year, and the MCC will be releasing "when its ready" on PC.

Now you may be asking yourself why I mention this, I wholefully believe that this is a good potential Avenue for both profit and community growth if we open a HaloRP Server. Now, my vision would place the Server in a sense of.... TDM Roleplay, similar to which the SCP RP Server is based on. And I would even argue that the server be placed in the SeriousRP category. Or a Semi-Serious Category with Serious RP regiments.

How would this work? Simple, well, not so simple, but it will be easy to understand. The Server would be placed in the timeline that coexists with the Fall of Reach Timeline or possibly, Halo 1-2 Timeline where the Covenant and Humans were in brutal conflict but the Covenant weren't easily blasting the UNSC. I also believe that this allows for the most regiments and donation positions possible as at this time, New tech was being discovered and the Spartan 3's have had field experience along with ONI research towards the Spartan 4 program, albeit, this wasnt until around post Halo 3. This is a suggestion that is in it's Alpha Stage afterall.

As stated before, It would work as most Roleplay Servers fall under the problem of, unless there's Event Mods, most of the time, People are standing around doing nothing, introducing 2 factions, The Covenant and the UNSC would open up the avenue of things to do with little Event Team intervention, possibly just XP rewards for King of the Hill and such on the Home Map. 

Now financially speaking, The Zombie Server can be reused for the HaloRP server so it wouldn't be too draining on GamingLights funds, also, I believe that the avenue of donation options for this are pretty wide and could allow for more income. Note, That I do not believe that we would be making money off any resources used. But for the spot of using that oppurtunity, similar to how many players pay to play as Obi Wan Kenobi on Starwars RP Servers.

I only ask that if this were to come to serious thought with the SMT, That I be included in the planning process, I of course will go on record to state that I do not want compensation or recognition if it becames a profitable success. This is purely for the possible enjoyment of the Gaming Light Community. I only have a minor request of the SMT if this discussed further. I am always available to speak in Discord or Teamspeak when I am home, but anyone may reach me on Discord.

Thank you for reading and I hope you consider the Benefits.

- MTF E11 VCMDR Tick 106S

Edited by Kratos™

[[:: REDACTED Hunter Reaper OM6 // Status_Online ::]]

Confirmed Epsilon-11 Special Forces Kills: 4 // Still waiting for a HaloRP Server.

+Support

I have a history of working with the biggest active HaloRP (UNSC vs Covenant) and I believe this course of action would be amazingly beneficial for gaminglight. (Plus, I have some EPIC content)spacer.png

Just here to spread some good news.

Former Epsilon-11 Commander, Mod, Event Team

9 hours ago, Bucket said:

+Support

I have a history of working with the biggest active HaloRP (UNSC vs Covenant) and I believe this course of action would be amazingly beneficial for gaminglight. (Plus, I have some EPIC content)spacer.png

Trap.—

giphy.gif

• Manager

On 8/5/2019 at 11:53 AM, Bucket said:

+Support

I have a history of working with the biggest active HaloRP (UNSC vs Covenant) and I believe this course of action would be amazingly beneficial for gaminglight. (Plus, I have some EPIC content)

Edited by Mr. NoPlay
Removing picture

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

9 minutes ago, th3 said:

What’s the guarantee that it won’t fail or lose players like pretty much every other HaloRP server

I understand the concern. My solution to that would be that instead of it being centered around Events like other HaloRP Servers, this would have a more TDM vibe to it, Granted, events would be possible. The players will be the ones to coordinate mini events, I would say something similar to small fire fights and little XP Events that grant them either Money or XP, for completing an Objective. Also, this will coincide with the development of Halo Infinte and MCC, and as it develops further, it will self advertise for those players that want to roleplay in the Halo Universe.

This is based on the trend of newly releasong games garnering popularity with it's subsequent development. And I believe this boost would allow for quick development of the playerbase. And the Community the sustainability.

Thank you for the question and for reading over the suggestion, feel free to contact me directly of you have any questuons.

Please excuse my grammatical errors as I'm at work and typing on my phone.

[[:: REDACTED Hunter Reaper OM6 // Status_Online ::]]

Confirmed Epsilon-11 Special Forces Kills: 4 // Still waiting for a HaloRP Server.

+support 

HaloRP would be really fun to experiment with. Especially in a TDM setting. It would take a lot of work though.

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

+support I feel as though it would be a lot of fun to do and or attempt 

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

45 minutes ago, Jakub said:

Has this topic died or is smt considering this? 

Thank you for bumping this.

I can not express how much of a Halo fanboy I am and I would absolutely die to see this server adapt a HaloRP.

+Support

On 8/6/2019 at 1:28 AM, Kratos™ said:

How would this work? Simple, well, not so simple, but it will be easy to understand. The Server would be placed in the timeline that coexists with the Fall of Reach Timeline or possibly, Halo 1-2 Timeline where the Covenant and Humans were in brutal conflict but the Covenant weren't easily blasting the UNSC. I also believe that this allows for the most regiments and donation positions possible as at this time, New tech was being discovered and the Spartan 3's have had field experience along with ONI research towards the Spartan 4 program, albeit, this wasnt until around post Halo 3. This is a suggestion that is in it's Alpha Stage afterall.

If we need Spartans. There was about a handfull of active Spartan-II's active in the field or in Cryo sleep which we could adapt.

But if we were going to bring in spartans, by far the greatest way to go about this is as you mentioned use Spartan-III's. Spartan-III's were brought around about 14 years before the events of Halo 2. Ackerson made a batch of about 300 Spartan-III's which we could use for the server if we fit it in-between that time (theyalldiedlaterbutwecanignorethatfornow)

Edited by Train Overlord

Nothing special here, move on.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:53 AM, Bucket said:

+Support

Although I do think that this is a neat concept, I believe we need to keep the servers that are currently up active enough to create another server. If not, it could just leach off the rest of persay, Clone Wars, or MilitaryRP. I'd give it about a year or two, depending on if the server grows in activity for those specific servers. Cool idea.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Shadow

~ Shadow ~ Azrael ~ Military RP Beginnings Veteran

GL 10 Year Veteran "The Last Remaining Spetsnaz"  Former Wardog Super Admin / Admin MilitaryRP

• 3 weeks later...

Tbh. like 8/10 new servers that come here, in the beginning : Everyone gets super exited/hyped.

Sever released : Nobody plays it, not what they hoped it would be ect ect.

Look and 1994RP, GTARP, CriminalRP, KingdomRP, AnimeRP, PrisonRP. You name it these are just examples.

HaloRP servers is very hard to get yourself stand out as the popular servers are already in place.

But I mean SCRP was the same and it turned out great so who knows

Edited by Freeze

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

• Bread locked this topic