Fixing RP with Hostages - Denied

TheeReaper

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? - If CI capture any SA, O5, or High CMD, for them to be Soft/hard PK'ed or Striked if MTF Kill him, Does not include Cyanide. 

Why should we add it? - There are plenty of Reason why you should accept this. 1. CI can never have a Legit RP with the person and/or MTF. 2. MTF never negotiating and just rushing in and killing the person. 3.  Minging, The person really not caring what happens and just waits for MTF. 4. MTF Pretending to Negotiate, then killing the SA/O5. These are some of the things that we have to deal with in CI, if this get's accepted we wont have to hardly ever deal with any of these. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Allowing CI and MTF to have Legit RP. Also not make Site SA so Cocky about being captured and actually scared.

Who is it mainly for? - CI, MTF, SA, O5

Links to any content - None

No one Remembers me ~ AHOT Reaper

+Support

I believe a soft / hard PK is too much of a punishment, but there needs to have some sort of Responsibility if a Command member of the foundation gets captured. Important personnel shouldn't be treated as expendables and willingly killed without even trying to start a negotiation.

The amount of times I've seen a successful hostage negation can be counted on 1 hand these past 2 months. We have captured a lot of Important Personnel ranging from DHOR, CPT of MTF, Deputy Site Director and even O5 but MTF never put effort in trying to get them back the legit way ( oh they just respawn ).

Raids should take into account if negotiations fail or the personnel isn't important enough, not because "we can dew it".

+/- Support, pretty much what is quoted.

28 minutes ago, Dcethe said:

I believe a soft / hard PK is too much of a punishment, but there needs to have some sort of Responsibility if a Command member of the foundation gets captured. Important personnel shouldn't be treated as expendables and willingly killed without even trying to start a negotiation.

1 hour ago, Dcethe said:

-/+ Support reason in quote 

Edited by Catsro

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

1 hour ago, Dcethe said:

+Support

The amount of times I've seen a successful hostage negation can be counted on 1 hand these past 2 months. We have captured a lot of Important Personnel ranging from DHOR, CPT of MTF, Deputy Site Director and even O5 but MTF never put effort in trying to get them back the legit way ( oh they just respawn ).

Raids should take into account if negotiations fail or the personnel isn't important enough, not because "we can dew it".

Trap.—

giphy.gif

+/- Support

Normal and hard PKs should never be a punishment for getting captured. I think in some situations soft PKs can be given out, but they should be rare.

I do agree that sometimes punishments need to be given to the people that are frequently captured, especially if they are high ranking personnel. PKs are often too harsh, we all pick a username that we like to go by, not being able to use that name may be frustrating and may get some people pretty mad. I feel like you should only get punished if you have been captured a couple times within a week, getting captured once shouldn't get you striked / PK'd.

As for role-playing with negotiations, I have never seen CI try to negotiate to get one of their members back, they just raid. With the removal of mining, the only way of working for money was removed. The only reliable source of getting money in-game is AFKing, and that can be a problem when it comes to negotiations. Sometimes CI request 100K for SA, not everyone has or wants to give up that kind of money for a singular role-play scenario. It's much easier for MTF to just bum rush and take back the SA or kill them if need be. 

I would like to see some more RP between CI and the foundation, not just *raid raid shoot shoot!*, and negotiations is a great place to start. But before we can start giving up large amounts of $$, we need a way to work for money that doesn't take too long.

And with personnel like O5, we're better off killing them than letting CI interrogate them. That's why O5 should always attempt to use cyanide if they are about to get captured.

8 hours ago, Dcethe said:

+Support

6 hours ago, Arium said:

As for role-playing with negotiations, I have never seen CI try to negotiate to get one of their members back, they just raid

This is easy to say if you never attempted to start negotiations in the first place. What your standard procedure usually is Interrogate then Terminate or even PK them ( i would gladly pay 100k to get "Aleks" Kales out of a situation like that but you guys have never gave us the option.

6 hours ago, Arium said:

With the removal of mining, the only way of working for money was removed. The only reliable source of getting money in-game is AFKing, and that can be a problem when it comes to negotiations.

I Fully agree with what you said man. There needs to be a new way for us to get income besides a small salary. I know for a fact that Igneous wouldn''t accept anything like Printers, but i believe something should be introduced to encourage classes to do their job ( CI get money for capturing SCP's, MTF Get money for Securing SCP's, D-Class get Money for Escape or Killing Guards, GenSec get Money for Killing or Capturing SCP's ) but that would intro possible exploits.

Also, Ransoms were accepted by Igneous a long time ago, but they are still rarely practice but i see the points that you raise Arium and i agree with you somewhat.

Edited by Dcethe

1 hour ago, BadAimSam said:

+support, and make it the same way with delta/gamma command, as every time we try to extract them they're instantly sniped.

Actually in Chaos SOP they will kill their own to not leak information and it’s the other way round for the foundation 

16 hours ago, Arium said:

+/- Support

Normal and hard PKs should never be a punishment for getting captured. I think in some situations soft PKs can be given out, but they should be rare.

I do agree that sometimes punishments need to be given to the people that are frequently captured, especially if they are high ranking personnel. PKs are often too harsh, we all pick a username that we like to go by, not being able to use that name may be frustrating and may get some people pretty mad. I feel like you should only get punished if you have been captured a couple times within a week, getting captured once shouldn't get you striked / PK'd.

As for role-playing with negotiations, I have never seen CI try to negotiate to get one of their members back, they just raid. With the removal of mining, the only way of working for money was removed. The only reliable source of getting money in-game is AFKing, and that can be a problem when it comes to negotiations. Sometimes CI request 100K for SA, not everyone has or wants to give up that kind of money for a singular role-play scenario. It's much easier for MTF to just bum rush and take back the SA or kill them if need be. 

I would like to see some more RP between CI and the foundation, not just *raid raid shoot shoot!*, and negotiations is a great place to start. But before we can start giving up large amounts of $$, we need a way to work for money that doesn't take too long.

And with personnel like O5, we're better off killing them than letting CI interrogate them. That's why O5 should always attempt to use cyanide if they are about to get captured.

On 8/4/2019 at 11:48 PM, Arium said:

- Support

1 hour ago, Chief_ said:

I am going to say some things. @Henry J. Do you even know what types of PK there are. There is soft pk(Name change) Normal pk(name change and 2 rank demo) hard pk(full rank demo and name change) Also, why should they get striked for being captured and mtf not being able to do their job. YOur just trying to get people demoted/striked. There is no reason for this. There can be RP with people doing that but it is up to how people want to do the RP. Also, the reason why they rush in is so that they execute the personnel before they leak any info.

-Support

Edited by Daedran

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

On 8/4/2019 at 11:06 PM, Dcethe said:

+Support

RETINA BURN BOI

I am going to say some things. @Henry J. Do you even know what types of PK there are. There is soft pk(Name change) Normal pk(name change and 2 rank demo) hard pk(full rank demo and name change) Also, why should they get striked for being captured and mtf not being able to do their job. YOur just trying to get people demoted/striked. There is no reason for this. There can be RP with people doing that but it is up to how people want to do the RP. Also, the reason why they rush in is so that they execute the personnel before they leak any info.

-Support

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 8/5/2019 at 1:48 AM, Arium said:

+/- Support

/ Security Captain Monroe / Retired SCP-RP Senior Moderator Monroe /

Hey! It's your local SCP nerd. Used to write a few articles and do meme writings every once in a while. Message me if you want server, grammar, writing, or interpreting help! Also more than open to becoming friends with the community! [ color=Name/Hex]You're Welcome[/color]

• 2 weeks later...