Fubar nerf - Accepted

Bor

On 8/3/2019 at 6:27 AM, Matricies said:

Hello Bor,

The Fubar needs a nerf hardcore. No weapon on this server should be capable of 1 hitting people if they don’t play perfectly (No gun on game can even come close to doing this, not the Negev or the AWP). I’ve been 1 hit from 150 hp and around 40-50 armor and that is with me:

- Jumping back and around to decrease melee accuracy

- Increase distance from melee

- Controlled hip fire with everything (Shotgund, LMG, Marksman Rifle And so on)

It straight two hits my custom class which has 200 hp and 200 armor, let alone any other security classes. Factor in that there are often 2+ people with the weapon and the inevitable crossfire and you have a really dumb situation where you have One to two strikes and your dead. If we’re going to have nerfed guns, make the melee weapons match. None of the other D class weapons really one hit anyone aside from maybe SOs so why is this one given an exception?

+Support, please balance the melee weapon.

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

On 8/3/2019 at 12:27 AM, Matricies said:

Hello Bor,

The Fubar needs a nerf hardcore. No weapon on this server should be capable of 1 hitting people if they don’t play perfectly (No gun on game can even come close to doing this, not the Negev or the AWP). I’ve been 1 hit from 150 hp and around 40-50 armor and that is with me:

- Jumping back and around to decrease melee accuracy

- Increase distance from melee

- Controlled hip fire with everything (Shotgund, LMG, Marksman Rifle And so on)

It straight two hits my custom class which has 200 hp and 200 armor, let alone any other security classes. Factor in that there are often 2+ people with the weapon and the inevitable crossfire and you have a really dumb situation where you have One to two strikes and your dead. If we’re going to have nerfed guns, make the melee weapons match. None of the other D class weapons really one hit anyone aside from maybe SOs so why is this one given an exception?

+Support, please balance the melee weapon.

Well spoken.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-support

fubar is a weapon held by barely any classes, said classes are solely donator exclusive. Encouragment of increased aim practice and skill for gensec via aiming for headshots to do more damage would be a superior method of counter fubar rather than just nerfing them into the ground.

From my observations, those who encounter enemies that utilize fubar tend to follow through a very simple movement pattern for avoiding fubar strikes, moving backwards. This movement pattern is rather predictable for users of fubar to counter. Utilizing strafing to avoid blows that deal heavy damage by the fubar and running past them would allow the combatant lacking the fubar to gain ground on them.

The FUBAR is in limited quantity among D-Class and therefore this should be taken into account before nerfing.

It should be noted that while 5 people with the FUBAR at once could create a balance issue this does not often occur.

It is common with the opposing Custom Class's to have likewise very powerful firepower and buffs these balances should be taken into account when criticizing the FUBAR.

One of the draws to SCP RP is being able to breach the facility from time to time. In my limited play experience the vast majority of D-Class breaches have been instigated by use of the Reznov Custom Class FUBAR.

I believe the ammount of D-Class breaches have been reasonable if not low. To nerf the FUBAR is to actively lower the ammount of D-Class breaches.

-Support 

For the people who have +Support, I bet none of you have ever used it once. You are saying that the FUBAR, a weapon which requires immense skill and practice to use, is overpowered? The only people who you die by is people who can suffer through the speed debuff, as well as aim for the head, as well as deal with your movements. Most of you who have said this doesn't realize that very few people actually use the FUBAR, and even fewer people can use it correctly. You all die by pure skill, and that's only because you probably can't strafe. Now, no one is able to escape as Class-D, because the second we kill the guards, the MTF swarm LCZ and we can't leave. Even if we get passed it, the MTF is most likely camping the HCZ. Because of this nerf, almost no one can leave the facility alive. Sure, maybe it could one-shot, but that's probably because you can't strafe.

Maybe nerf real problems next time, and don't nerf the FUBAR just because someone with pure skill is able to use it.

-Support

Edited by [SN] [RN] Wolffe
  • Like 1

-Support all they way

The fubar just got nerfed from 200 to 85 damage today which makes it un usable it takes 5 seconds to charge up it got over nerfed, Please for the love of god just change it to 150 or 125 It's a high risk high reward weapon, also the range issue was due to lag in D-block when there are huge riots going I'm always at 20 frames in D-block, the hit reg with melee weapons is so bad 10% of your hits do damage. 

-Support

Kinda seems unfair to nerf a weapon only 2 classes use (and this severely)

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

• 2 weeks later...