SCP-1000 - Suggestion - Denied

Gunther

Disclosure: If considered, I would like to work with GL to find or create a Custom made SWEP for him. 

1. Name of the SCP you would like added: SCP-1000 "Bigfoot"

2. Link(s) to playermodels: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960722145

3. Link(s) to sweps: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323397084 | The idea would be for him to have a SWEP effect similar to 012, where if you get close enough, you take damage. Or if someone is looking at 1000, they start to take damage only if they are close enough, and are being viewed upon.

4. How much health/armor do you think it should have? 3000% health 0% armor

5. Why should we add this SCP? I believe this would a great addition as we already have a place that best fits his Lore Location, the room in which the current 194 spawns. This is a Keter class in which the longer you view, the more likely you are die instantly and anonymously. And unlike most of the SCPs I've researched, this one is commonly known in terms of being a Non-Fictional Myth. Due to the effect 1000 gives off, I'm sure Research would have a great time experimenting with it. The only issue here is there's no SWEP that best fits him. 

6. Basic summary of the SCP: SCP-1000 is a nocturnal, omnivorous ape about 5' 10", which carries a "pseudo-disease" in which any hominid, (in this case Humans and Dr. Bright) that directly or indirectly observes any instance of SCP-1000 has a minimum 2% chance of being instantly killed through anomalous means via permanent cessation of brain function. This percentage is cumulative, and the longer a human views SCP-1000, the higher the chance of instantaneous death increases, at a rate of +1% chance per 20 minutes of viewing. (This could be altered to be every 1 minute for RP purposes.)

7. Extra information: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1000

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

9 hours ago, Gunther said:

@Hollow I stated in the reasoning to add him, that he could take 194's "Forest Room" due to it being as to close to what his environment would be.

Oh damn, you right. are we just taking 194 out or are they going to share the room?

Yea the Forest Room is currently occupied by both 527 and 194, however 527 doesn't make any sense being there. Also 194 could just share the room.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+ Support

My only gripe with it is it's lore. SCP-1000 is literally just Big Foot. It doesn't have any type of Pseudo-Disease. It was a cover up for the Termination of all SCP-1000 Instances. I would actually bring forth that ability to allow SCP-1000 to be knowledgeable of it's pending Termination. Which would make it want to destroy the Foundation but primarily Escape. Due to SCP-1000 being a Sub-Species of Humans, The ability to use tools, guns and such would give it the ability to escape, including teaming with either SCP-035 or D-Class as it just wants to escape.

[[:: REDACTED Hunter Reaper OM6 // Status_Online ::]]

Confirmed Epsilon-11 Special Forces Kills: 4 // Still waiting for a HaloRP Server.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Igneous said:

I have no idea how that SWEP would work for this SCP. Please explain.

Essentially the idea is having a SWEP that combines the "Slenderman Effect", where looking at him will hurt you, with the "012 Effect" where being close will damage unless you can get some distance or break contact. So essentially Slender is for the effect, but 012 is to set the distance, so obviously being at the other end of the hallway won't hurt you. Because in lore "visually seeing them increases the chance of an instant death", I thought creating a SWEP that combines these effects would make the most sense. The SWEP for Slenderman already exists and the 012 model that hurts you exists as well, all someone would need to do is create a way to combine these into one SWEP. I don't know much about creating SWEPs but if GL has any connections that can create this custom SWEP, this could potentially make for the one of the more dangerous SCP on the server. @Igneous

Edited by Gunther

200.gif

On 8/2/2019 at 8:31 AM, Gunther said:

The idea would be for him to have a SWEP effect similar to 012, where if you get close enough, you take damage. Or if someone is looking at 1000, they start to take damage only if they are close enough, and are being viewed upon.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:31 AM, Gunther said:

which carries a "pseudo-disease" in which any hominid, (in this case Humans and Dr. Bright) that directly or indirectly observes any instance of SCP-1000 has a minimum 2% chance of being instantly killed through anomalous means via permanent cessation of brain function. This percentage is cumulative, and the longer a human views SCP-1000, the higher the chance of instantaneous death increases, at a rate of +1% chance per 20 minutes of viewing. (This could be altered to be every 1 minute for RP purposes.)

None of this is true. The disease was a coverup by 05 to keep Foundation and humanity from going near them because Humanity overthrew the SCP-1000 race and committed Genocide on them. And any confirmed instances of SCP-1000 are also swiftly terminated. Technically, they have no anomalous traits at all only anomalous thing about them is they're intelligence and that's it. We don't always stick to cannon but giving SCP's anomalous abilities is a bit out there? in that case we can make up SCPS

- Support

Edited by Train Overlord

Nothing special here, move on.

5 hours ago, Train Overlord said:

None of this is true. The disease was a coverup by 05 to keep Foundation and humanity from going near them because Humanity overthrew the SCP-1000 race and committed Genocide on them. And any confirmed instances of SCP-1000 are also swiftly terminated. Technically, they have no anomalous traits at all only anomalous thing about them is they're intelligence and that's it. We don't always stick to cannon but giving SCP's anomalous abilities is a bit out there? in that case we can make up SCPS

- Support

You're -Supporting because its not 100% Lore-Serious? 

What's so wrong about wanting to use the "idea" of what they are known to do, sure, its a coverup and they aren't anomalous but the idea of adding an SCP that hurts you when you look at it makes for a good SCP to add.

200.gif

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

You're -Supporting because its not 100% Lore-Serious? 

What's so wrong about wanting to use the "idea" of what they are known to do, sure, its a coverup and they aren't anomalous but the idea of adding an SCP that hurts you when you look at it makes for a good SCP to add.

Im not -Supporting it because its not 100% Lore-Serious. We are a Semi-Serious SCPRP server after all. But I feel as If there is a strong difference between editing SCP's to fit into our server and then ignoring everything about the SCP and reforming it to fit in our design (in my opinion) the SCP itself to add it into the server. Things such as downgrading a SCP's destructive ability such as 682 I don't mind but adding entire new abilities to a SCP doesn't sit well with me. Especially since there would be contradictions between what we have and the wiki document which we use. Are we pretending that they do have the ability? Does that mean 05 never made the message? If so how do we explain the genocide of the species or are we saying that never happened? If we are removing SCP-1000's background, then what is its new background? those questions will be the stuff that  Researchers will be attempting to discover ASAP since they will be doing plenty of tests on SCP-1000's background but how do we know what's been removed for the benefit of the server? If the message by 05 and its nature is fake then it leaves a bunch of unexplainable holes in 1000's background. And Researchers will be thoroughly looking at this and all it does is cause confusions and in the end SCP-1000 won't make sense. 

I suppose a example of this is, say we change SCP-682's model to a regular D-Class and we change it so that 682 has always been a Human Male. Sure, it has short term benefits (of some kind) but in the end it conflicts with his wiki log, cross testing and generally, everything about him.

Im not -Supporting it for being lore serious. Im -Supporting it because to me SCP-1000 no longer makes sense.

Edited by Train Overlord

Nothing special here, move on.