Lupo's FD Suggestion - Denied

Lupo

I would like it noted that I am aware of the previous posts on this matter and have read over the suggestion welcome thread, however, if allowed I would like to bring a different light to it.

What do you want to see :

I would like to see a realistic fire department added to our PoliceRP server in addition to other Emergency Services ( EMS ) as a separate function.

Why should we add it :

I am aware this suggestion has been brought up in the past, and I have read the previous counters to it. I personally have ran many fire departments and servers for that matter, and are aware of how things work and don't work well with each other. I think if this server can handle the vFire addon due to the stats that I've read and collected while on the server. I believe that using a fire addon wouldn't cause as much lag as you'd think, it could help expand the community and could bring another roleplay element to the server. As a firefighter and medical professional in real life, I personally enjoy these types of roleplay and look for things such as a fire department when I join servers. Currently, there aren't many good popular servers with fire departments. I want to change that.

What are the advantages of having this :

Adding a fire department would ring in a whole new aspect of roleplay, bring new players seeking this roleplay, create more in-depth roleplay for other government services, ( helping on scenes, working with EMS, etc.. ) and many more advantages yet to be seen.

Who is it mainly for :

I personally haven't spoken to anyone much about the matter.

Links to any content :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1525218777
I would provide more if this suggestion goes through.

Thank you for your time,  - Lupo

Edited by Lupo
  • Gaminglight Love 1

I hate to tell you man, but it's more than likely not going to work. Personally I am a firefighter in real life, and I made the suggestion a few weeks ago to add a Rockford City Fire Dept. as well, and there was a lot of positive support, which I greatly appreciated, but even with negative support, it was more realistic than "negative". Even though there are easy problems to easy solutions, it would take a lot to get this department off the ground. We would need a chief, assistance from the commissioners, and even more help from SMT and Staff. If you can find a way to get a RCFD on this server, I would have no problem helping you with it in the development, management, and any other actions necessary to take, but as of right now, the community is not ready for a RCFD. Again, I would LOVE to see this happen, but realistically, it wont.

• Like 1

Ive wanted a fire department in the server for a while even if we just used trucks and it was pure RP. Mainly because I am a volunteer firefighter in my town, KCVFD, and ive wanted to bring what I know about real firefighting into the Gmod world and I love gaminglight and I don't want to switch to a server that has it already. I have advanced knowledge of a lot of Fire Operations and Rescue operations and feel that if this was added I would be able to make it a fun department but ive never spoken up about it because of my fear of an instant denial but thank you for speaking up about this so imma give a HUGE

+ SUPPORT

• Like 1

+/-

Zeeptin himself said there won't be a FD unless it a serious RP server

Map is a bit laggy and average frame rate has dropped. Last thing we want is more lag

Would be cool to see work

Ask EMS to make it a sub dept?

• Like 1

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

1 minute ago, Sion said:

+/-

Map is a bit laggy and average frame rate has dropped. Last thing we want is more lag

Ex-SCPRP D-Boi | Security Officer | Senior Moderator/Admin | Ex-Discord Moderator and TS Support Member 

Ex-PoliceRP EMS Dep. Chief |  SWAT CPL | Head Dispatcher | FBI EAD | Interpol HoI | DOC LT | SS SSO | 

3 minutes ago, Sion said:

+/-

See that's the thing. EMS on its own is great I'm sure but I don't think it would thrive if, at all under EMS, it would most likely end up, no offense of to EMS of course, some sort of meh group of people who drive trucks, when what I'm thinking would not be a subdivision but an actual department of itself. I don't think you necessarily need a super-serious RP server, I think if they went and tried it with factoring in everything we have now that it could work. Besides, I know a few things about starting up a department on a thriving server, it works, we just need the people to have a somewhat optimistic look about it. Thanks for the feedback, friend.

It would be nice to have got to but i can see lots of problems eg lag increase aswell as the props can spawn anywhere in the server we had v fire on cwrp it made the server unplayable as the lagg was so extremely bad 

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017