I'm so sorry.

Smols

Steam Name: Smols

Ingame Name: Garth

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:89820460

Ban Length: Permanent

Admin that Banned you: ArmyGuy

Reason for Ban: "Come back when you want to show respect/Asking for a perma ban/No respect/Racism XA LOT/Spamming chat/False use of adverts -- appeal @ gaminglight.com ArmyGuy"

Dispute: If I'm being completely honest, what I did to get a permanent ban has almost no excuses whatsoever. What I did was very childish, spiteful, and overall unnecessary. However, at the point where I committed this ridiculous act, I was at an edge that I was quite honestly not mature enough to pull myself away from. I was fueled by anger and dissidence that was completely uncalled for in all circumstances, but yet, I couldn't control it. The things I had worked for so long to achieve seemed to be crumbling around me, and I didn't know how to handle it. To escape this, I did just about the dumbest thing anyone could ever do; I spammed a racial slur that is never okay to say in a public game lobby for everyone to see. For this, I received a completely justified permanent ban at the time. Over the past however many months however, this very action has, as stupid as it may sound, eaten away at me. I've seen my friends list shrink and I've lost communication with some of the coolest people I have ever met on any server in any game. This has sincerely bothered me, and it brought me to a point of reflection at which I realized how big of a mistake I actually made. I realized this fully around two months ago, when I personally went into the teamspeak and waited for hours to speak with any SMT that was willing to speak with me just to say sorry. I felt so bad about what I had done that I just needed to know that someone knew about it. At this time, I honestly wasn't even considering appealing, but then I remembered how much fun the server brought to my life. I remember being so excited to get onto GamingLight every day; I could role play with a community I knew I could rely on, and I threw that away for what? I threw it away because I disagreed with how things were going within a singular hour on the server. I threw away a thousand hours on a game I cared so much for, simply because I didn't get my way one time. Before this, I was blessed with many opportunities that were presented to me, and I abandoned everything these opportunities gave me because I was too immature to know my place. At this point, as you're reading this, you may be asking yourself: "So why should you be unbanned?" This is the same question I've been asking myself for a while, and I think I've come up with an answer that is satisfying to myself. Throughout my time on GamingLight, I caused almost no problems before my ban. I had little to no warns (anywhere from 2-4, I honestly can't remember at this point) for very trivial things, one of which I received for breaking NLR on one of my first days. I made and edited several official documents for State and was trusted with full Roster access, something that I did not touch after being banned at all. In addition to all of this, I've matured a great amount since my ban. I'm turning 18 in 5 days, and I've been accepted into college. Because of all of these things, I truly believe I could come back and be a valuable addition to the GamingLight community as a whole. Thank you for your time in reading this, and I hope you genuinely consider this as not only an appeal, but also a genuine apology.

-Garth

Huge +Support 

I Believe Garth should be un banned, He obviously made a huge mistake which people do make mistakes, but he did do a Huge Apology, and most people that are blacklisted dont care and he obviously cares and wants to come back,  and he admits his mistakes and he was frusterated at the time and stressed. He knows what he did was wrong and thats why he made this ban appeal, He wants to come back and be apart of the community. And the Garth I knew was Respectful/Funny/Cool and I was shocked he did what he did, and Its a shock that he wants to come back, which I do believe he is very sorry and regrets what he did and being responsible for his actions. People should get 2nd chances if they are really serious about what they did.

I believe Garth deserves another chance, Taco.

3 hours ago, Taco. said:

Huge +Support 

I Believe Garth should be un banned, He obviously made a huge mistake which people do make mistakes, but he did do a Huge Apology, and most people that are blacklisted dont care and he obviously cares and wants to come back,  and he admits his mistakes and he was frusterated at the time and stressed. He knows what he did was wrong and thats why he made this ban appeal, He wants to come back and be apart of the community. And the Garth I knew was Respectful/Funny/Cool and I was shocked he did what he did, and Its a shock that he wants to come back, which I do believe he is very sorry and regrets what he did and being responsible for his actions. People should get 2nd chances if they are really serious about what they did.

Agreed 

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Taco. said:

Huge +Support 

PoliceRP Manager

Couple things

Why did you make an alt account on the forums?

Also my own opinion we have banned people for saying what you said (the n word) with no appeal so I don’t really see the difference between you and them.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

58 minutes ago, th3 said:

Couple things

Why did you make an alt account on the forums?

Also my own opinion we have banned people for saying what you said (the n word) with no appeal so I don’t really see the difference between you and them.

I made an alt account due to the fact that I could not figure out how to access my old, still standing account.

I completely understand why you'd view me the same as any other from an objective standpoint, but I don't think I'm a typical case. This ban happened approximately 8 months ago from today, and I'm here appealing it with all I have. I might be wrong, but I think that just by doing this, it shows how much I really cared about the server and the community surrounding it. I did do a horrible thing, but as I said, I caused no problems before this and made a mistake that couldn't be reversed after I realized the true repercussions. I've come back now because I've been honest with myself and know now that I would never make a mistake like that again. All I'm asking for is a chance on a community that I miss so much and have so many regrets on. 

16 hours ago, Taco. said:

Huge +Support 

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

1 hour ago, Shmoopy_boop said:

+ Support

Is what he did wrong? absolutely, but instead of lying, he came here and wrote a genuine appeal, was honest and owned up to his mistakes. Not everyone will do that. I think Garth deserves a second chance to play in this community again.

Agreed

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

1 hour ago, Shmoopy_boop said:

+ Support

Is what he did wrong? absolutely, but instead of lying, he came here and wrote a genuine appeal, was honest and owned up to his mistakes. Not everyone will do that. I think Garth deserves a second chance to play in this community again.

+ Support for reasons above 

logan2.png

MEGA +SUPPORT

I MISSED YOU SO MUCH GARTH

The amount of leadership you have and the type of person you are helped me become a better person. I know your said the N word a bunch of times in advert and yes I was there when it happened at a bank raid, and when I saw that, I knew I was gonna miss you for a good long time until now. I really hope your appeal gets accepted, I can't wait to come and RP with you again, I hope you won't make this mistake again and I will do my best to prevent any of it to happen.

-Leadership skills

-nice guy

-Was honest on his whole appeal, you should get a 2nd chance

-A big whole was left in GL when you left and I think a few of us can agree that some things were not the same without you

❤️ your favorite EpiPen(Elapin)

Good luck to you Garth

9 hours ago, Taco. said:

Im sure you regret doing/saying some stuff in your life too. @Felix

There is always something people regret, however, there isn't anything I have done so bad that is equivalent to what the appeal is for, too which I regret. 

Ex. Dep Comm

On 7/27/2019 at 11:44 PM, Taco. said:

Huge +Support 

rsz_1rsz_1oversized_signature.png

+SUPPORT

I remember Garth, and I never would have any bad problems from him. When I was staff the last time he was the friendliest person I could remember. We all have heated moments that we do eventually regret regardless of what the outcome was in the end. I personally believe that he deserves to have another chance to come around and play again because he clearly shows he is super sincere on his apology. This is a rare case of someones unusual actions caused a punishment that he regretted im sure immediately. 

Good luck Garth! 

• Gaminglight Love 1

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

7 hours ago, Voxis said:

+SUPPORT

I remember Garth, and I never would have any bad problems from him. When I was staff the last time he was the friendliest person I could remember. We all have heated moments that we do eventually regret regardless of what the outcome was in the end. I personally believe that he deserves to have another chance to come around and play again because he clearly shows he is super sincere on his apology. This is a rare case of someones unusual actions caused a punishment that he regretted im sure immediately. 

Good luck Garth! 

Huge +Support 

Imperial RP GM Admin

31st Commander

Huge +Support 

• Fame locked this topic