Gun Damage Increase 50%/60%/70% - Accepted

Matricies
Message added by Igneous

The new damage multiplier is 50%, meaning that all weapons will do 10% more damage than before!

What you want to see? - I would like to see gun damage increased from 40%(.40) to 50/60 or 70%(0.50 - 0.70)

Why should we add it? - I think a lot of people could agree that we're kind of tired of having to put an entire magazine of an assault rifle/smg/heavy machinegun/sniper into someones head to kill them. This would alleviate some combat issues when it comes to melee sweps and constant rushing but also make it so that how you fight matters a lot more. This has been suggested in the past but I would like to see if there are new opinions on it.

What are the advantages of having this? - This would improve combat to be less of about who can rush with their gun first and about how you fight. It also helps deal with the rushing nonsense in D block.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - None. Is a change to the weapons

Edited by Matricies

1 hour ago, LuckyDudeFive said:

+ Support
-I personally find it so annoying that I have to put a entire mag into a Pro D class just to kill them as it doesn't even make sense

40 minutes ago, Breen said:

+SUPPORT

ESPECIALLY NOW THAT REZNOV HAS A FUBAR(200 DAMAGE MELEE WEAPON) WITH 100 HP 100 AP

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

Keep in mind that the damage you see on the stats of each gun is multiplied by the value Igneous has set. There is a fine line between making it so people aren't bullet sponges and people getting slaughtered with 3 bullets from an AR

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

Hello Knuckles,

While I don't want people to die instantly from a bullet barrage, it is rather annoying to empty a 25 round clip into someone only to have them still run up and heavily injure you. As the settings are at the moment, 0.40 (40%), guns only do a certain percentage of their full damage right now and Igenous said hes going to be seeing what works best. Right now 40% is way too low.

+Support 

I think the current settings are fine, although a change would be nice. I just don't want people to start complaining, despite it being a server wide change should it be implemented. Not that it would be an issue, but more along the lines of departmental conflicts saying that they're "Too OP" which is a phrase just thrown around across OOC like candy. 

I think that the weapons that should be buffed are the ones that are reasonable, because I know that a select few as of recent were nerfed due to them being way too broken in regards to combat such as the Combat Shotguns or a few rifles from the AR pack. 

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

On 7/24/2019 at 4:49 PM, Breen said:

+SUPPORT

ESPECIALLY NOW THAT REZNOV HAS A FUBAR(200 DAMAGE MELEE WEAPON) WITH 100 HP 100 AP

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||