Rookieblue's Forum Diplomat Application

Rookieblue

In-Game Name: GL Rookieblue / Junior Researcher Rookieblue

Steam Name: GL Rookieblue

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:42428330

Are you a Senior Moderator+? Yes, SCP Senior Admin.

How many posts do you have on the website (150+ REQUIRED)? Yes, 322 total posts (not including this one).

How often are you online on the forums? Multiple times each day.

What timezone are you in? CST

Why would you want to join our Forum Diplomat team (100 Words Minimum)?

I would like to join the Forum Diplomat team because I want to get further involved in the community and play a greater role in the wellbeing of the community, rather than my current role on the SCP Server. I greatly enjoy Gaminglight, but thus far my time here has been restricted to just SCP. I believe this position would be a great way to begin working with the larger community, gain more experience as a staff member with this community, and further develop my decision-making and critical thinking skills overall. As a forum diplomat, I hope to be a resource for the community to answer questions, explain rules and acceptable conduct on the forums, as well as be able to take quick action on posts or chat box messages that go against our community standards.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgment? If so, how?

Yes, I would consider myself to have good judgment. I have been a staff member on the SCP RP server since February and have never been the subject of a staff or player report, nor the subject of a server warning, nor had any of my punishments appealed by the person I disciplined. I believe this is because I always speak with and get the person I'm disciplining side's of the story, explain why their actions were not acceptable, and explain how to avoid getting in trouble in the future. Additionally, when I'm not sure how to handle a specific incident I reach out to other, more experienced staff members who will know how to handle the incident, or otherwise point me in the right direction. 

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming the shoutbox due to getting banned from one of our servers?

The first action that I would take is to delete the messages that the person is posting in the shoutbox as long as there are 3+ messages to qualify as spam. I would then send a forum message to the individual explaining why their messages were deleted, explain why that isn't acceptable, and direct them to the proper location to appeal their server ban. I would then inform whatever chain of command I have of the incident and outcome of the incident. If the person continues to spam I will continue to remove those new messages, as well as inform a Head Diplomat of the incident to have further action taken.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

15 hours ago, [GL] My Pet named Steve said:

+Support

Good app

Great staff member

Good Luck

Ex-SCPRP D-Boi | Security Officer | Senior Moderator/Admin | Ex-Discord Moderator and TS Support Member 

Ex-PoliceRP EMS Dep. Chief |  SWAT CPL | Head Dispatcher | FBI EAD | Interpol HoI | DOC LT | SS SSO |