Cross Communications - Denied

shut up blanke

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? -  Cross communication between U.K. and U.S. servers

Why should we add it? -  Immersive for RP, makes it seem like there's 2 sites.

What are the advantages of having this? - If a site is in trouble, another site can get on and equally distribute their force.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content -  For example, if you did the command like /sw (site-wide) it would broadcast a message in chat to both servers.  I would suggest low command+ only or a restriction set so it doesn't get abused.

+Support
This may be problematic to add it for only low command. Other than that point I am all for this being implemented.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

+Support, To add to this I think it'd be great if the UK server had different SCPs or a different map to add to the unknown as if we really are being called into a different site that weve never been to before.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

23 hours ago, BadAimSam said:

+Support, To add to this I think it'd be great if the UK server had different SCPs or a different map to add to the unknown as if we really are being called into a different site that weve never been to before.

Change da world, my final message

goodb ye

Hello Blanke,

I actually would love to see this implemented. This would make it far easier for my security members to communicate across servers. During the times when US/UK are active/Semi-active, I often have to bounce between both servers to see how things are going. If there’s a trainee waiting for an FTO and I have one on another server, they could just be communicated to. Same with reinforcing D block, or dealing with specific situations.

I play on another server that utilizes discord bots to relay messages to the server. So people can talk on the discord and people will see it in server and people can talk in ooc chat and see it on the discord. This would be a good way to implement it.Though it may need to be restricted depending on how well our base utilizes it, it would make things way easier for all branches.

This suggestion has my Full +Support.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:06 PM, Catsro said:

+Support
This may be problematic to add it for only low command. Other than that point I am all for this being implemented.

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

6 hours ago, Igneous said:

Dude I have no idea how we would do this

Lol +++

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

On 7/23/2019 at 6:24 PM, Igneous said:

Dude I have no idea how we would do this

A couple options come up when I googled "gmod crosss server chat" however they newest one I could find hasn't been updated for around 2 years.

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

+/- Support

As cool as this is, I dont think that this is needed as when one server gets full the other one is completely empty so it would just be unnecessarry trouble to add.

Edited by steppy

On 7/24/2019 at 2:13 AM, Rookieblue said:

This could be implemented through just Discord communications I think.

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain 

nice concept but bare in mind the servers have different peak times and people wont want to switch between the servers every hour. also ping is a bitch.

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif