Rookieblue's Senior Admin Promotion Application- Accepted

Rookieblue

Should I be advanced to Senior Admin?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be advanced to Senior Admin?

• Yes
    • No

1) What is your in-game name?: GL Rookieblue / Junior Researcher Rookieblue

2) What is your steam name?: GL Rookieblue

3) What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:42428330 / 76561198045122389

4) Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) I have been staffing on this server since February on 2019, otherwise, I do not have prior experience.

5) What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Approximately January 15th, 2019

6) What date did you make your forums account? January 15th, 2019

7) Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? Admin

8 ) How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)? 0

https://imgur.com/a/JWli2EQ

9) Have you donated? I have, $110

10) What rank are you applying for? Senior Admin

11) Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? Nope!

12) Have you read the staff guidelines? You will be tested on it: I have

13) Timezone: CST

14) Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this):

SCP Super Admin Kade

SCP Super Admin Rangiatea

PrP Super Admin Jeff Jr

PrP Super Admin Matthew

SCP Head of Staff th3

SCP Manager Igneous

15) Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I believe I deserve a promotion to the position of Senior Admin because I have been a strong team member of the community, fielding and answering questions in the discord server and on the game server from players, finding ways to make positive improvements to the server through the recent major MOTD update and my activities within GENSEC updating the MOTD and establishing the SCP Recontainment, and am a big proponent of better teamwork and training for the staffing team, as I routinely answer questions from newer members of the staffing team when they pop up, and I’m currently developing a staff guidebook targeted towards newer staff members that explain a lot of the more in-depth concepts that I wish I knew when I started staffing. 

I am also a big advocate of utilizing staff member discretion and being proactive in handling incidents across the server. I routinely intervene in issues that I find on the server, such as RDM, NLR Violations, or Racism/Bigotry events that I find when monitoring play, even if no staff calls had been made. I feel this gives players the belief that the staff team are always proactively looking to make the server a more fun and welcoming environment, which is something that gaminglight is known for. Additionally, I believe that not every incident should result in a server warning and minge. By taking the time to investigate issues that occur, and being willing to think outside the box, you’re more likely to come to decisions that can be supported by evidence and take actions that are considered fair to all parties involved. 

If advanced to the role of Senior Admin, I hope to continue the work I’m currently doing, and will look to establish a more defined training system for Trial Moderators that would result in an ever-higher quality staff that we currently have, and end the feelings of trial moderators being adrift with no help when they’re first added into the staff team.

16) How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

If faced with this incident, I would first gag the offender, which would allow me the opportunity to speak without them talking over me. I would explain why I had brought him to me, explain why what he did was against our rules on the server, explain why cursing at me and being disrespectful isn’t appropriate, and I would check his warning history to determine whether he has a history of such conduct. I would also check how long this player has been on the server, as someone who has spent a significant amount of time playing can be assumed to know the rules much better than newer players. Depending on what I found, how I would handle the situation would change. If this was the first time this player has had these issues, and they were relatively new, I would issue them a server warning for Mass RDM/Staff Dis to document this incident, and I would issue a 2,000 second minge. While this isn’t the recommended time according to the staff handbook, I believe that a first-time offense from a newer player shouldn’t necessarily result in the maximum penalty. On the other hand, if this player has a history of RDM and disrespect warnings, I would again, issue a server warning for Mass RDM/Staff Dis to document this incident and issue the full 10,000-second minge, as the previous warnings clearly did not deter him from continually causing issues on the server.

Edited by Rookieblue
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

+ Good app

+ Active Member of the community

+Active on forums

+Never seen him misuse his powers

+Pleasant Person I don't remember a single bad encounter with this staff member

-This could just be me but I never actually see you around, probably because of differing times of activity.

Otherwise man, I have no other negative comments, this app has my full +Support  good luck on your staff application!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Hang Man said:

+ Good app

+Active on forums

Otherwise man, I have no other negative comments, this app has my full +Support  good luck on your staff application!

AMAZING PERSON DESERVES THIS 100 Percent!

Hope you get this position!

• Like 1

Trap.—

giphy.gif

Advanced issues found

7 hours ago, Mr. Hang Man said:

+ Good app

+Active on forums

• Like 1

Change da world, my final message

goodb ye

10 hours ago, Mr. Hang Man said:

+ Good app

+Active on forums

-This could just be me but I never actually see you around, probably because of differing times of activity.

4 hours ago, Bor said:

AMAZING PERSON DESERVES THIS 100 Percent!

Hope you get this position!

• Like 1

gog

On 7/16/2019 at 5:01 PM, Mr. Hang Man said:

+ Good app

+Active on forums

I believe that Rookie would make a great Senior Admin and my opinion completely matches Hang's.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 10:01 AM, Mr. Hang Man said:

+ Good app

+Active on forums

• Like 1

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro