Suggestion regarding 'The 2 Life Rule' - Denied

Gunther

What you want to see? - There are two suggestions I'd like to see, either one would suffice:
1) I would like to see it to where Security/MTF/CI all count as one life, and Utility/Research/Medical are another. So for example, instead of Security and MTF being both your lives, they would fall under one life because they are Military-type branches, whereas Utility or Research would be another because they're not Military.
2) I would to see the Life limit be raised to 3 instead of 2.

Why should we add it? - With the recent D-Class riots, Research has lost almost all their members, and most of us have already used up our 2 lives on Gensec/MTF/CI, meaning no one can join Research, even if they wanted to, without giving up their rank on another branch. I believe adding another life would allow for people to use this on a job they might not have been interested in until later on. 

What are the advantages of having this? - People can join a Non-Military branch without having to give up their currently Military life or lives. This would also help Research and the other non-Military branches receive more players as most players either want to join Gensec or MTF or CI cause they have weapons and are "cooler".

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

(1) -Support
Security/MTF/CI Counting as one life doesnt make sense really (at least in my opinion) considering they are all different branches with sub-branches. it would most definately cause unbalance in my opinion, if they were all one life someone could say be in every MTF sub-branch, Maybe For the utility it would make Some sense if you think about it but still it seems like a bad idea 
(2) +Support
Personally i see the point in this, I my self am in Gensec and CI and had previously wanted to join research or Utility(Janitor,Tech,Medical) But i cannot for the fact that im now in 2 lives.
one of the biggest problems i see with this is that there might be an unbalance caused in RP because of this but i do still think its a good idea given the circumstances.

2 hours ago, Microsoft Powerpoint said:

(1) -Support
Security/MTF/CI Counting as one life doesnt make sense really (at least in my opinion) considering they are all different branches with sub-branches. it would most definately cause unbalance in my opinion, if they were all one life someone could say be in every MTF sub-branch, Maybe For the utility it would make Some sense if you think about it but still it seems like a bad idea 
(2) +Support
Personally i see the point in this, I my self am in Gensec and CI and had previously wanted to join research or Utility(Janitor,Tech,Medical) But i cannot for the fact that im now in 2 lives.
one of the biggest problems i see with this is that there might be an unbalance caused in RP because of this but i do still think its a good idea given the circumstances.

Couldnt have said it better

9 hours ago, Microsoft Powerpoint said:

(1) -Support

I think that having more than 2 lives could not only cause unbalance, but also screw people over, as when they become active in one, the rest just gets forgotten.

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

-Support

-Would be harder to manage people in different branches due to lack of activity ( When I was in A1 // CI // Event-Team // Staff  it was extremely hard to manage so I had to drop some)

-People would have to still go through all of the meetings and maybe might not be able to make all of them

-Activity/Members of a branch would be "sucked" to one branch and might not even play on a branch they were trained for

Big Body Tony

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Berserkrpups said:

-Support

-Would be harder to manage people in different branches due to lack of activity ( When I was in A1 // CI // Event-Team // Staff  it was extremely hard to manage so I had to drop some)

-People would have to still go through all of the meetings and maybe might not be able to make all of them

-Activity/Members of a branch would be "sucked" to one branch and might not even play on a branch they were trained for

+/- Support

I believe it would be beneficial to include MTF/NTF/GENSEC all count under one life, as they essentially do the same task, but have different main concentrations. Other than that, the other branches have vastly different duties and requirements.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 7/15/2019 at 1:57 AM, Berserkrpups said:

-Support

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

On 7/15/2019 at 5:16 PM, Rookieblue said:

+/- Support

I believe it would be beneficial to include MTF/NTF/GENSEC all count under one life, as they essentially do the same task, but have different main concentrations. Other than that, the other branches have vastly different duties and requirements.

On 7/15/2019 at 7:57 AM, Berserkrpups said:

-Support

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 3:16 PM, Rookieblue said:

+/- Support

gog

-Support
This would be too hard to manage, and those people who have 2 lives right now would be forced to change, regardless of whether or not they willingly choose to.

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."