Staff report- Bennett

Sergeant Major Rose

Your In-game: Rose

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:76416611

Staff member's In-Game Name: Bennett 

What did they do?: (Sum up- improper staffing) 7/13/2019, A user was speeding near bank resulting in him crashing into a police car. I attempt to pull him over however, he fails to yield to police lights and sirens. Resulting in me chasing him to the Outer General Store (Right when a robbery starts). He pulls behind the store, gets of out of his car and tries getting into white BMW. I get out and give him the verbal command to stop moving and raise his hands. He then attempts to jump back into his car and screams "Why the hell are you arresting me." I use my taser to stun him and put handcuffs on. He cries and states "Do you wanna know how fast I can call an admin?" + "I'm not apart of this robbery why are you arresting me?" I then inform him why I was arresting him. 'You where driving recklessly, speeding, and failing to yield to police sirens.' (Do keep in mind the Robbery had ended as quickly as it started, police shot and killed the suspect)  I place the man into my car and make my trip to the DOC. Him and I get tp'ed by an Mod. (He gets tp'ed first then me). Bennett asks me why did I arrest him? I told him the story you the reader have just read about up until this point. The man tries cutting me off and denies the claims of speeding, and he himself says I arrested him at the General Store. And we argue about what he was doing at the general store. Bennett tells us to stop talking then asks me where I arrested him. I repeat myself 'At the General Store.' Bennett then responds "but you said by the bank." I deny his claim 'I told you that where I tried pulling him over, not where I arrested him.' Bennett then says "You never said that." I quickly find myself upset 'Dude why are you lying? Why the hell would I talk about a general store if I arrested him at bank?' Then out of the blue Bennett responds "you said you found him speaking with someone and you thought he was apart of it if I was correct." (Two things wrong with this: 1. I cannot confirm but I assume this was the story the guy told Bennett, bennett without reason just believes him and takes it as truth. Completely ignoring my story. I assume this might be the case because of Bennett later saying "He says she says" 2. If 1 isn't the case Bennett completely tried twisting god knows what words of mine.) I respond 'What? no, that's BS.' Bennett follows up with "And if you follow procedure as a CPL you should know during general store bank store you avoide all pursuits and go to the location." Do keep in mind again the guy I was trying to pullover went behind the General Store, the location of the robbery. AND by the time of arriving to the General Store the robbery had already ended with the subject's death. I inform Bennett of this, Bennett states "It's a lot of he said she said here." Bennett then asks me how long I planned on putting him in for. I replied 'Two years or so.' Bennett repeats me. The man replies that he had served his time already (Makes literally no sense, I was transporting him to the DOC. Your time doesn't start until you are transported there and booked in.) Bennett agrees with the man stating "his time has been up." Again it doesn't make sense to include transporting time as time of punishment reducing time or setting the subject free. If I am arresting someone for speeding and reckless driving and I am going to put them in for 2 years I don't subtract transport time. I complain to Bennett saying 'This makes literally no sense." Bennett tells me that he can't punish me because of the man providing no proof to me randomly arresting him. Bennett then informs me to take it to the forums after i state 'You can't punish me because I haven't done shit.' I reply 'I will'. Bennett asks me to uncuff the man and I comply.  After uncuffing the man I state 'See you on those sexy forums.' Bennett replies "me?" and I state 'yes.' Bennett asks me why and I simply tell him 'Because of how you have handled the situation and that I think you are a bad mod.' Bennett tells me "tbh idc what you think about me im just doing my job." Then Bennett follows up with "if you had a recording" when I said I would report everything he and I said and that he just lied to me about what happened, and it being bullshit that he let the man go. I tell Bennett 'See you on the forums.' Bennet replies "Ok have a good day" then teleports me back. 

Evidence (REQUIRED): Part 1 (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1803062140)

Part 2 (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1803062205)

What do you think is an acceptable punishment?: I really can't say as far as demoting, he didn't falsely punish me or acted super SUPER badly. However he lied and set someone free without proper cause. I belief Bennett should be given a strike. 

*Note: Super sorry if Bennett (He) is a she, I just assume from the name Bennett it's a male but if I made an error my mistake* 

Edited by Sergeant Major Rose

-SUPPORT

In a lot of the cases, staff reports of this nature are made of spite and anger. This particular case is a little different due to the fact that he had probably mis-understood a lot of things, and he is also on a completely different timezone (yes I will use that in this case) and it was more than likely super late for him and he was tired (which isn't really an excuse but i'll elaborate in a second here) 

A strike isn't really needed as such, because events such as this don't warrant anything besides a talking to. Strikes are mostly handed out in terms of the staff abusing, over punishing, or just not following orders. Again, in his case he more than likely was misunderstanding the entire thing. There is no physical video evidence so an appropriate answer to either side doesn't really matter in the end as of right now. As far as him saying "Don't worry about putting him in jail, his time is up" If jail time is appropriated into a sit, lets say you're putting someone into jail for 10 years and they have actually done something to warrant a sit in the process of being arrested, time done in the DOC can be adjusted or removed if a staff member deems fit (I have done it along with other staff members in the past) because it's pointless to waste their time with a sit then on top of that, throw them in jail for X amount of time. Everything on THAT particular side is fine in my eyes especially if it was longer than 120 seconds. As I said, it was more than likely a misunderstanding and should be left as such. (in my opinion) 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

1 minute ago, Voxis said:

-SUPPORT

In a lot of the cases, staff reports of this nature are made of spite and anger. This particular case is a little different due to the fact that he had probably mis-understood a lot of things, and he is also on a completely different timezone (yes I will use that in this case) and it was more than likely super late for him and he was tired (which isn't really an excuse but i'll elaborate in a second here) 

A strike isn't really needed as such, because events such as this don't warrant anything besides a talking to. Strikes are mostly handed out in terms of the staff abusing, over punishing, or just not following orders. Again, in his case he more than likely was misunderstanding the entire thing. There is no physical video evidence so an appropriate answer to either side doesn't really matter in the end as of right now. As far as him saying "Don't worry about putting him in jail, his time is up" If jail time is appropriated into a sit, lets say you're putting someone into jail for 10 years and they have actually done something to warrant a sit in the process of being arrested, time done in the DOC can be adjusted or removed if a staff member deems fit (I have done it along with other staff members in the past) because it's pointless to waste their time with a sit then on top of that, throw them in jail for X amount of time. Everything on THAT particular side is fine in my eyes especially if it was longer than 120 seconds. As I said, it was more than likely a misunderstanding and should be left as such. (in my opinion) 

My mind has changed, I do agree with him.

{ 𝒥𝑒𝒹𝒾 𝓋𝓈 𝒮𝒾𝓉𝒽 | 𝒟𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒽 𝑅𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃 }

{ 𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁𝑅𝒫 | 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓈𝒽𝒶𝓁 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 - 𝟧𝟢𝟣𝓈𝓉 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 - 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒜𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓁 }

{ 𝒞𝒲 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒𝑅𝒫 | 𝐿𝒾𝑒𝓊𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 }

{ 𝑀𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓎𝑅𝒫 | 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒰𝒮𝒜𝐹 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁 }

10 minutes ago, Voxis said:

-SUPPORT

United States Airforce Vice Commander / Military Police AChief / Drill Instructors Co-Commander

Military Roleplay Senior Moderator / Teamspeak Supportspacer.png

This only shows what I have said to you and not what you have said to me or the other player as you did use. and as I said I cant do much of the situation which you brought up because you changed your story multiple times making me believe it less and also it didn't match the other persons side of the story. I asked for a recording to get to the bottom of the situation as there you are butting it out of context in what I said if you look in logs it states "if you had a recording I could have done more in the situation. 

ExPolicerp Event Team Leader |  ExPolicerp Senior Admin | ExState LT |  ExCERT SGT | PD SM | EXSS ASAIC | Ex EMS Deputy | ExLore Senior Guard MI SHGO Carnor Jax  | EXSenate Commando SGT Taggart 

14 minutes ago, Voxis said:

-SUPPORT

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

1 hour ago, Jbennett1239 said:

This only shows what I have said to you and not what you have said to me or the other player as you did use. and as I said I cant do much of the situation which you brought up because you changed your story multiple times making me believe it less and also it didn't match the other persons side of the story. I asked for a recording to get to the bottom of the situation as there you are butting it out of context in what I said if you look in logs it states "if you had a recording I could have done more in the situation. 

I didn't once change my story. I said the same story twice to you. And made no mention of arresting him at the bank OR arresting him for talking to someone at the General Store. Unless I am under the age of 9 years old I wouldn't change my story from arresting someone at the bank to him talking to someone at the General store during a robbery and me arresting him there. It doesn't make since. And I typed everything I said into text. I can't sadly screenshot what I say in voice chat. However as I did screenshot what you said from console. I screenshot everything you texted to me. That's why I know. It isn't a misunderstand when someone tries saying you are changing your story when you haven't been changing it.

Mistakes do happen and miscommunication. However when Bennett is basically saying I am lying to you it doesn't seem like he misunderstood anything. If staff wants to tell me to unarrest someone I will do it. But I refuse to let someone tell me I gave them two different stories when I didn't and talk me down for it. Everyone who makes a report will have anger towards the person they are reporting in most cases. I was the owner of SpravenGaming for 4 years, an Admin on ASG for 7 months before it's shut down, and staff of many other communities of different positions. Meaning I have worked with people of all sortss staff wise. Never have I had to deal with someone who tries twisting my words as badly as Bennett did. No means is Bennett the worst person or staff I have ever met but it is extremely disrespectful to be called nothing sorts called a liar. I didn't make a report so oh yes Bennett can have bad things coming his way. Simply that a mistake is corrected. From now on I am going to record all gameplay while connect to the server. I am disappointed I have to since before this my experience with staff members have been positive. 

Edited by Sergeant Major Rose

3 hours ago, Jbennett1239 said:

4 hours ago, Voxis said:

-SUPPORT

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

+/- support

If I'm right the car that made off broke priority rules first of all

Was Bennet the driver of the car or the admin taking the sit?

Story is clear to me however it might not of been to Bennet. But, if he was uncertain he shouldn't of punished you since it could be a false warn.

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

15 hours ago, Voxis said:

-SUPPORT

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

4 hours ago, [GL] Joe Mama said:

A staff report doesnt necessarily have to be a staff abusing but could be a staff not doing their job correctly. 

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

A staff report doesnt necessarily have to be a staff abusing but could be a staff not doing their job correctly. 

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

But still a - support from me, I feel that this is all a misunderstanding, and also, as a tip next time, use video evidence as its much easier to go off of, personally, I use win+g but OBS is also good

You shouldn't be evading without a proper reason, For example being wanted.

Even if you have a firearm, you wont be searched unless an officer feels its required for his own safety.

If you had pulled over non of this wouldn't have happened, more people are just driving away because they wanna be in a pursuit, and its getting annoying, stop it.

Ex. Dep Comm

On 7/14/2019 at 8:04 AM, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

This is not a staff issue but more of a rp issue. It doesn't seem that Bennett has abused at all. 

Ex-SCPRP D-Boi | Security Officer | Senior Moderator/Admin | Ex-Discord Moderator and TS Support Member 

Ex-PoliceRP EMS Dep. Chief |  SWAT CPL | Head Dispatcher | FBI EAD | Interpol HoI | DOC LT | SS SSO | 

On 7/13/2019 at 8:38 PM, Voxis said:

-SUPPORT

rsz_1rsz_1oversized_signature.png

On 7/22/2019 at 6:54 AM, Alton said:

You shouldn't be evading without a proper reason, For example being wanted.

Even if you have a firearm, you wont be searched unless an officer feels its required for his own safety.

If you had pulled over non of this wouldn't have happened, more people are just driving away because they wanna be in a pursuit, and its getting annoying, stop it.

It's actually a rule in the MOTD that they cannot be in a pursuit unless it's for 100% valid RP reasons. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

• Fame locked this topic