Class D Miner job and Crafting Table returned - Denied

Fire_SauceBoy
Message added by Igneous

I understand that the removal of the mining system is frustrating, but I would rather have a stable server than have a mining system. I am actively looking for something to help mitigate the void caused by the removal, and I am open to all suggestions about what we can do to give d-class something similar. But the mining system will not be coming back.

I have heard from multiple staff and players that the mining system crashed the server and caused massive riots which is why it was removed. Which I fully understand. I don't know the first thing about programming, or the possibility of fixing the mining system. But if possible, me and many others who enjoy playing as Class D would really appreciate the ability to have some sort of advantage against Foundation Security. Especially the ones who don't have the ability to donate and purchase custom classes. Since the removal of the mining job and ability to craft weapons, I have found that I do not enjoy playing as a Class D and the server itself. I mean no disrespect when I say that. But in my opinion the removal of mining gives the D Class almost no advantage against the initial security blockades in D block. Plus, mining and selling ores on the surface was my main source of money in the game. So, if I make it to the armory I do not have much money to spend. I feel as though there is no chance to escape when playing as a Class D who hasn't donated and I have not escaped since the removal of mining. This is all my opinion but I think you should consider giving the Class D more of an advantage because I do not find getting killed almost immediately after breaching security in D Block fun at all and most of my sessions on this server are now standing in D block or getting killed 30 seconds after leaving D Block. 

-Support

1. Format, you have to use the format that's given in one of the discussions on the suggestions page. Many people wont even read this due to the format not being used.

2. Mining probably isn't coming back anytime soon as it was crashing the server.

3. Now for the D-Class riot balancing, I dont agree with giving D-Class more stuff to work with. I've seen D-Class overtake GenSec and MTF without the weapons. In my opinion D-Class shouldn't even be able to do this much. I hope that D-Class dont get any more weapons to work with...

4. I feel like the riots are actually fairly balanced at the moment.

Edited by steppy
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, steppy said:

-Support

1. Format, you have to use the format that's given in one of the discussions on the suggestions page. Many people wont even read this due to the format not being used.

2. Mining probably isn't coming back anytime soon as it was crashing the server.

3. Now for the D-Class riot balancing, I dont agree with giving D-Class more stuff to work with. I've seen D-Class overtake GenSec and MTF without the weapons. In my opinion D-Class shouldn't even be able to do this much. I hope that D-Class dont get any more weapons to work with...

4. I feel like the riots are actually fairly balanced at the moment.

Mining shouldn't have ever been in the server and it also causes extreme lag and doesn't make sense in rp at all

I mean if you have any other ideas we would gladly look at them. However the mining system has an immense amount of problems and could be considered one of the main causes of lag among other things that regular players had to deal with. I personally do not want to go back to it because of the issues it caused and I don’t believe Igneous wants to either.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

1 hour ago, th3 said:

I mean if you have any other ideas we would gladly look at them. However the mining system has an immense amount of problems and could be considered one of the main causes of lag among other things that regular players had to deal with. I personally do not want to go back to it because of the issues it caused and I don’t believe Igneous wants to either.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

15 hours ago, th3 said:

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro