Custom Class Supervision - Accepted

Retired DoTF Daedran

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? - 

The following discussion is being brought up due to the fact that guidelines, rules, or regulations are being breached, and multiple people find it quite unfair that said regulations are being exploited. Below are going to be some rules and regulations that I will quote, and otherwise provide suggestions to prevent these rules and regulations from being breached, or otherwise exploited.

So, as all of you know by now who are well-versed with the weaponry in the server, that we use the TFA engine for our weaponry, this engine includes  all sorts of ports that will be mentioned. We have a TFA CSGO pack which is a direct port from the weapons in CSGO, and then the Murderthon 9000 (more commonly known as M9K).

The issue that has begun to arise has to do with some of the custom classes that have been purchased within the SCP RP server. While I understand that some people do pay a significant amount of money for certain custom classes to not only support the server, but to have a diversity from other standard classes that can be earned through playing on the server (i.e. Gensec, MTF, etc). But despite all of this there are some guidelines that need to be followed, and said guidelines that will be mentioned have been set in place for a specific reason. 

As some of you may very well know, there are some custom classes that are extremely overpowered to a point where combat is unfair, and favored towards those using said custom class due to them having weaponry they aren't supposed to. What is more unfair in some people's cases is that the custom classes in question are directly related to a branch so they will be able to side with whatever branch that they so desire. 

Most of the weapons that are in question I am quite familiar with, and those weapons being TFA ports from the M9K pack. There are some weapons that are well-balanced, and then there are some weapons that are extremely unfair in combat due to it being one-sided for whoever is holding one of those weapons. The issue starts to arise when not one, but three people are holding one of those weapons that are extremely unfair in combat, making it highly unlikely for anybody to contest them no matter the circumstance. 

Some of these weapons that I am about to list are some of the most broken weapons I'm in regards to damage and efficiency that are these custom classes. I will include both versions of the weapon code, that from the M9K pack, and that from the TFA M9K port pack.

TFA (M9K ports):

tfa_usas | tfa_striker12 | tfa_jackhammer | tfa_spas12 | tfa_famas

M9K (Unported):

m9k_usas | m9k_striker12 | m9k_jackhammer | m9k_spas12 | m9k_famas 

The weapons that are mentioned above are mostly automatic shotguns, although there is one Assault Rifle as well which is the most broken of them. I, nor do other people believe that it is fair in any stretch of the imagination that people are not only requesting the most broken guns out of the M9K pack, but requesting more than one of them, and having multiple people play on said classes that have the unbalanced weapons it. On top of that it is a violation of the custom classes weaponry guidelines due to the fact that it's states that there are supposed to be no M9K weapons included on the job, which I will post below.

Weapons NOT allowed:

Decoy Grenades

High Explosive Grenades

Any unrealistic melee weapons

All M9K weapons

No SCP SWEPs

Any weapons deemed invalid by the manager or owner.

(Original post provided below)

Not only are some of the custom classes getting out of line with fairplay, whether it be due to weaponry or otherwise, there is now more than one player using said class, and more to come from what I am informed.+

Why should we add it? - 

I believe that we should remove the weapons in question (Mainly being the Combat Shotguns) due to the fact that they are extremely overpowered, and only gets more so the more you're up against. It isn't fair to anybody on the receiving end of it because the person holding it is unstoppable, and on top of that it is demoralizing because it's just outright unfair. This goes for all broken weaponry, and I think that a bit more moderation in regards to this should take place. 

What are the advantages of having this? - 

The advantages of removing the combat shotguns from custom classes will not only fix the rule violation, but also make it more fair for general combat and encounters if the custom class is branch based, bringing balance back to role-play combat scenarios.

Who is it mainly for? - All CC owners

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

I know where this is coming from and if the weapon were to be removed then the CC should get a replacement but shouldn't have to pay for the replacement because that's the biggest issue I might have as I don't think the CC's should have to buy another weapon if one of their weapons get's removed.

20 hours ago, LuckyDudeFive said:

I know where this is coming from and if the weapon were to be removed then the CC should get a replacement but shouldn't have to pay for the replacement because that's the biggest issue I might have as I don't think the CC's should have to buy another weapon if one of their weapons get's removed.

But +support from me

Susel - Retired MTF person - "Teamwork makes the dream work"

-Support
That is the point, we all paid large amounts of money to get Custom-created Jobs, we chose the weapons we wanted, because we payed $80 for these jobs. Sure, some of the CC's may be OP, but that's literally the point, and that's why people have to pay money to be able to join that class, as well as the permission of the owner. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif