Ban Appeal

verTix

Steam Name: verTix

Ingame Name: Don't remember

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:58254963

Ban Length: Permanent

Admin that Banned you: ARU Valkyrie

Reason for Ban: DDOS Threats

Dispute: It has been just over two years (06/25/17) since I've been banned. I have changed since, of course, but I would like to shed light on what exactly happened the day I was banned. I had been speaking ill of Valkyrie and a separate admin (I do not remember their name, just that they were 11-12 years old) contacted him via TeamSpeak. He pulled me into a channel and confronted me, at which point I do not remember how the conversation went. I do remember being livid before and after the ban. I was banned for one week on TS and the server for staff disrespect. Knowing that there was really no point in coming back to the server (as I believe some of my whitelists got removed as well) I steam messaged the original admin. I said something along the lines of "You snitch", etc. Fueled by pure teenage angst I told him that I didn't want to come back and to ensure that I didn't come back I said "I will DDOS you/the server" verbatim. There was never any intent to actually do anything harmful. I just said it to solely be banned as I knew of the zero-tolerance policy for such comments.

A lot has changed since then. The community has gotten a lot bigger, to such an extent where I had to connect my Steam with another e-mail entirely because I was unable to use my regular e-mail (it was taken by an old account I probably had).

Regardless, I want to come back and check it out. I understand if this is denied, but it is always worth a shot. 

Thanks for reading.

Hmm... I’ll give it a +support

This happened 2 years ago.

Considering how he still wants to be apart of this community is quite big... 

Everyone Deserves a 2nd Chance.

~Charlie

8 hours ago, Willy said:

+ Support

You've waited a good amount to check yourself on what you said. Good application, I'd like to see you back in the community.

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

I am sorry I've been unable to provide much background on what exactly happened. As stated, it's been two years and unfortunately the words of someone in my position might not sound credible at first glance. I would provide a screenshot of the ban message on Garry's Mod but it has been so long that the reason, time, and date all say "Unknown".

https://i.gyazo.com/d1a0eaec8e223efa6787cc32663602e5.png

Above is the screenshot of my ban (I couldn't find a way to embed it, apologies for the inconvenience)

I believe that the 1969 ban was the result of a re-banning. Shortly after the original ban, all blacklists were reset. The details here were slightly hazy, but I had successfully rejoined the server and TeamSpeak. I had thought I'd been unbanned, so I asked Valkyrie over TS why I'd been unbanned. I was given the reason above (blacklists reset) and accepted the re-ban. The exact conversation details are hazy at best but I don't remember being particularly angry when I was re-blacklisted. I suppose I'd just forgotten about it and went on with my life.

• Fame locked this topic