Getting A little help from Revival RP server (using Revival RP content) - Denied

retroplasma

What you want to see? -  I'd like to see the server use multiple SCP Swep's and Entities from Revivals RP content pack. After downloading it we will be able to use SCP's 860-2, 008, 4000, 1499-1, and 173's Swep, As well as SCP's 294 and 1025's Entities. 

Why should we add it? - Well for starters at will fix 008, will give people the option to add in more creative SCP's and give research more of an advantage to do more... well... research!

What are the advantages of having this? - The advantages of having this Revival RP content is....

+ More possibilities for a wide variety of SCP's.

+ More variety of Research/passive RP can be done.

+ Generally fun for the whole server (not so much for MTF)

- As stated above it my be to much for MTF to handle.

- More content could cause lag.

Who is it mainly for? - Well.. it's for the community in whole.

Links to any content - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1418260298 (only download "Revival SCP Content #1 - #8)

1 hour ago, Berserkrpups said:

There is no reason to take content from any community.
plus we are the best SCPRP server out there as far as I know of

This content wasn't taken it was given to me by the administrator of the server. Also while I agree that we're an amazing server with a great player base I feel like we're not using our full potential with the resources we have. This content would be perfect for passive RP (which we heavily lack on)

32 minutes ago, Kade said:

I am 99.9% sure that SMT/Zeeptin would not put a content pack with another server's name on it into their content packs. Our SMT has the ability to make or hire someone to make sweps.

True.

1 hour ago, Kade said:

I am 99.9% sure that SMT/Zeeptin would not put a content pack with another server's name on it into their content packs. Our SMT has the ability to make or hire someone to make sweps.

Kade go to sleep btw.

Edited by Catsro

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

8 hours ago, Kade said:

Also if thats true why hasn't SMT hired someone to make a working 035 swep? or a working 008 swep? just saying.

8 hours ago, [icOnic] BonkBoeink said:

MASSIVE -SUPPORT

-If this were to happen, zeeptin could be sued for stealing content off of other businesses and making money off of it. Hell no. Do not add this in.

I just want to say that’s completely false, content published on the steam workshop is for public use and while someone can make it for a specific server they agree to steams workshop policies and it becomes public use.

As for the original poster, I don’t know if we’d want to add those because Revival has had if my knowledge is correct customized scps for its map, we fit ours in with the map we use and I don’t believe most of this would work without serious changes being made to our map currently. 

Also keep the arguing down as I dislike seeing that in a suggestion post.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

10 hours ago, Kade said:

Some gensec outfits are from wolfgaming. We are using their playermodel why not?

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

14 minutes ago, retroplasma said:

Just a reminder we would would only use "Revival SCP Content #1 - #8" (no need to download ALL content just the one's stated since they have SCP sweps that we simply don't have.

Why should we take stuff from them? The only reason you state is because they were given to you and you think we could use the help. 

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

On 7/1/2019 at 11:18 PM, th3 said:

Why should we take stuff from them? The only reason you state is because they were given to you and you think we could use the help. 

It's for the betterment of the server. It has multiple WORKING sweps and entities and we should just ignore the opportunity to use them because you thinks is unethical? It's a dog eat dog world out there and we must use everything we can get, at our disposal.  We can let ethics get in the way of PROGRESS my friend...

On 7/1/2019 at 9:14 AM, Kade said:

16 hours ago, retroplasma said:

It's for the betterment of the server. It has multiple WORKING sweps and entities and we should just ignore the opportunity to use them because you thinks is unethical? It's a dog eat dog world out there and we must use everything we can get, at our disposal.  We can let ethics get in the way of PROGRESS my friend...

You know, if we weren't already the top SCP server with 128 people, and already have a significant community, that might be an okay argument since all of the stuff is public use anyway. However, while we do continuously look for ways to better improve the server, that is not the way we would ever go about it.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021