Epsilon-11 Rule Removal Suggestion

Nexieys

What you want to see? - The removal of the  rules, regarding that Epsilon-11 has to be now called in on a low defcon (3/2/1) In lore Epsilon 11 came in when the foundation was in trouble and the defcons were lowered! What is the point of lowering the defcon if Epsilon 11 cannot come in and help because we now have to be requested? I also think Epsilon 11 should be able to go inside of D block if it is defcon 3/2/ and the D block riots are out of control. I think when Secruity request MTF support and Epsilon 11 is already inside the facility we should be allowed to go and help and then leave as we usually did before.

Why should we add it? - So Epsilon 11 can enter when it is defcon 3/2/1 and help the Foundation return to a defcon 4/5. So Epsilon 11 can contain any SCPS breached and assist on anything needed.

What are the advantages of having this? - Epsilon 11 won't have to wait on a call in while it is defcon 3/2/1 I think thats unfair to everyone in Epsilon 11 and its against our SOP which everyone in Epsilon 11 follows.

Who is it mainly for? - Epsilon-11

Edited by Nexieys
  • Like 2
  • Gaminglight Love 2

+1 the other day saw the server reach defcon 3 multiple times and e11 wasn't called in, as a result of this e11 had ZERO ROLEPLAY for 2 hours which cause people to go off the job.If this rule remains E11 will die as a result off having nothing to do for hours.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+Support

The foundation should have automated failsafes in place to call E11  in case everything falls apart. If the ones authorized to call E11 get killed then what? The facility would trigger its automated failsafes when certain safety measures/containment units fail. E11 needing to be called in is pointless and unfair to the branch. It harms their recruitment and activity when they already struggled because of the original DEFCON 3 regulation

Edited by Knuckles
Grammar
  • Sad 1

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

33 minutes ago, Azius said:

+1 the other day saw the server reach defcon 3 multiple times and e11 wasn't called in, as a result of this e11 had ZERO ROLEPLAY for 2 hours which cause people to go off the job.If this rule remains E11 will die as a result off having nothing to do for hours.

Trap.—

giphy.gif

+ Support

The new rule basically neuters E-11. There's no chance for the Branch to expand and grow if "They are not in active RP until they are called in" This effectively gives no incentive for those who have donated for the appreciation of the Server to enjoy their investment. 

For those who states in regard to the "2 Life Rule" this does not bring forward a solution, as it merely passes along the problem to another Branch. The branches need New players, not ones that are already in a branch because it's counter-productive. Ex: Nu7 is flagged up as their Current Job, the Server has 5 Nu7, and DEFCON 3 is called. Now that DEFCON 3 is active E-11 may flag up, this causes 3 of the 5 NU7 to flag to E-11, Still maintaining the overall MTF count to 5. so there is no change, thus making the 2 Life Rule invalid.

For those who states that it's closer to Lore. The server is chop full of Server-Lore. it has made exceptions to all branches, all SCPs, Research, D-Class, etc. So I don't understand why in this case, E-11 is being thrown the book.

This also makes the Job of High Command alot harder as they get questioned, why E-11 hasn't been active. Thus trying to achieve the same results or better, with less supplies.

This has been my TED Talk, Thank you for attending.

• Like 1

[[:: REDACTED Hunter Reaper OM6 // Status_Online ::]]

Confirmed Epsilon-11 Special Forces Kills: 4 // Still waiting for a HaloRP Server.

+Support 

1 minute ago, Kratos™ said:

+ Support

The new rule basically neuters E-11. There's no chance for the Branch to expand and grow if "They are not in active RP until they are called in" This effectively gives no incentive for those who have donated for the appreciation of the Server to enjoy their investment. 

For those who states in regard to the "2 Life Rule" this does not bring forward a solution, as it merely passes along the problem to another Branch. The branches need New players, not ones that are already in a branch because it's counter-productive. Ex: Nu7 is flagged up as their Current Job, the Server has 5 Nu7, and DEFCON 3 is called. Now that DEFCON 3 is active E-11 may flag up, this causes 3 of the 5 NU7 to flag to E-11, Still maintaining the overall MTF count to 5. so there is no change, thus making the 2 Life Rule invalid.

For those who states that it's closer to Lore. The server is chop full of Server-Lore. it has made exceptions to all branches, all SCPs, Research, D-Class, etc. So I don't understand why in this case, E-11 is being thrown the book.

This also makes the Job of High Command alot harder as they get questioned, why E-11 hasn't been active. Thus trying to achieve the same results or better, with less supplies.

Well said and also to note, Epsilon-11 won't have near the strength necessary to actually *help* people when called in if our numbers are so low.

Just here to spread some good news.

Former Epsilon-11 Commander, Mod, Event Team

15 minutes ago, Official Orange said:

+/-
Today I get on and E11 plenty of people on and rping since of the new rules, but I can see it getting boring sitting at your base, I think it would be fine for E11 to go in freely during defcon 2&1 but needing to be called in during a defcon 3.

^This

• Laughing 1

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

1 hour ago, Kratos™ said:

+ Support

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

2 hours ago, Knuckles said:

+Support

The foundation should have automated failsafes in place to call E11  in case everything falls apart. If the ones authorized to call E11 get killed then what? The facility would trigger its automated failsafes when certain safety measures/containment units fail. E11 needing to be called in is pointless and unfair to the branch. It harms their recruitment and activity when they already struggled because of the original DEFCON 3 regulation

@Official Orange @Catsro Have you read this response, this correlates to you all wanting us to get validation to enter during defcon 3. Which is really just weird..

2 minutes ago, Nexieys said:

Literally the only reason they were in on Defcon 3 was because of me giving authorization. The rules as us entering during defcon 3 freely were causing no problems not sure why CI want them changed now and others.. 

The only thing I wanted changed was for E11 to stop watching Gate A like a hawk, because it got completely out of hand. The management team added the part of you guys needing to be called in, no one suggested that part.

1 hour ago, Kratos™ said:

+ Support

1 minute ago, Official Orange said:

The only thing I wanted changed was for E11 to stop watching Gate A like a hawk, because it got completely out of hand. The management team added the part of you guys needing to be called in, no one suggested that part.

Agreed. That rule was supported by me too. But this addition is not.

+Support
Even though E11 is lore-wise stationed off site and off foundation the E-11 base has been moved multiple times due to this. I do agree with CI that if a MTF got killed in a CI raid and is waiting for NLR that they shouldn't call out any base raid from the E11 base, but I feel that E11 should be as autonomous as the CI and other two MTF branches.

• Like 1

-Support

The rule should DEFINITELY stay although i think it should be changed to for defcon 3 or higher they need to be called in, but defcon 2 and lower they should be able to go in without being called in

4 minutes ago, CHIKEN said:

-Support

The rule should DEFINITELY stay although i think it should be changed to for defcon 3 or higher they need to be called in, but defcon 2 and lower they should be able to go in without being called in

Stay why, theres no explanation of reasoning on why we have to be called in during defcon 3. We get complaints of following lore well, this is against lore so now we are complaining.

22 hours ago, Kratos™ said:

+ Support

On 6/30/2019 at 5:36 PM, Official Orange said:

+/-
Today I get on and E11 plenty of people on and rping since of the new rules, but I can see it getting boring sitting at your base, I think it would be fine for E11 to go in freely during defcon 2&1 but needing to be called in during a defcon 3.

I like this

Retired E11 Commander Polar

Doctor L

1 hour ago, [icOnic] BonkBoeink said:

-Support

-In lore they are to be called in. Not just enter out of random.

False. In lore when the facility has gone to SH** Epsilon - 11 would be called in by automated failsafes.  Because if the facility is in trouble who's gonna have time to call a branch to enter?! You're gonna be defending yourself!

• Manager

+Support

I like this because it can get boring just sitting there and they can be actively patrolling if they had the option to enter at random, and if they see that the Facility needs help then they can come in and help, sometimes the facility may forget about them, and they just sit there asking for permission to come in but everyone ignores it.

Edited by Mr. NoPlay

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)