Banned For Criticism

Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff

Steam Name: Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff

Ingame Name: Slightly Dissapointed Duff

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:116585733

Ban Length: 2 Days

Admin that Banned you: Willy King

Reason for Ban: NCWS x3 | JMT Diss | Staff Duss | Chanting 'Willy needs to be fired' | Appeal on gaminglight.com

Dispute: I believe that I was wrongly banned. The reasons for my ban aren't wholly true. I had witnessed 2 people get banned within a few minutes of each other with the main reason being "Staff Diss." I then typed "Oh no someone said a mean thing" into the chat and was swiftly yelled at by Willy King. I then asked why what I said even mattered and was yelled at once again. As I have experienced situations on multiple servers that ban mainly for "Staff Diss," I understood that criticism could fit into that category, which it shouldn't. I then posted another message in chat which read: "yeah but if there's literally a rule that makes it so you can't even criticize without getting in trouble you could understand how some people could get mad." I was yelled at previously for mocking the rules, and simply saying that some people could get mad over a rule is by no means mocking. After I posted the previous message, Willy said, "What did I just say duff." I then tried to explain to him that my previous statement was clearly not a mockery of the server rules, but an explanation that some people may get mad over those rules. I was trying to have a normal conversation, but Willy, who had already banned 2 people in the last 10 or so minutes, was just looking for another ban it seems. After my explanation, I was yelled at once again. This time, by both Willy King and Calamity. I realized that maybe they didn't want me to start drama with the whole server, as everything I had said up until this point had been in OOC chat. So, I decided to PM Willy King about my problem. The message wrote: "how the hell is criticism disrespect? If the world worked like that nobody could have opinions... ???." After waiting a few minutes with no reply, I decided to post the message in OOC so it would actually be read. After repeating myself in OOC chat, I still was not replied to. At the time, I had a friend on the server who has had bad experiences with said admin and does not personally like him. To make him laugh, I said "Willy needs to be fired!" twice. I do believe Willy took this personally, but he did not discuss it with me. That was never my intention. I was simply doing it to make my friend laugh. That is the only part of the ban reason that is actually true. Shortly after, both Willy and Calamity teleported to me, with Willy verbally punishing me first. He said that I was asked to stop, which I did, but he claims that I didn't stop mocking the rules. I then said to him, "Are you that light-skinned?" This was not meant as a racist remark. I tripped over my words in the video and didn't mean for it to come out that way. I meant to say, "Are you that thin-skinned," which meant that I was asking him if he could take criticism. I then told him verbally that if you ignore your community and the people who regularly play on your server, tell them to shut up and threaten to ban them for criticism, and give them no respect whatsoever, that the server would die out and it wouldn't be the server's fault. I added that I have seen this happen from past experiences, which is true. Calamity then told me that I dissed Willy which was completely wrong and could have been a misunderstanding. Willy then warned me and made it seem like that's all that would happen, until I was banned just moments later for the same reason I was warned. I was only warned once before I was banned. I don't believe that your server policies line up with that. I wasn't even given a second chance after the warning. I was banned just a few minutes after I had received it. I hope you will consider this unban, as I love playing on the server and want to continue to do so. I am a recent donator to the server and have been enjoying my donator perks. I was considering donating more so I could upgrade to VIP+, which would allow me to be able to enjoy my time better, but this has made me reconsider that thought. I have a recording of the whole incident and everything leading up to it if you do happen to need it for proof.
Thank you for reading,
Duff

You were quite disrespectful after I told you to stop yelling in OOC about a rule and then started chanting “Willy needs to be fired in front of people”. It then comes to the confrontation that I stand behind my ban for. You tried to convince me that you could say anything and it was criticism, so you become cussing at me and DISRESPECTING me. Like this, “How f******* lightskin do you have to be to not understand the rules.” You then still to go and rant about the situation. So at this moment, you have NCWS 3x due to the fact I told you a nice 4-5 times to stop in OOC defending a guy that was mass dissing everyone calling it criticism. Myself and Calamity were telling you to stop but you didn’t. The entire night you were minging around and you kept making fun of me..... you thought it was funny wasting my time in situations like these. It really shows how you and your friend role plays because your friend an hour after you were banned, I had to ban for Mass RDM and many other things for a week. For the “policy” a ban is under the the staff member. I had to warn you previously and you kept having problems with staff. Also, I don’t have to ban people, It was only Me and @Calamity taking dozens of sits. The only reason I talked to you about the oh no someone said a mean thing was because you’ve been mocking the rules and staff ever since you got here in his community. You’re pretty disrespectful, not a critic and you’re sarcastic to the point where it’s not needed and disrespectful. Also this report is easily exaggerated from “I didn’t even have a second after the ban”, from where the warn and ban came a decent amount of time apart and you also had a time to ask me what NCWS. Also the only reason we should unban you at this point is because you want to buy VIP+? Im standing behind this one, because we don’t ban people for no reason and it’s frustrating when you try to defend people that call you the N word and Micspam and tell you many more crappy things someone shouldn’t hear on a daily basis. You were only adding fuel to that fire. 

Update: If that lightskin remark wasn't really really racist then what is it, criticism? Everything you do or say you say it's criticism, which is false and doesn't get you a free pass to say anything. As well, you never gave me an inch of respect so how can I help you in the future if you have no respect for staff members.

-Support

Edited by Willy

21 minutes ago, Willy said:

You were quite disrespectful after I told you to stop yelling in OOC about a rule and then started chanting “Willy needs to be fired in front of people”. It then comes to the confrontation that I stand behind my ban for. You tried to convince me that you could say anything and it was criticism, so you become cussing at me and DISRESPECTING me. Like this, “How f******* lightskin do you have to be to not understand the rules.” You then still to go and rant about the situation. So at this moment, you have NCWS 3x due to the fact I told you a nice 4-5 times to stop in OOC defending a guy that was mass dissing everyone calling it criticism. Myself and Calamity were telling you to stop but you didn’t. The entire night you were minging around and you kept making fun of me..... you thought it was funny wasting my time in situations like these. It really shows how you and your friend role plays because your friend an hour after you were banned, I had to ban for Mass RDM and many other things for a week. For the “policy” a ban is under the the staff member. I had to warn you previously and you kept having problems with staff. Also, I don’t have to ban people, It was only Me and @Calamity taking dozens of sits. The only reason I talked to you about the oh no someone said a mean thing was because you’ve been mocking the rules and staff ever since you got here in his community. You’re pretty disrespectful, not a critic and you’re sarcastic to the point where it’s not needed and disrespectful. Also this report is easily exaggerated from “I didn’t even have a second after the ban”, from where the warn and ban came a decent amount of time apart and you also had a time to ask me what NCWS. Also the only reason we should unban you at this point is because you want to buy VIP+? Im standing behind this one, because we don’t ban people for no reason and it’s frustrating when you try to defend people that call you the N word and Micspam and tell you many more crappy things someone shouldn’t hear on a daily basis. You were only adding fuel to that fire. 

Update: If that lightskin remark wasn't really really racist then what is it, criticism? Everything you do or say you say it's criticism, which is false and doesn't get you a free pass to say anything.

-Support

-support

f*** you sorry just criticizing you

Let me get one thing straight: If you were being yelled at multiple times for something super insignificant and then yelled at again for more things that aren’t even against the rules, you would be mad too. Yes, when we talked verbally, I wasn’t very respectful. If I thought you should have been treated with respect in that moment, I would have treated you as such. But since you have shown me and my friend 0 respect and 0 tolerance, I’m sorry, but I cannot offer it to you. Also, I did NOT try to pass off everything as criticism. Yes, if I went out and said that the server sucked and that all the rules sucked or something along those lines, that wouldn’t be criticism. I didn’t say anything along those lines. I simply said “If you have a rule that can get people in trouble for criticism, you can see how people can get mad.” You then proceeded to yell at me further, even though it broke ZERO rules. I was not defending the guy. I believe that a diss shouldn’t be a bannable offense in the first place. Even though I believe that, people still shouldn’t diss the server and such in the first place. As I tried to say verbally to you, if you are a mod/admin and you can’t take a bit of verbal abuse and/or criticism, you shouldn’t be in the position you are in. There are mods/admins that I respect because they respect me. They don’t get enraged by a little criticism and/or hurtful comment. To make sure I have this PERFECTLY clear, I am NOT saying criticism and verbal abuse are the same thing. But a lot of staff members in various servers try to fit criticism into the diss category. I do not believe what you said: “The only reason I talked to you about the oh no someone said a mean thing was because you’ve been mocking the rules and staff ever since you got here in his community.” My friend and I have both witnessed you disrespect fellow players and show 0 tolerance regardless of whether or not it was their first offense or their hundredth. Yes, I will admit to making fun of you. I had never dealt with you personally but I had heard stories from many people about you treating them poorly. Here’s what I said: “My willy is very bad.” If you can’t handle something that is obviously just a joke, leave your position. Also, do you call having fun “minging?” I said “I’m totally an admin guys.” I was yelled at multiple times and taunted by calamity. It is CLEARLY a joke. I believe that you and calamity take things to the extreme. If you don’t let people have fun on YOUR server, YOUR server will die out. Also, I was never asking to be unbanned because I was going to donate. I was just pointing out that my bad experience with you probably just cost the server money. I never said “I didn’t even have a second after the warning.” I said “I only had a few minutes after the warning.” The 2 or so minutes after the warning then gave me time to ask you what NCWS meant. I have it all on video so you can’t stretch anything out to fit your story better. The video will be uploaded to YouTube later today and I will post the link in a reply.

2 minutes ago, Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff said:

Let me get one thing straight: If you were being yelled at multiple times for something super insignificant and then yelled at again for more things that aren’t even against the rules, you would be mad too. Yes, when we talked verbally, I wasn’t very respectful. If I thought you should have been treated with respect in that moment, I would have treated you as such. But since you have shown me and my friend 0 respect and 0 tolerance, I’m sorry, but I cannot offer it to you. Also, I did NOT try to pass off everything as criticism. Yes, if I went out and said that the server sucked and that all the rules sucked or something along those lines, that wouldn’t be criticism. I didn’t say anything along those lines. I simply said “If you have a rule that can get people in trouble for criticism, you can see how people can get mad.” You then proceeded to yell at me further, even though it broke ZERO rules. I was not defending the guy. I believe that a diss shouldn’t be a bannable offense in the first place. Even though I believe that, people still shouldn’t diss the server and such in the first place. As I tried to say verbally to you, if you are a mod/admin and you can’t take a bit of verbal abuse and/or criticism, you shouldn’t be in the position you are in. There are mods/admins that I respect because they respect me. They don’t get enraged by a little criticism and/or hurtful comment. To make sure I have this PERFECTLY clear, I am NOT saying criticism and verbal abuse are the same thing. But a lot of staff members in various servers try to fit criticism into the diss category. I do not believe what you said: “The only reason I talked to you about the oh no someone said a mean thing was because you’ve been mocking the rules and staff ever since you got here in his community.” My friend and I have both witnessed you disrespect fellow players and show 0 tolerance regardless of whether or not it was their first offense or their hundredth. Yes, I will admit to making fun of you. I had never dealt with you personally but I had heard stories from many people about you treating them poorly. Here’s what I said: “My willy is very bad.” If you can’t handle something that is obviously just a joke, leave your position. Also, do you call having fun “minging?” I said “I’m totally an admin guys.” I was yelled at multiple times and taunted by calamity. It is CLEARLY a joke. I believe that you and calamity take things to the extreme. If you don’t let people have fun on YOUR server, YOUR server will die out. Also, I was never asking to be unbanned because I was going to donate. I was just pointing out that my bad experience with you probably just cost the server money. I never said “I didn’t even have a second after the warning.” I said “I only had a few minutes after the warning.” The 2 or so minutes after the warning then gave me time to ask you what NCWS meant. I have it all on video so you can’t stretch anything out to fit your story better. The video will be uploaded to YouTube later today and I will post the link in a reply.

dude just get the video ffs and be over with it

Edited by Wezzy

5 minutes ago, Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff said:

Just get the video, lots of this is exaggerated. Also, if I treat people poorly there would've been staff report upon staff reports on me. So get the video, and stop replying.

Edited by Willy

1 minute ago, Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff said:

Wezzy I’m not home right now... How do you expect me to upload a video I don’t have access to?

then just stop replying or bring it to pms this a ban appeal not a argument 

-support

Holy. Merciful. Poseidon. Your attitude in this is bad enough, add to that what you were saying in game?  Heh, call it criticism all you want.  I call it extreme disrespect.  And that is not tolerated here, no matter WHO is doing it and who they're doing it to.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Big - Support

9 hours ago, Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff said:

I had witnessed 2 people get banned within a few minutes of each other with the main reason being "Staff Diss." I then typed "Oh no someone said a mean thing" into the chat 

So you instigated a problem for no reason, got it.

As I have experienced situations on multiple servers that ban mainly for "Staff Diss," I understood that criticism could fit into that category, which it shouldn't

Starting a problem by targeting current staff online, and constructive criticism aiming to improve the server are 2 VERY different things. You went with the former.

"how the hell is criticism disrespect? If the world worked like that nobody could have opinions... ???."

Again, starting an issue in OOC and continuously arguing with staff is different from an opinion.

I said "Willy needs to be fired!" twice.

This is disrespect, NOT criticism

threaten to ban them for criticism

Not a single thing you have said in your appeal is anything close to criticism.

Calamity then told me that I dissed Willy which was completely wrong and could have been a misunderstanding.

Look 2 quotes up.

I don't believe that your server policies line up with that.

Our server policies state that staff have the right to issue the punishment the feel appropriate for the situation. You constantly poked, pushed and disrespected Willy until he snapped, and gave you a (very lenient if you ask me) 2 day ban. Throughout the entire sit, and this entire post, you've failed to take any responsibility for your actions, fended ignorance and played the victim card. If anything, I feel this ban should be extended. I'm almost excited to see the video 

• Laughing 1

Shmoopy you are ignoring the fact that I in fact did take responsibility for my actions. I also clarified some things as most of you don’t properly understand what I said before. Read up on the second post I made and then I’ll consider what you said.

Edited by Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff
Clarification

- Support

Nah dude, you were not banned for your criticism, you were banned for disrespecting Willy saying "Willy should be fired" etc, that disrespect is not tolerated at all my dude. Also do not diss the server, you literally said the server is trash before you were banned. People get this wrong so much, we have a line between general criticism and just plain out just dissing staff/the server. You need to learn about that for life, or you will spend your whole life in these situations. He banned you for two days my dude, really? That should've been a perma ban. 

Also correction for what you said: After the sit me and Willy were spectating you and you just disrespected him so much behind his back. He is one of the most hard working staff members on the team, check your attitude before you even think of coming back on the server my man. 

P.S this is going to get automatically declined if you do not provide evidence of any sort. 

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

10 minutes ago, Calamity said:

- Support

Nah dude, you were not banned for your criticism, you were banned for disrespecting Willy saying "Willy should be fired" etc, that disrespect is not tolerated at all my dude. Also do not diss the server, you literally said the server is trash before you were banned. People get this wrong so much, we have a line between general criticism and just plain out just dissing staff/the server. You need to learn about that for life, or you will spend your whole life in these situations. He banned you for two days my dude, really? That should've been a perma ban. 

Also correction for what you said: After the sit me and Willy were spectating you and you just disrespected him so much behind his back. He is one of the most hard working staff members on the team, check your attitude before you even think of coming back on the server my man. 

P.S this is going to get automatically declined if you do not provide evidence of any sort. 

10 minutes ago, Calamity said:

- Support

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

1 hour ago, Calamity said:

- Support

Calamity since you are showing me some respect, I will show you some in return. I understand why I was banned now. You clarified things without screaming at me or making fun of me like the rest did. I will still upload the video, but as of now I do not expect it to be accepted. I apologize for all the trouble I caused and will try my best in the future to never do it again. 

My friend was in a Discord call with me during the recording of the video. He did not consent to being in the video and requested that I blur his name and mute his voice throughout the video. I did my best to keep anything important still in the video while still respecting his privacy.

Video link: 

(If you're watching it right after I posted it will bad bad quality since it's still processing)

1 minute ago, Twitch.tv/GFG_Duff said:

My friend was in a Discord call with me during the recording of the video. He did not consent to being in the video and requested that I blur his name and mute his voice throughout the video. I did my best to keep anything important still in the video while still respecting his privacy.

Video link: 

Put my voice and name in it. I want everyone to see the entire thing....

2 minutes ago, Wezzy said:

give the unedited version of video

Everything that was listed as a part of the story in my post and Willy's is included in this video.

My friend had nothing to do with the incident and would like to stay out of it. I did all of the editing because of his request.

You need the raw footage. You cut your voice and audio. 

{ 𝒥𝑒𝒹𝒾 𝓋𝓈 𝒮𝒾𝓉𝒽 | 𝒟𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒽 𝑅𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃 }

{ 𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁𝑅𝒫 | 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓈𝒽𝒶𝓁 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 - 𝟧𝟢𝟣𝓈𝓉 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 - 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒜𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓁 }

{ 𝒞𝒲 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒𝑅𝒫 | 𝐿𝒾𝑒𝓊𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 }

{ 𝑀𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓎𝑅𝒫 | 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒰𝒮𝒜𝐹 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁 }

• Fame locked this topic