Bubba's Lockdown Cooldown Request - Denied

Bubba1

What do you want to see? - A cooldown or set time for lockdowns. 

Why should we add it? - Lockdowns are sometimes abused and are in effect for way too long. Dclass complain about it alot, and they call rdm for it a lot

What are the advantages of having this? - dclass dont complain as much, and it gives new players time to adjust and not just think this is what the server is

Who is it mainly for? - dclass and security

Links to any content - 

8 minutes ago, War Gamer said:

-support If we had that there would be no security AT ALL because D Class will just wait down the lockdown and then coordinate a riot and then we can do anything 

Yes it may be boring for new players who join but when we dont have them for full we can just be rushed in the cooldown but then during the cooldowns when they mass riot we cant do anything so we sit in a TDM game until it comes back, its only 5 minutes and it only activates for massive riots, and for partial we NEED that otherwise it will just be always full lockdowns

Edited by Rangiatea

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

-Support

11 hours ago, Rangiatea said:

Yes it may be boring for new players who join but when we dont have them for full we can just be rushed in the cooldown but then during the cooldowns when they mass riot we cant do anything so we sit in a TDM game until it comes back, its only 5 minutes and it only activates for massive riots, and for partial we NEED that otherwise it will just be always full lockdowns

The lockdowns are being called for a reason, I've even had days where the MTF have to play TDM against D-Class in LCZ even if there was a lockdown. 

- Support

Lockdowns are one of the few effective tools GENSEC has for stopping riots. Full lockdowns are held for a maximum of 5 minutes at a time, unless authorized longer by a Site Admin. 

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

On 6/23/2019 at 12:05 PM, Rookieblue said:

- Support

Lockdowns are one of the few effective tools GENSEC has for stopping riots. Full lockdowns are held for a maximum of 5 minutes at a time, unless authorized longer by a Site Admin. 

Also imagine this. 10 minutes of rioting. And gensec can't sit any d-class til the pull a weapon out. Or cuz the line. Amish improve to defend. Also as d-class have no nlr. Then also, it would become a Devin 1 because d-class would beach scp's.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

Imagine this - new player gets on but lockdown is active ok. they wait 5 minutes and its over - finally i can see what this server is about. 2 minutes passed and another magnetic lockdown is called. Most would leave at this point instead of staying.

Funny thing is - Magnetic lockdown was called 4 times in 30 minutes 2 days ago - leaving D-Class sitting in their cells for 20 minutes doing nothing. This can ward off a lot of New Players who only have access to D-Class.

+Support

Sometimes GenSec needs it, but other times its abused way too much.

Eh, the issue with my response as it may agitate both sides.  

I will -1 for the time being.  

4 hours ago, Dcethe said:

Funny thing is - Magnetic lockdown was called 4 times in 30 minutes 2 days ago - leaving D-Class sitting in their cells for 20 minutes doing nothing. This can ward off a lot of New Players who only have access to D-Class.

+Support

Sometimes GenSec needs it, but other times its abused way too much.

You could argue this, but I could equally argue that GENSEC had no choice because the riots were extreme yesterday, some of the worse we have seen and they were never-ending.  What choice does GENSEC have when they are rushed constantly while Class-D have no NLR and are lead by a sledgehammer-wielding Russian, which by the way does 150 damage per hit and usually negates what armor you have.  Lockdowns are what help GENSEC when they have no other options, you really cannot blame them with their weapons nerfed and Class-D given countless buffs in the forms of custom classes.

On 6/22/2019 at 6:07 PM, Bubba1 said:

What are the advantages of having this? - dclass dont complain as much, and it gives new players time to adjust and not just think this is what the server is

Not to be that guy, but you really think Class-D will stop complaining?  Like, seriously?  Not to be harsh or rude in my criticisms, but in the words of Thomas Sowell, "It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."  Class-D will not suffer from this change despite them being the biggest cause.  After all, it is the actions of Class-D with the constant riots, the ability to kill a GENSEC with two to three hits with a knife that result in these lockdowns.  As I said, not to be harsh or rude, but why leave this decision in the hands of the aggressors who will only benefit and leave the rest of the roleplay community such as MTF, GENSEC, and especially Research to be hung up to die as rotting corpses as no one will play as them?  

I think my biggest criticism comes from this, the gamemode is called SCP-RP, otherwise, Secure. Contain. Protect. Roleplay, not bloody Breach Containments and Get Free EXP RP.  Forcing cooldowns upon an already hurting branch of the Foundation because you "think" it will help them (spoiler alert, it will not, because you stripped them of their greatest power), you are doing a disservice to everyone who desires to RP seriously on the server.  Do not get me wrong, some people in Class-D are serious, the rest, taken from another quote, this time from Sir Alec Guinness, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."  Class-D are too minge-filled, too chaotic, too dangerous to be given this flaunt of disregard for roleplay.  

So once again, I do not support this.  I give a -1 until either two things occur. 1) Class-D no longer riot as they do, leaving Research and GENSEC to die because of their imprudent behavior and lack of care for the purpose of the gamemode and thus, the server, or 2) Bring proof it is abused and then staff can handle it accordingly, because right now, this seems moreover an attempt to gain free EXP and complain about insecurities rather than you joining a different job on the server.  

Edited by Emperor Palpy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Emperor Palpy said:

Eh, the issue with my response as it may agitate both sides.  

I will -1 for the time being.  

You could argue this, but I could equally argue that GENSEC had no choice because the riots were extreme yesterday, some of the worse we have seen and they were never-ending.  What choice does GENSEC have when they are rushed constantly while Class-D have no NLR and are lead by a sledgehammer-wielding Russian, which by the way does 150 damage per hit and usually negates what armor you have.  Lockdowns are what help GENSEC when they have no other options, you really cannot blame them with their weapons nerfed and Class-D given countless buffs in the forms of custom classes.

Not to be that guy, but you really think Class-D will stop complaining?  Like, seriously?  Not to be harsh or rude in my criticisms, but in the words of Thomas Sowell, "It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."  Class-D will not suffer from this change despite them being the biggest cause.  After all, it is the actions of Class-D with the constant riots, the ability to kill a GENSEC with two to three hits with a knife that result in these lockdowns.  As I said, not to be harsh or rude, but why leave this decision in the hands of the aggressors who will only benefit and leave the rest of the roleplay community such as MTF, GENSEC, and especially Research to be hung up to die as rotting corpses as no one will play as them?  

I think my biggest criticism comes from this, the gamemode is called SCP-RP, otherwise, Secure. Contain. Protect. Roleplay, not bloody Breach Containments and Get Free EXP RP.  Forcing cooldowns upon an already hurting branch of the Foundation because you "think" it will help them (spoiler alert, it will not, because you stripped them of their greatest power), you are doing a disservice to everyone who desires to RP seriously on the server.  Do not get me wrong, some people in Class-D are serious, the rest, taken from another quote, this time from Sir Alec Guinness, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."  Class-D are too minge-filled, too chaotic, too dangerous to be given this flaunt of disregard for roleplay.  

So once again, I do not support this.  I give a -1 until either two things occur. 1) Class-D no longer riot as they do, leaving Research and GENSEC to die because of their imprudent behavior and lack of care for the purpose of the gamemode and thus, the server, or 2) Bring proof it is abused and then staff can handle it accordingly, because right now, this seems moreover an attempt to gain free EXP and complain about insecurities rather than you joining a different job on the server.  

oppenheimer is always right 

Change da world, my final message

goodb ye

-1 lockdowns are needed for researchers to actually rp since class d riot 24/7 and it's not like we have a rogue faction raiding the facility on a daily right?

• Like 1

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif