Ramon - False warn report

andrewchynd

Your In-game: Andrew

Your SteamID:STEAM_0:0:80806137

The admin's name in-game: Ramon 

The admin's steam name (If you know it): 

What warning did you receive: Demoting while staff is on

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1774874927

Why do you think this warn was false: I had no prior knowledge of this rule until I was warned, it is nowhere to be seen on the forums but I've been told it is on the Staff Handbook which as regular players we are not obligated to read.  This too was not the most well taken sit, in saying this, there was no sit.  A warn from nowhere.  Some Senior Moderators I spoke to said it should have been handled with a sit and so did the offender and a Super Admin.  Most also agreed it should have been in the MOTD but stated it was "common sense" which obviously it isn't as apparently many get warned for this.  

What I would like out of this is for the warn to be removed and this rule to be written In the MOTD so others won't be hard done by in the future.

Any extra information: 

proof of ramon agreeing with mistake: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1774875293

Jeff stating the mistake: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1774907205

apology from Ramon: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1774907288

+/- support 

Situation: Andrew called me to a sit about a fail base, while i was dealing with that he said that the president was afk and if i can demote him. I told him I would deal with it after the sit. there was 40+ people on and I was the only staff member on. During that sit 3-4 other sits popped up. So after I told Andrew to resume RP, i took another sit. During that second sit, Zage put on admin chat,  warn Andrew for demoting with staff on, so since I was the only staff member on, and there was 4 sits including the one I was on, I demoted Andrew without a sit. I also figured it wasn't as serious because not only did I get warned for doing the same thing prior without a sit, but also because Andrew has 8 weeks of game time, so I figured he new of this rule. 

To his defense I then apologized for not taking him to a sit, told him to appeal it on the forums so I would give context to the situation. That being said I believe the warn should be kept, because he did demote someone with staff on. If anything this should be a report against me for not taking him to a sit. Regardless if I would have taken him to a sit or not, I would have still warned him. 

-/+ support

Isn't in MOTD but you have been around long enough to know

Advertised warn appeal 

Edited by Sion

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

I don't usually post to the forums but here is my insight on this

The MOTD is meant to be read by everyone and has the whole list of everything including rules, police mumbojumbo, and other stuff that 95% of players dont read. The other 5% do infact read it, and if the rule is not in the MOTD, how are they suppose to know its a rule? That's like punishing a kid for something you never told them wasn't allowed. Not to mention other popular servers allow demotions even with staff on so it is possible he didn't know or mistook other rules for this.

All in all I think the warn is garbage because it's not in the rules and if he didn't know (because its not in the MOTD) he should have been told beforehand, and if he did it again a warn. 

Thats my 2 cents

2 hours ago, Quangasaurusrex said:

I don't usually post to the forums but here is my insight on this

The MOTD is meant to be read by everyone and has the whole list of everything including rules, police mumbojumbo, and other stuff that 95% of players dont read. The other 5% do infact read it, and if the rule is not in the MOTD, how are they suppose to know its a rule? That's like punishing a kid for something you never told them wasn't allowed. Not to mention other popular servers allow demotions even with staff on so it is possible he didn't know or mistook other rules for this.

All in all I think the warn is garbage because it's not in the rules and if he didn't know (because its not in the MOTD) he should have been told beforehand, and if he did it again a warn. 

Thats my 2 cents

^^

SCP-RP: CI 2LT | SEC 2LT | Lumberjack Union Chief Logging Operator, S4 Avium SL1 | Retired Research Supervisor | Retired CI 2LT, 1LT | 2x Former SEC 1LT, Retired CPT Former WC Nemesis | Former Nu7 HFTO MAJ/A3 Tesla | Retired Admin

CCs: MTF Rev 26 'Vigilant Hero' | Vonzen Plushie | STARS | D-9177 'The Pill' | CI TF2 Heavy

Achievements: Staff Of The Month | 11x Staff Of The Week

- / + 

Demoting is a unspoken rule.

Usually conducted by staff or Command of said department which person is afk on. 

Its staff who should conduct the demote if it is president as they can double check.

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png

- Support

Yeah no, if staff tells you don't do it, you don't do it. It's in the rules that the staff member has the final say in the sit so it doesn't matter if "only staff and command can demote" is in the rules or not. Listen to the staff and don't do it. Only ss command and staff can demote the president. Not the staff members fault for saying to you "don't demote the president" and you do it.

You are not obligated to read the staff handbook, but be smart and actually read it so you don't get warned, be smart, not lazy. With the staff member not taking you into a sit is an issue, but you still deserved the warn.

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

On 6/25/2019 at 12:16 AM, Calamity said:

- Support

Yeah no, if staff tells you don't do it, you don't do it. It's in the rules that the staff member has the final say in the sit so it doesn't matter if "only staff and command can demote" is in the rules or not. Listen to the staff and don't do it. Only ss command and staff can demote the president. Not the staff members fault for saying to you "don't demote the president" and you do it.

You are not obligated to read the staff handbook, but be smart and actually read it so you don't get warned, be smart, not lazy. With the staff member not taking you into a sit is an issue, but you still deserved the warn.

100% Agree with Calamity on this one

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

Accepted

Go into the ban panel (at the top it says ban) sign in, go to your profile, go to your warn and click appeal. Fill the information out and in the description put the link to this in it.