First Warning for Misaligned Actions

Emperor Palpy

Staff Name: Rektify

Your In-Game Name: Dr. Charles Anborough (Oppenheimer)

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:89031004

Admin In-Game Name: MTF A1 LCPL Rektify LC3

Admin Steam Name: Unknown at this time

What warning did you receive?: Beating Class-D as SCP-912 (Not Threatening)

Evidence of the Warn (Required) 

Why do you think this warn was false: While I understand that no one is perfect and I certainly do believe that I was in the wrong to a degree, I feel that this warn, that being my first ever warn either with !warn or verbally, was mishandled due to circumstances outside of my control as well as being on the basis that my actions replicate countless others who I have observed and they themselves have yet to be warned.  It all started really when I began to play as SCP-912 as I had never done so...it was to my knowledge that SCP-912 was to assist GENSEC in keeping Class-D personnel contained and controlled.  As I have never RPed as SCP-912, I modeled my actions after previous SCP-912 players as, once again, this was the first time I played as SCP-912.  It was after three tests with some Junior Researchers that I found I was alone in defending D-Block.  This is where the issues really begin.  As I acted as previous people had done, I was greeted by three Class-D attempting to flee.  One ran back after seeing me, the others getting past...I found I was unable to cuff either so I pulled out my stun stick and began to hit them.  One died rather quickly, the second eventually pulling a knife and tried to fight.  I returned, still no GENSEC present at D-Block, so I continued business as usual.  A player named Ahir, who played as SCP-999 then began to act as staff, claiming I was RDMing Class-D and then began to combat heal a Class-D as I started to combat against another Class-D who ran into the security checkpoint.  He had a knife out, however by the time I managed to end his escape attempt, he yelled that he put away his weapon and that I RDMed.  I will point out here, no one was contacting staff so I believed I was doing what was required of me.  After a few more issues regarding Class-D, I was brought into a staff with Rektify and Ahir after asking that staff handle Ahir acting as if he himself was staff.  

This was really where I felt consideration wasn't taken.  I have never minged, nor have I gone out of my way to cause any mischief, and thus, I have never been warned.  I supposed you could say that it is my fault as the player, yes, for failing to understand SCP-912 more, however, if I remain honest to myself and everyone else, I only mimicked behavior I believed acceptable.  I suppose that, however, staff must do what is required of them and thus, rather than a verbal warning, I was given a full warning.  My only desire was that it was taken into consideration that I had never gotten into any form of trouble before since I joined the server.   

Any extra information:  I hold nothing of this against the staff nor the other players and I accept whatever consequences remain should this be denied.  I only apologize for my imprudent behavior as SCP-912 by not reading more into the rules regarding the SCP and mimicking my behavior off others who I deemed to be appropriate rather than acting as my own individual.  

image.png

+/Support

The Staff member in my eyes from the story jumped to instantly punishing you

41 minutes ago, [icOnic] BonkBoeink said:

The Staff Member Obviously Rushed The Sit Due to not Minging you.

Staff doesn't have to jump straight to minging if it wasn't that serious.  ^

I will pull a quote directly from the staff handbook clearly stated under the Punishment section:

Not all situations require punishments. Some staff may decide to let players off, while others may feel they need to punish. This is the call of the staff member and should be done by a case by case basis. Keep in mind before issuing a punishment that the player may not have known of the rule and did it unknowingly. However other players may have done it on purpose. Also the phrase "It's not in the rules so that I can do it" is not an excuse and is not acceptable.

From my point of view, I would have verbally warned you although I understand that it was probably extremely overwhelming to be the only player guarding D-Block which in my eyes is perfectly fine of what you did.

- Staff have discretion over some punishments that aren't clearly stated in the handbook 

Overall I think that you should be relieved of this warn but you should always double check to see the rules or ask a staff member about what you can/can't do while on a specific job you are unsure about. 

Big Body Tony

spacer.png

@Rektify Deez Nutz

Also you should be familiar with the rules of the job you are hopping on to play instead of assuming other players conduct is appropriate. And its really up to the staff member if they wanted to either verbally warn you or actually warn you there is no mandate that someone must be verbally warned first.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

You said it was out of your control and that you modeled your actions based on others that have played 912 but in the rules, it states "You can only attack non-foundation armed guards only if they have a weapon visible". In this situation, I watched you attack an escaping D class that had no weapon whatsoever. Just because others have done it in the past, and have not been warned, does not mean that it follows the server's rules. The knife, however, is obviously acceptable. Also, I gave you the warning because you have been on the server for a while. Meaning you should already know the rules and how it applies. It was based on this that I decided to give you a full warning. 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

-support Oppen you should've known the rules of 912 as you have been here for a while. also it doesn't matter if the D class look Sus. you dont attack unless they pull out fists or weapons

Retired DHOS in General Security of Site 5 - Negev man, CI abuser ---                                                                            Current 501st HVYL VCMDR

2 hours ago, JJWCKK said:

-support Oppen you should've known the rules of 912 as you have been here for a while. also it doesn't matter if the D class look Sus. you dont attack unless they pull out fists or weapons

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

On 6/18/2019 at 1:08 AM, [icOnic] BonkBoeink said:

The Staff Member Obviously Rushed The Sit Due to not Minging you.

Staff are not required to minge people.

Though it is staff’s discretion, I believe a verbal should’ve been in place instead of this due to your history. However, I do not think the warn is false so +/- support.