Rule about shooting windows - Denied

Hannah

What you want to see? - rule being added about buttons and spamming / having a timer for how long they have to hold the button for so like 4/5 secs i think would be fair 

Why should we add it? -  i think this should be added because the new basing update  these shooting windows  could be easily abused  

What are the advantages of having this? -Balances everything out for raiders/gov   

Who is it mainly for? - raiders/gov

Links to any content - 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

- Support

Impossible to enforce the rule, no one is counting, not necessary. I am pretty sure SMT would have already added this rule in if they did not feel like it was fit. It's also the whole point of using a button to open fading windows quickly and close them.

Edited by Calamity

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

1 hour ago, Calamity said:

- Support

Impossible to enforce the rule, no one is counting, not necessary. I am pretty sure SMT would have already added this rule in if they did not feel like it was fit. It's also the whole point of using a button to open fading windows quickly and close them.

i don't think you understand the advantage you have if you spam abuse it ig i am old school when everything was about skill and  not hiding   , and this isn't just a gov thing this  also makes raiding pointless because it's 2 shots with an awp and some one just needs to hide and press a button to get cheap shots on you

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

3 hours ago, Hannah King said:

i don't think you understand the advantage you have if you spam abuse it ig i am old school when everything was about skill and  not hiding   , and this isn't just a gov thing this  also makes raiding pointless because it's 2 shots with an awp and some one just needs to hide and press a button to get cheap shots on you

i mimber back in the day were that was commonly used only hope was gas and pray and if they are = numbers yah your chances are slim to none because the cheep shots they take  

10 hours ago, Calamity said:

- Support

I would totally + support this, but it would cause a lot of staff calls, which most people wont have proof. so im going to have - support allthough i would love this rule to work. 

+Support

Maybe just use a keypad with like a 3 second timer. Having a bunch of shooting windows where people sit behind them with awps, press the button for a millisecond to shoot you, leaving you no time to return fire is rather bullshit.

Retired Deputy Commissioner Bob Bob 1K51

+/-Support
Wouldnt mind, but would be insanely difficult for staff to enforce unless it was recorded or witnessed by a staff. Also it would be hard for a criminal to follow as during combat counting your fading door would be the last thing you would think of, or might accidentally let it go running away. 

On 6/17/2019 at 6:05 PM, Calamity said:

- Support

spacer.png

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:05 PM, Calamity said:

- Support

On 6/18/2019 at 5:54 AM, [GL] Mikey said:

+ support although I use it for all my bases I think it’s kinda op and you can open it and shoot and close it instantly. There should be some time limit to it.

I gotta agree. I don't use button's for my shooting windows or have anything in between just because I personally feel it's kinda op and it makes it really hard to shoot back.

+support

You can at least put keypads instead of a button; IDC how long they window holds open for. Right now with 5 FADING DOORS for crim with SHOOTING WINDOWS Not counting is IMO unfair. Especially with a Silo with very few Gov. online.

~Charlie

There was a rule with this about october last year where you had to hold it for 5 - 10 seconds

Ex. Superadmin - AnimeRP Ex. Senior Admin (AND FIRST) - PoliceRP   Ex. Senior Moderator - PoliceRP
Ex. Admin - Clonewars Ex. Admin - DarkRP 

On 6/18/2019 at 7:43 AM, ramonjason98 said:

I would totally + support this, but it would cause a lot of staff calls, which most people wont have proof. so im going to have - support allthough i would love this rule to work. 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:32 PM, Gaur said:

+/-Support
Wouldnt mind, but would be insanely difficult for staff to enforce unless it was recorded or witnessed by a staff. Also it would be hard for a criminal to follow as during combat counting your fading door would be the last thing you would think of, or might accidentally let it go running away. 

SX CEO ViperKimg | EMS/FR Reserves | Gaminglight Member Since 2017 | Donated Over $850 | Ex-PoliceRP Staff | $1,000,000,000 Achieved In-Game | Married to @EmptiedSkies ❤️

On 6/17/2019 at 9:05 PM, Calamity said:

- Support

• 2 weeks later...

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017