Ransom - Accepted

Skela

What you want to see? -  ransom 

Why should we add it? -  Well I can name countless times where we were able to sell high ranking personal to the foundation. But since recently. Guess we can’t?

What are the advantages of having this? - bring more role play aspect. I mean why do multiple endless raids. Wasting in roleplay, multiple men and money when you can do a simple deal and finish.

Who is it mainly for? - mainly CI.

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

+Support - But there need to be clear guidelines on who is worth what.

Something like - Commanders - 100k

Vice Commanders 75k

Low-Command 50k

Enlisted personnel 20k or less depending on rank

Something that makes it worthwile for CI to kidnap them, but its not going to clear out several people's checks.

If we cant ransom them for monetary value - then there should be an option to random them for D-Class or even SCP's if they are a high enough personnel.

+/- support. I don’t think that you should get 100k for a commander because money is hard to come by on this server. This isn’t policeRP where we have bitcoin miners and money printers. However, I think you should be allowed to negotiate for something. 

Since I've started playing on this server the rule has been in the MOTD that you can't ransom people.

Anyway, money isn't important on this server for the most part, so I guess this could be another way it could be useful? But I feel like MTF/NTF would rather just execute the potential security risk than pay a ransom.

+/- Support from me

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

1 hour ago, Rookieblue said:

But I feel like MTF/NTF would rather just execute the potential security risk than pay a ransom.

Blue does have a good point. In a lore sense the hostage should be executed. CI already does this where they attempt to kill their kidnapped operative.  

15 hours ago, th3 said:

You never were able to ransom off people you kidnapped so I don't know where that came from.

Well, I must’ve missed reading that in the rules. But we had multiple captured and half the time we was given money for them back. 

This can increase rp. If we have the situation on lockdown. And we won’t have to keep nuking due to a commander (or whatever) is being held captive, after failed attempts.

i mean cmon, a Nuke? And complete waste of soldiers dying trying to bring back one guy. Just simple pocket change, and boom, trade is complete

10 hours ago, Skela said:

Well, I must’ve missed reading that in the rules. But we had multiple captured and half the time we was given money for them back. 

This can increase rp. If we have the situation on lockdown. And we won’t have to keep nuking due to a commander (or whatever) is being held captive, after failed attempts.

i mean cmon, a Nuke? And complete waste of soldiers dying trying to bring back one guy. Just simple pocket change, and boom, trade is complete

I wasn't aware 300k was pocket change here

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

2 hours ago, Knuckles said:

I wasn't aware 300k was pocket change here

That one I’ll just put down a wonky face. But yea I can agree about prices shouldn’t be that high

+ Support. If we can agree on guidelines, I would support this. 

On 6/12/2019 at 6:29 PM, October said:

+/- support. I don’t think that you should get 100k for a commander because money is hard to come by on this server. This isn’t policeRP where we have bitcoin miners and money printers. However, I think you should be allowed to negotiate for something. 

100k is a lot of money, but people usually just pool up money in order to pay for stuff.

On 6/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, Conner Tyson said:

+ Support. If we can agree on guidelines, I would support this. 

100k is a lot of money, but people usually just pool up money in order to pay for stuff.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

+support as a A1 this would spice stuff up and give us somin to do I mean hell E11 handles the defense of the foundation most of the time so this would give A1 somin to do since protecting high ranking personell is our thing and it gives CI something new to do so im all for it plus it encourages foundation personell to work together and go in groups and it would promote a stronger sense of comradery in the foundation since during a raid we would all be working together since when we lose against ci we most of the time lose a scp or two but with risks like loosing high ranking personell people that the lower ranks loom up too it would encourage them to work harder during a raid to fight off ci