173 "Blinking" rules - Denied

Knuckles

What you want to see? - I would like to see official rules implemented regarding "blinking" when SCP 173 is encountered

Why should we add it? - Right now there is a massive influx of tickets along the lines of "FailRP by 173" and things of that nature. While that can be partially attributed to mingy players on 173 it can also be attributed to lack of clarification surrounding how blinking would work. Right now the commonly accepted method of blinking is every 5 seconds when only one person is looking. Some people also believe that 2 people is 10 seconds however more debate surrounds this one.

What are the advantages of having this? - This would reduce confusion and likely reduce the number of "173 FailRP/Minge" tickets that staff deal with on a daily basis, allowing staff to spend more time making sure everything else is running smoothly

Who is it mainly for? - Any containment teams as well as helping clarify 173

Links to any content - N/A

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

From my current understanding:

If one person is solely looking at 173 it can move every 5 seconds. If two or more people are looking at him, he can't move unless someone is trying to cuff him and they fail the roll. If three or more people are looking at him, 173 can be cuffed without needing to have a roll. Additionally, 173's SWEP can not be used to to get places he would not normally be able to get while just running, so teleporting on top of cameras, or signs and such isn't allowed.

+ Major Support for having modified, documented rules for each SCP for their specific SWEPs and recontainment.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

1 hour ago, Rookieblue said:

If one person is solely looking at 173 it can move every 5 seconds. If two or more people are looking at him, he can't move unless someone is trying to cuff him and they fail the roll. If three or more people are looking at him, 173 can be cuffed without needing to have a roll. Additionally, 173's SWEP can not be used to to get places he would not normally be able to get while just running, so teleporting on top of cameras, or signs and such isn't allowed.

+ Major Support for having modified, documented rules for each SCP for their specific SWEPs and recontainment.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

3 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

Trap.—

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

22 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

By the way, like a week ago or smth, Kade said that for 2 people 173 can move every 10 seconds, so I'm pretty sure that that's how it works.

• Thanks 1

I just checked the MOTD and this is what's on there now:

SCP-173 cannot move if there are more than two people staring at it at any given time.

I swear it previously read that if two people are looking he couldn't move. 

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

Just now, Rookieblue said:

I just checked the MOTD and this is what's on there now:

SCP-173 cannot move if there are more than two people staring at it at any given time.

I swear it previously read that if two people are looking he couldn't move. 

By that logic 173 could just run around dropping people left and right ?

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

On 6/10/2019 at 5:23 PM, Rookieblue said:

agreed

On 6/10/2019 at 6:23 PM, Rookieblue said:

Big Body Tony

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...