Udgey

A few suggestions regarding some rules.

Recommended Posts

Hey, there!

I wanted to have a discussion/debate about a few rules in the server that I disagree with:

1) Remove the rule regarding "attacking medical transports is failRP" for the German Army
   a) This is WW2, I mean.. the logic is simple here. I'm sure there have been a lot of Allied medivac transports destroyed by the German Army, it only makes sense considering they murdered about 2 million jews. It'd make sense considering majority of the command staff of the military was ruthless and cruel.
2) Paratroopers gliding through trees: This one is problematic. Many times have I witnessed.. and actually been a victim.. to enemy paratroopers gliding through trees only to goomba stomp me through a large branch above me. Personally that doesn't sound realistic and it isn't really fair to the person receiving the damage from the paratrooper. I'd like to suggest an rule to combat this as it's unrealistic.

Please provide open feedback and critique on my suggestions, but please remain polite and not overly rude. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-suppport 

german actualy followed the rules of war fare for medics and i will link proff for you to see.

ARTICLE 40 : IDENTIFICATION OF MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS PERSONNEL

Text of the provision*

(1) The personnel designated in Article 24 and in Articles 26 and 27 shall wear, affixed to the left arm, a water-resistant armlet bearing the distinctive emblem, issued and stamped by the military authority.

(2) Such personnel, in addition to wearing the identity disc mentioned in Article 16, shall also carry a special identity card bearing the distinctive emblem. This card shall be water-resistant and of such size that it can be carried in the pocket. It shall be worded in the national language, shall mention at least the surname and first names, the date of birth, the rank and the service number of the bearer, and shall state in what capacity he is entitled to the protection of the present Convention. The card shall bear the photograph of the owner and also either his signature or his fingerprints or both. It shall be embossed with the stamp of the military authority.

(3) The identity card shall be uniform throughout the same armed forces and, as far as possible, of a similar type in the armed forces of the High Contracting Parties. The Parties to the conflict may be guided by the model which is annexed, by way of example, to the present Convention. They shall inform each other, at the outbreak of hostilities, of the model they are using. Identity cards should be made out, if possible, at least in duplicate, one copy being kept by the home country.

(4) In no circumstances may the said personnel be deprived of their insignia or identity cards nor of the right to wear the armlet. In case of loss, they shall be entitled to receive duplicates of the cards and to have the insignia replaced.

 you alone need to see the part at 2:00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, [Atb] NATE1738 said:

-suppport 

german actualy followed the rules of war fare for medics and i will link proff for you to see.

ARTICLE 40 : IDENTIFICATION OF MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS PERSONNEL

Text of the provision*

(1) The personnel designated in Article 24 and in Articles 26 and 27 shall wear, affixed to the left arm, a water-resistant armlet bearing the distinctive emblem, issued and stamped by the military authority.

(2) Such personnel, in addition to wearing the identity disc mentioned in Article 16, shall also carry a special identity card bearing the distinctive emblem. This card shall be water-resistant and of such size that it can be carried in the pocket. It shall be worded in the national language, shall mention at least the surname and first names, the date of birth, the rank and the service number of the bearer, and shall state in what capacity he is entitled to the protection of the present Convention. The card shall bear the photograph of the owner and also either his signature or his fingerprints or both. It shall be embossed with the stamp of the military authority.

(3) The identity card shall be uniform throughout the same armed forces and, as far as possible, of a similar type in the armed forces of the High Contracting Parties. The Parties to the conflict may be guided by the model which is annexed, by way of example, to the present Convention. They shall inform each other, at the outbreak of hostilities, of the model they are using. Identity cards should be made out, if possible, at least in duplicate, one copy being kept by the home country.

(4) In no circumstances may the said personnel be deprived of their insignia or identity cards nor of the right to wear the armlet. In case of loss, they shall be entitled to receive duplicates of the cards and to have the insignia replaced.

 you alone need to see the part at 2:00

I hope you know this isn’t entirely true at all

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CrimzonEmpire said:

I hope you know this isn’t entirely true at all

 

the part about germans medics being marked and a qoute from the jenva convetion isnt true??? iam confused what you mean chap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, [Atb] NATE1738 said:

the part about germans medics being marked and a qoute from the jenva convetion isnt true??? iam confused what you mean chap.

Altho the Germans Might have Ratified that part of the Convention they didn't go through with it..

They Still Executed medical Personnel and etc  - even then if it's a war crime if a country doesn't comply with it tech isn't a war crime due to be paid so war crime or not the germans still committed it plenty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had multiple countries on both sides, like France, Japan, Russia, Italy, etc then I would support allowing the Germans to shoot the medivacs, but since theres only the two sides, and three countries, it would just boil down to one side being able to destroy them, while the other can’t. In the future, if (when hopefully) we get more countries, this could be added.

 

Interesting thought about the paratroopers - Ive never had this happen. Do you take damage from them landing on you, or them shooting you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Androntel said:

If we had multiple countries on both sides, like France, Japan, Russia, Italy, etc then I would support allowing the Germans to shoot the medivacs, but since theres only the two sides, and three countries, it would just boil down to one side being able to destroy them, while the other can’t. In the future, if (when hopefully) we get more countries, this could be added.

 

Interesting thought about the paratroopers - Ive never had this happen. Do you take damage from them landing on you, or them shooting you?

No this happens a lot they Shoot while para jumping and Reach spots like trees that we can shoot into and stomp us or just straight dive into combat which shouldn't be allowed but of course they had to go and complain. Like seriously Just dumb that 101st get to Drop right into C while we are capping it like no.... they need to land away from C or the previous objective because it's unrealistic and cheaty af

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, CrimzonEmpire said:

No this happens a lot they Shoot while para jumping and Reach spots like trees that we can shoot into and stomp us or just straight dive into combat which shouldn't be allowed but of course they had to go and complain. Like seriously Just dumb that 101st get to Drop right into C while we are capping it like no.... they need to land away from C or the previous objective because it's unrealistic and cheaty af

Germany also has paratroopers, and you cannot use sights when you're falling, only hip fire. I think it should be fine if people just use cover.

Edited by Androntel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/7/2019 at 6:54 PM, Udgey said:

Hey, there!

I wanted to have a discussion/debate about a few rules in the server that I disagree with:

1) Remove the rule regarding "attacking medical transports is failRP" for the German Army
   a) This is WW2, I mean.. the logic is simple here. I'm sure there have been a lot of Allied medivac transports destroyed by the German Army, it only makes sense considering they murdered about 2 million jews. It'd make sense considering majority of the command staff of the military was ruthless and cruel.
2) Paratroopers gliding through trees: This one is problematic. Many times have I witnessed.. and actually been a victim.. to enemy paratroopers gliding through trees only to goomba stomp me through a large branch above me. Personally that doesn't sound realistic and it isn't really fair to the person receiving the damage from the paratrooper. I'd like to suggest an rule to combat this as it's unrealistic.

Please provide open feedback and critique on my suggestions, but please remain polite and not overly rude. Thanks!

-Support

1. Removing the first rule would show a decrease in active medics, and therefor would hurt RP more than not being able to shoot them does.

2. I agree, this is annoying. However, This is just as annoying as being sprayed down by someone in  Luftwaffe that is 50ft in the sky with dead accuracy on their parachute. Players gliding through trees and, landing on branches is what      gives the war some edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CrimzonEmpire said:

No this happens a lot they Shoot while para jumping and Reach spots like trees that we can shoot into and stomp us or just straight dive into combat which shouldn't be allowed but of course they had to go and complain. Like seriously Just dumb that 101st get to Drop right into C while we are capping it like no.... they need to land away from C or the previous objective because it's unrealistic and cheaty af

I do not know how to phrase this any other way so I apologize for my bluntness, it is known by now that a lot of what the Allied troops do is paradrop, thus, the enemy side should always keep one eye in the sky. Scheffer put in a rule that you can shoot falling paratroopers (still having mixed results from my troopers about how they feel), and so if you cannot shoot someone hip-firing at you, then ask someone who can aim to shoot them for you. Another solution would be to host more tryouts for the branch that contains the German paratroopers. Trying to instate this rule is like taking a brand new toy, letting someone play with it (Newly made para-dropping), taking the paint off (Shooting ppl in the air), then burning the toy to nothing but ash and saying, "Here ya go bud" (This suggestion). But that is my two cents 

~ Brigadier General Zach

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now