"/Roll" Command - Denied

Tonto

What you want to see? - I would like to see the "/roll" command put into the game

Why should we add it? - I think adding this to our server would further enhance the RP for everyone but more importantly police, for example say we pull someone over and we want to search their car, we can do "/roll" and if we get above 50 then we find something illegal or below 50 is not illegal (the rules for that can be set i'm just giving an example). another example would be like if the police dog searches the car they too can roll to find anything illegal. Even for DUI checkpoints we could "/roll" to see if someone is above the limit or under the influence of alcohol etc. This inst mainly focused on police this can be used for civilian jobs too like for example people could bet money on a number and "/roll" between each other the point is the possibility for RP with this addon is endless.

What are the advantages of having this? - The advantage would be that players would have endless possibilities and it would further enhance RP for everyone and make it fun and interactive 

Who is it mainly for? - For everyone

Links to any content - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=516377504

Edited by Tonto

Retired PD Major | Long Time GL Member

+/- Support

10 hours ago, Tonto said:

we can do "/roll" and if we get above 50 then we find something illegal or below 50 is not illegal (the rules for that can be set i'm just giving an example).

Just using "/roll" to find something illegal really would ruin some peoples RP experience, as the LEO could end up rolling a higher number than the person in the vehicle/property which may result in the person owning said property to be arrested against the way they wanted to RP stuff out; in this case RPing as a normal citizen with nothing illegal. So I don't really think /Roll could work here, if anything it could be abused by LEOs.

police dog searches the car they too can roll to find anything illegal

Police Dogs are trained IRL to sniff this out, I'm not sure the chances of them not finding it in a place that has it, but I'd assume extremly low. This would be RPed out in "/me"  by the owner of the property (Property being a vehicle, house, etc.)  saying if they had any illegal substances or not. However, that doesn't mean /roll couldn't be used here.

Even for DUI checkpoints we could "/roll" to see if someone is above the limit or under the influence of alcohol

This is something that normally would get RPed out anyways using /me and the other person would reply using /me giving a number or just saying if they were/are over or under the legal limit. "/Roll" really wouldn't work in this instance.

PROS/CONS

+ Last I checked SCP-RP had a /roll system, so this wouldn't be a thing that couldn't be implemented.

+ "/Roll" Could still have many other uses in Police-RP. For example, It could be used for RPing baseball games, and **NOT ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO DO THIS, BUT** for slots, AKA gambling.

- Could result in some forced RP situation, for example in traffic stops is anything illegal found in the vehicle.

This directly relates to con listed above, could result in more staff calls, because of forced RP. (Example listed above.)

Edited by StackableGold

"It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure" ~ Bill Gates

+ Support 

But the only issue I have is that people will get mad as they're literally will go to jail based off a lucky number generator. 

It's not really fair to say "You're drunk" when they aren't. Unless they rp that out. 

PoliceRP Manager

+/-

You can abuse this but you can also make the DUI test easier. It can make RP a bit easier

{ 𝒥𝑒𝒹𝒾 𝓋𝓈 𝒮𝒾𝓉𝒽 | 𝒟𝒶𝓇𝓉𝒽 𝑅𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃 }

{ 𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁𝑅𝒫 | 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓈𝒽𝒶𝓁 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 - 𝟧𝟢𝟣𝓈𝓉 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 - 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒜𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓁 }

{ 𝒞𝒲 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒𝑅𝒫 | 𝐿𝒾𝑒𝓊𝓉𝑒𝓃𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 }

{ 𝑀𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓎𝑅𝒫 | 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒰𝒮𝒜𝐹 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁 }

• Fame locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017