MOTD Rule Addition - Restriction of Firearms to Foundation Staff - Accepted

Rookieblue

Should this be implemented?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be implemented?

• Yes
    • No

What you want to see? - An MOTD rule, or update to the position descriptions for Janitors, Medical Staff, and Technicians, that bar them from purchasing and carrying weapons, or at least restricting them to semi-automatic pistols.

Why should we add it? - This would make the server more lore friendly, as these staff members would not have assault rifles, uzis, and such with them in the course of their regular duties, and would help cut down on minging that is quite common with these specific classes.

What are the advantages of having this? - Less RDM mingery, more lore friendly, clarifies what's acceptable for these specific classes to carry so enforcement is easier.

Who is it mainly for? - Benefit server wide with the reduction of the potential to RDM, clarifies weapon rules.

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by Rookieblue
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

Ayy this is a good idea - maybe you could've waited a bit and contacted the new Director of Utility Staff. 

All those classes are going to be Whitelisted soon, so having some clear rules in their own SOP would help keep down on the minging.

• Gaminglight Love 1

+Support

I wasn't aware janitors were trained in the use of heavy munitions

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

7 hours ago, Dcethe said:

Ayy this is a good idea - maybe you could've waited a bit and contacted the new Director of Utility Staff. 

All those classes are going to be Whitelisted soon, so having some clear rules in their own SOP would help keep down on the minging.

I hadn't seen it had already announced, but I still think this should be codified to further clarify the rules of what's allowed and to give our staff better standing on issuing warnings to repeat offenders.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

13 hours ago, Dcethe said:

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

16 hours ago, Dcethe said:

22 hours ago, Dcethe said: