Gunther's Trial Moderator Application- Accepted

Gunther

Gunther's Trial Moderator Application  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?:
Gunther, although occasionally on D-Class, Fleshstick.

What is your steam name?: 
§3Gunther

What is your steam ID?:
STEAM_0:1:430475006

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) 
If being a staff member for Discord servers count, then yes, I'm a Moderator for a Roblox Trading Community, RBXCity, with over 7,000 members, and I've worked for them for over 9 months and still do. Along with that, I'm a Moderator for a fanbase of the owner of City, Linkmon99, who has over 10,000 members in it. I've been a Mod for that server for 10+ months. Additionally, I was a Moderator for a Minecraft server named Noobcraft, before all current staff including me were let go. Its nowhere near the same in terms of professionalism, however, I do take my job seriously on there so I do plan to do the same here. 

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)
April 30-ish.

What date did you make your forums account?
May 9, 2019

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?
Diamond

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?
Yes, once back in May.
image.thumb.png.365de984d433df0c71e4bb83cfb5be61.pngYes, once in 

Have you donated?
Yes, I've bought Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Diamond, and purchased a Hatchet.

What rank are you applying for?
Trial Moderator

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?
No.

Have you read the staff guidelines? 
Yes

Timezone:
EST

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this):
N/A

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)
I would like to be staff because I like helping people and enforcing rules. I would also like to use this job to further bond with the community and hopefully have them see me as someone who they can go to when they need advice, help, or want someone to vent to. I don't know if age affects the application but I'm 21 years old, which in retrospect means I'm a bit more mature than say a 15 year old playing. I've said previously that I moderate on Discords, and although that's not the same, I do take my job on there seriously and that's all I know how to do, is moderate, enforce rules, and help people on forums and the server. In fact, whenever I play on the server, sometimes I'll "micro-mod" and while I don't mean to act like staff, its just sort of natural for me due to my Mod history. I play on the server for several hours or more, and I usually involve myself in events. Whenever I play on the server, I notice people breaking rules like say a 912 is FailRP-ing and attacking D-Class when he's not supposed to, those are times I wish I could tell him what he is doing is wrong without him blowing me off cause I'm not staff, or cause I'm dead. I have a great relationship with everyone and although I'm newer to GL, I seem to have developed a overall great relationship with everyone, I respect everyone and I'm very open to advice and to feedback from Upper Staff. I keep my nose clean, and I keep a level head with everyone. If you choose to deny my application, I'm not gonna stop playing the game, being a staff was not the reason I started playing and its certainly not going to reason I quit, because that's simply immature. I love this game and the community and I plan on playing this for years on.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
I would try to ask them to silence themselves so I may lecture them on what they are doing is wrong, if they continue, I would gag them until the end of the talk, in which I would ungag them. If they were to continue to curse and be disrespectful, warn them for staff disrespect and  I would then proceed to check their warnings and depending on the amount, either let em off with a verbal warning, or if they have done this type of behavior in the past, give them a 300 second Anti-Minge, or if this would be their 3rd time getting in trouble for this, contact my superior and explain this situation as well as ask for their help giving the punishment.  Once that's taken care of, thank the Mod or Admin or whoever came, and return the RDM-er to his original position.

Edit: Let them know they are getting a warning and that it is for Staff Disrespect. And if the situation is far beyond my control, like they have 15+ warns, I would contact an Admin and then let them handle it. I would also watch them handle it so I feel less awkward the next I do a Admin Sit.

Edited by §3Gunther
I believe I know what I missed in the last question and added it in.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+ Support

Uses prestigious words which indirectly reflects on maturity

Seems very experienced based on the application

Nice App

Q16 is tad but wrong but good enough

Seems to read the staff guide line

I'm Just a Big Tom and Jerry Fan. 

tenor--1-.gif.701eb66430b7956f5cac65c4ce677b06.gif

+/- Support

Q16 is wrong you might want to change it

You made a few spam posts to get to 25 for the app.

You should probably read the staff guidelines over again

Your app looks nice

You have experience with staffing which can be helpful 

You have 1 warn which is okay

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

+ Support

Looking through your application, I see a lot of really good experience from other areas that will help you in your duties as a trial moderator here, if your application is accepted. Experience is always great, and looking to further get involved with our community by becoming a moderator is a good goal to have. You have one warning on the server, which is nearly a month old, so I'm not too worried about that. Regarding your post count, we generally like to see that someone is interested in engaging the community here on the forums, as well as on the server. While I understand your concerns about places in the forums that aren't utilized as fully as they could be, one of our more used sections of the forums, which allows you to propose new additions to the server or provide your thoughts on other people's suggestions. This would be a better way to engage with the community, rather than replying to older forum topics.

For question 16, I'm not sure if you've already rewritten it at the suggestion of the other moderators, but I don't personally see any major problems with the response you provided. As moderators we are empowered to take enforcement action of issues that we see with our discretion, so something that I may think warrants only a verbal warning, another moderator may think warrants a server warning. The major things that I look for in response for this section are that the candidate takes control of the sit, which you did by gagging the person who was swearing at you and interrupting you. I then look to see if the candidate considers a variety of options available to them, or if they just look at one option. I do really like that you checked his warning history, as that is something that I don't think enough moderators do, because someone's history can absolutely have an influence on what action you should take. Finally, I like to see that the candidate looks to receive support from more senior staff, in this instance the potential administration of the 10,000-second minge, or longer minge, which you did. Personally, I probably would've applied or sought to have someone apply a longer than 300-second minge off hand based on the mass RDM and disrespect, but again, that is up to your discretion.

Good luck, and I hope to see you join the staffing team!

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

12 hours ago, TideTerror said:

+/- Support

Your app looks nice

agreed.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:41 PM, Rookieblue said:

+ Support

Looking through your application, I see a lot of really good experience from other areas that will help you in your duties as a trial moderator here, if your application is accepted. Experience is always great, and looking to further get involved with our community by becoming a moderator is a good goal to have. You have one warning on the server, which is nearly a month old, so I'm not too worried about that. Regarding your post count, we generally like to see that someone is interested in engaging the community here on the forums, as well as on the server. While I understand your concerns about places in the forums that aren't utilized as fully as they could be, one of our more used sections of the forums, which allows you to propose new additions to the server or provide your thoughts on other people's suggestions. This would be a better way to engage with the community, rather than replying to older forum topics.

For question 16, I'm not sure if you've already rewritten it at the suggestion of the other moderators, but I don't personally see any major problems with the response you provided. As moderators we are empowered to take enforcement action of issues that we see with our discretion, so something that I may think warrants only a verbal warning, another moderator may think warrants a server warning. The major things that I look for in response for this section are that the candidate takes control of the sit, which you did by gagging the person who was swearing at you and interrupting you. I then look to see if the candidate considers a variety of options available to them, or if they just look at one option. I do really like that you checked his warning history, as that is something that I don't think enough moderators do, because someone's history can absolutely have an influence on what action you should take. Finally, I like to see that the candidate looks to receive support from more senior staff, in this instance the potential administration of the 10,000-second minge, or longer minge, which you did. Personally, I probably would've applied or sought to have someone apply a longer than 300-second minge off hand based on the mass RDM and disrespect, but again, that is up to your discretion.

I agree with this, taking a look at your application I can say that you have a pretty good idea and think you should be given a chance

Good Luck ~Chimp

On 6/2/2019 at 1:41 PM, Rookieblue said:

+ Support

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My goodness.

Trap.—

giphy.gif

On 6/2/2019 at 10:41 PM, Rookieblue said:

+ Support

I don't really have anything to say, everyone already said everything. Good luck! ?

On 6/2/2019 at 9:41 PM, Rookieblue said:

+ Support

Ex-SCPRP D-Boi | Security Officer | Senior Moderator/Admin | Ex-Discord Moderator and TS Support Member 

Ex-PoliceRP EMS Dep. Chief |  SWAT CPL | Head Dispatcher | FBI EAD | Interpol HoI | DOC LT | SS SSO | 

On 6/2/2019 at 7:28 AM, TideTerror said:

+/- Support

Your app looks nice

Big Body Tony

spacer.png

On 6/2/2019 at 9:28 AM, TideTerror said:

+/- Support

Your app looks nice

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons what the hell am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am?! I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent me a combustible lemon, that burns your house down!

On 6/2/2019 at 3:28 AM, Catsro said:

+/- Support

Your app looks nice

ACCEPTED!

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you for staff! Please speak to HoS+ for SCP-RP in TeamSpeak to get started!

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator