Make it so you can't hear keypad cracking behind blast doors - Accepted

shut up blanke

What you want to see? - Keypad cracking can't be heard behind blast doors

Why should we add it? - It's heavily unrealistic for keypad beeping to be heard behind steel blast doors. The blast door's entire purpose is to keep things out, including sound. With being able to hear keypad cracking behind blast doors, it's extremely unfair for Chaos Insurgency as MTF/NTF can just get all their troops behind the blast door and just make a firing line while it slowly cracks open and the second it opens they spam nitro glycerine. Isn't the entire purpose of Chaos Insurgency to enter the foundation without the Foundation's knowledge to retrieve/let out SCPs/Class-D?

What are the advantages of having this? - Gives an unfair advantage to CI/Class-D, Extremely unrealistic, more smooth CI raids.

Who is it mainly for? - SCPS, CI, Class-D, a bit for MTF/NTF.

Links to any content - n/a

• Manager

This has always been a thing just people like to metagame.

When I do hear beeping I know my Nu-7 will act so I tell them "Wait until they open the door and then we react" and I tell them it's metagaming to hear beeping through a blast door

But +Support

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

18 hours ago, Kade said:

So like the gates...+support

But it is kinda hard not to ignore beeping in your ear.

+Support.

This is deferentially annoying as any class that has to keypad crack, I saw like 7 CI going in, And MTF Built a huge wall because they heard it.

Trap.—

giphy.gif

+support

The doors in lore are extremely thick, and in the server they are too, RP wise a normal person shouldn't be capable of hearing through it, it doesnt seem right that MTF can "Hear it" and eradicate CI because of it.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:31 AM, Skela said:

Ngl, I can’t hear the beeping in game for some reason. But I support this!

Same.

+Support

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

6 hours ago, TheBetterBrandon said:

-Support

Enforcing this is really hard to do and those on the other side of the door can just claim they just came by without noticing. You would pretty much have to remove the sound of keypad cracking entirely or find another addon that has silent keypad crackers.

I don't see how enforcing this would be hard. Put it in the MOTD. If they don't follow the rules, they get warned. This can be easily found out if they literally sit at the gate or call a Ci raid in foundation radios. Even better, put a small sign on top of the gate. The second option would take even less time. 

tbh the beeping noise needs to be limited so you can only hear it from a limited distance.

Most of the time - people in D-Block can hear those trying to escape to HCZ via hacking.

+Support

>they came by and happened to build 10 foot walls of defensives

-Support This is just CI trying to make themselves OP and undetectable. You have been able to hear keypad cracking as a rule for all the time i have been on the server so theres no point in changing this. Instead of removing this find a silent keypad cracker and give it to command if you want a buff so bad. 

1 hour ago, [FNG]-{WZ}XxAssassinNickDaWolfxX said:

-Support This is just CI trying to make themselves OP and undetectable. You have been able to hear keypad cracking as a rule for all the time i have been on the server so theres no point in changing this. Instead of removing this find a silent keypad cracker and give it to command if you want a buff so bad. 

This is not for only CI. This is for D class, and other personals with keypad crackers. Hence also if role-play, how would you hear a key racking through layers of metal? Unless you have super hearing. You wouldn’t. Especially since the keypad cracking is loud enough to be heard in d block from heavy containment. Which in my opinion is really unrealistic. 

If anything for Chaos, this is equaling out. Cause literally, we had to deal with a whole fortified base in a recent raid. 

• Like 1

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

11 hours ago, shut up blanke said:

I don't see how enforcing this would be hard. Put it in the MOTD. If they don't follow the rules, they get warned. This can be easily found out if they literally sit at the gate or call a Ci raid in foundation radios. Even better, put a small sign on top of the gate. The second option would take even less time. 

The Osborn with enforcing it is that. Unless they have video proof. We can't do anything. Because in the logs. Or debt show props. So doors and such. Also it is a still picture. United we are watching it happen. we can't do anything.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

2 hours ago, Chief_ said:

The Osborn with enforcing it is that. Unless they have video proof. We can't do anything. Because in the logs. Or debt show props. So doors and such. Also it is a still picture. United we are watching it happen. we can't do anything.

That is true, what if we just remove the sound entirely like October suggested? I don't know much about game mechanics but I don't think it's gonna be that hard right? If it costs money or something like that though, I don't think this idea should be implemented.

Accepted! Please allow up to a week for any suggestions you have requested to be added in the game or on the forums.

The sound has been made a lot quieter, so the keycard crackers will be not easily detectable any longer.

big cat running GIF