LakenPrime False Warn Appeal

Araniel

Your In-game: DredgenYor

Your SteamID: DredgenYor (However try "xero546er4" if it doesn't work)

The admin's name in-game: Security SO BigBuddy (I think)

The admin's steam name (If you know it): N/A

What warning did you receive: Homophobic/Player Dis - Calling another player the f word

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED):

image.png.4e4a6401a2bbdcde6b9ed07a0ce3e529.png

Why do you think this warn was false:

•  I believe that this warn was falsely given to me, due to the fact that throughout the game I had been yelling "REVOLUTION". Whenever I was going towards the guard and punching them, I merely shouted again the word "REVOLUTION" and did not call any of them names including racial or homophobic words. Heck I didn't even care that they were killing me, as I was only joking around and having fun.
  • Another fact is that, the term "homophobic" means "having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people":
    •  1. I was not performing any action that related to me, hating homosexuals. Did I make signs or scream anything? Nope I was given a warn for apparently being homophobic. 
    • 2. Me saying "faggot" does not mean I'm screaming homophobic slurs or disrespecting people. I admit I do use that term, but it's merely to insult someone who hits or shoots me randomly. For example if a class - d hits me with a bat killing me, of course I would call them a "faggot" or an insult like who wouldn't, but I did not use the term to insult someone of their sexuality or anything related to homosexuals.
  • Lastly when I was imprisoned, I tried to ask for an explanation or something that could prove that I was being "homophobic or disrespecting a player" but instead I was muted and kept in a confined area. Heck if the staff member actually provided proof of me being disrespectful. I would've taken the punishment, kept my mouth shut and when freed just do what I usually do on the server which is having fun on SCP.

Any extra information:

• I was also demoted of my security rank.
Edited by LakenPrime

I was in D-Block after finishing up another admin sit when I heard this player say, "Get those f*****s" while chasing after another player. He was the only one speaking at the time, and his player name popped up showing he was speaking. I then followed him, and heard him speak again to confirm that this was the individual that made the comment. I then issued the warning and an appropriate minge using my discretion. I then teleported to you, explained that were minged for usage of the word, and that it's usage is never tolerated on our server. Usage of this word against another player is never tolerated on this server, as we maintain a very friendly community and atmosphere.

I wasn't involved in demoting you off of your GENSEC job.

His steam ID is STEAM_0:1:44044482 / 76561198048354693

Edited by Rookieblue

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

10 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

I was in D-Block after finishing up another admin sit when I heard this player say, "Get those f*****s" while chasing after another player. He was the only one speaking at the time, and his player name popped up showing he was speaking. I then followed him, and heard him speak again to confirm that this was the individual that made the comment. Usage of this word against another player is never tolerated on this server, as we maintain a very friendly community and atmosphere.

You could've explained that to me when you IMPRISONED me, that would've cleared the situation up. Heck i would've even apologized and admitted my mistake, but NOPE you imprisoned and forced my mouth shut.

Also try analyzing the term "Homophobic" more clearly, as I'm pretty sure calling someone a "faggot" does not automatically mean I hold prejudice against homosexuals. I was only using it as an insult. 

Lastly that player was assaulting multiple of d - class players including me, he deserved what was happening to him. "Disrespecting against other players aren't tolerated". Mate have you seen D-class we all disrespect one another when someone has been falsely killed, because one immature brat thought that it would be fun to randomly murder someone. What should I have done? Report them to a staff member and have them give me the excuse that it's fine until he kills me?

Edited by LakenPrime

6 minutes ago, LakenPrime said:

You could've explained that to me when you IMPRISONED me, that would've cleared the situation up. Heck i would've even apologized and admitted my mistake, but NOPE you imprisoned and forced my mouth shut.

Also try analyzing the term "Homophobic" more clearly, as I'm pretty sure calling someone a "faggot" does not automatically mean I hold prejudice against homosexuals. I was only using it as an insult. 

Lastly that player was assaulting multiple of d - class players including me, he deserved what was happening to him. "Disrespecting against other players aren't tolerated". Mate have you seen D-class we all disrespect one another when someone has been falsely killed, because one immature brat thought that it would be fun to randomly murder someone. What should I have done? Report them to a staff member and have them give me the excuse that it's fine until he kills me?

I minged you, which is common practice when someone has committed an offense, as you did, and I did explain it to you after minging you, as stated in my initial reply. Calling another player a "faggot" is never tolerated on our server, regardless of your intent. We are a welcoming community made up of all sorts of people and that kind of language, especially since you've admitted you routinely call other players it, is not tolerable. Additionally, using the term "faggot" as an insult, shows that you view people who are homosexuals as lesser, which pretty clearly shows you have a prejudice against homosexuals. 

Being attacked by another D-Class is not acceptable either, even if you're not killed. If the other D-Class player was attacking you, you should call a staff member to handle the situation, as it is considered Random Death Match. The instigating player could be talked to and appropriate action taken from there.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

19 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

I was in D-Block after finishing up another admin sit when I heard this player say, "Get those f*****s" while chasing after another player. He was the only one speaking at the time, and his player name popped up showing he was speaking. I then followed him, and heard him speak again to confirm that this was the individual that made the comment. I then issued the warning and an appropriate minge using my discretion. I then teleported to you, explained that were minged for usage of the word, and that it's usage is never tolerated on our server. Usage of this word against another player is never tolerated on this server, as we maintain a very friendly community and atmosphere.

I wasn't involved in demoting you off of your GENSEC job.

Was on when this happened,  from seeing how you admitted that you were using homophobic slang,I would say this warn is efficiently correct.

-Support

19 hours ago, LakenPrime said:

A I'm pretty sure calling someone a "faggot" does not automatically mean I hold prejudice against homosexuals. I was only using it as an insult. 

• Like 1

Trap.—

giphy.gif

• th3 locked this topic

Denied

While you may not have meant it as being homophobic, you still meant it as an insult. This being said, the warn is valid for player disrespect.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator